Champ Rejects...

So I've recently taken over an Org and I've been trying to book three solid events worth of quality fights right off the bat as many of the fighters hadn't fought in some time due to the Org's previous owner not having the time to schedule fights in advance.

Anyway, I've run into a couple of issues. Can a Champ realistically refuse a fight offered to him?

In most cases I've gone out of my way to ensure that the match ups I'm giving out are reasonably fair, the only exception to this is in the case of title fights where I have been giving the champ the best guy in each division to fight. Anyway, one of these Champs sat on the offer for a week before rejecting the fight. I get that it's not a good match up for him, but can he really do that?

Am I within my rights to strip the belt if he won't take a hard fight?

Is there anything I can do to spare myself the hype hit if I do strip the belt?

Do I owe title holders fair match ups? Or do I owe the Org the best possible champion?

If its some one with real low hype or rank, that is not worthy of a title shot. I have had that happened once and though I didn't agree with it 100% I understood to a extent where he was coming from. If he where to loose not only do they loose there belt but a lot of hype and rank as well.

If its not hype/rank related then strip them its a hype loss sure but your org will not be destroyed from it.

Hmmm, don't think it's a hype issue. When the fight was offered the guy was the number two hyped in the division. Since then I've made a couple of signings who have ever so slightly more hype than the challenger, but they have no fights in the org and weren't even in the org when the fight was offered. But the fighters are so young and early in their careers that there's very little different between the records, ranks, or hype that I can't see that being a big deal.

I've sent him a mail asking why he turned down the fight. One of the new, higher ranked guys, is a slightly better match up for the champ, but I don't feel right about giving away the title shot I already offered to someone else, who has already fought and won within the org.

Hmmm, don't think it's a hype issue. When the fight was offered the guy was the number two hyped in the division. Since then I've made a couple of signings who have ever so slightly more hype than the challenger, but they have no fights in the org and weren't even in the org when the fight was offered. But the fighters are so young and early in their careers that there's very little different between the records, ranks, or hype that I can't see that being a big deal.

I've sent him a mail asking why he turned down the fight. One of the new, higher ranked guys, is a slightly better match up for the champ, but I don't feel right about giving away the title shot I already offered to someone else, who has already fought and won within the org.

Well sounds like a simple case of "No Balls", which I would suggest have a few chats if they still decline, give em there walking papers. Your no champ if your scared of a little challenge.

I assume you talking about this guy http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=216230

and is being offered this guy: http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=206482

while that is a pretty big mismatch on skill levels, the title holder shouldn't turn down the fight unless he would prefer to just have the belt stripped then fight a fight he will likely lose.

I assume you talking about this guy http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=216230

Wrong on that count. That guy is about to get stripped for the entirely different reason of his manager having not signed in for almost a month. I can't afford absentee title holders. He's the 205 champ

My current situation is regarding the heavyweight division. But yeah, I offered Hector the shot. He was number two in the division when I offered it, coming off an impressive FOTN win and had the best skill set, probably of anyone in my org, so it seemed only fair to give him the Title shot.

You should strip the champ and fire him. If we are giving these cowards what they want they continue to do it. Chris Garcia is good example, he refused to defend title with his champ and org owner rewarded him with easier matchup. Luckily for everyone Chris lost his title due bad slider settings and now men are fighting for the title. I see that Chris left the org and continued to crush cans elsewhere. I don't know why this guy has so "good" reputation. He has done many asshole moves for other people too, not just me and Whymer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You should strip the champ and fire him. If we are giving these cowards what they want they continue to do it. Chris Garcia is good example, he refused to defend title with his champ and org owner rewarded him with easier matchup. Luckily for everyone Chris lost his title due bad slider settings and now men are fighting for the title. I see that Chris left the org and continued to crush cans elsewhere. I don't know why this guy has so "good" reputation. He has done many asshole moves for other people too, not just me and Whymer.

Because he started this game super badass, fighting anyone, with much skill and manager experience difference with amazing results and impressed tons of people by that, he did not get the "Best new manager" award for no reason. I remember following him back then when he was still at CBK and i was really impressed, kind of the same thing with Jesse Bowes. Next to that, he is just this nerdy kid you love to have around and talk smack with. :) A guy that has fallen in love with Tycoon and who is a good motivation for other people.

That being said, yeah, i think he is in a stage atm where he is/has been too protective, being ambitious with his rank and negotiating tough (like many of the top managers do, too, without giving names there). I've talked with him about that already. Maybe i was even a catalyst there because of some running gag stuff, i don't know.

I think many people had such a period in their Tycoon history... with a bit too much ambition, (positive) greed, you know. He's in lots of tough battles atm, too, not to give a false impression here. That all being said, i'd lay my hands in the fire for him that this stays just a period.

You may have a good reason to be pissed (without knowing much about it, it also got more fire due to other personal stuff between you both guys i don't want to intervene in at all), i also trust Whymer's word, but please don't make it some sort of personal Vendetta now. Things got verbalized now in different threads.

Champs do not get to decline fights. End of story.

Couldn't give a shit about your hype/pop matchup. You signed a contract to fight and the belt says you're the best in the division. You continue to prove it by fighting as per the previously mentioned contract.

Anyone refusing these terms get the belt stripped and no more title shots without plenty of begging and at least another 4 fights wait. Anyone who complains gets cut altogether and goes on my shitlist and never gets their fighters hired again.

Tough love, K-Rad style.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1