general circuit training

What is the most efficient for long term fighter development? - lots of 'general' circuit training or using individual circuit training sessions for each attribute, like agility, speed etc.

Thanks for the advice in advance

What is the most efficient for long term fighter development? - lots of 'general' circuit training or using individual circuit training sessions for each attribute, like agility, speed etc.

Thanks for the advice in advance

General gets you a bit of everything and is for long term projects but if you looking to work with specific then I would individual circuit training.

When developing projects physicals it's good to make two general CT sessions and one specific each week. But if my projects have a fight against wreslter for example I'm setting 1 general, 1 agility/speed and 1 balance but it all depends on fighter's physicals level.

Bragi~

but over the long term is it better to use general if developing a project? faster in the long run to get all the physicals up?

Well, over the long term in my opinion it's better to do generals and use specific CT's training later to improve lowest physicals.

Bragi~

^^ Bragi gives good advice.

If you're working a project which won't fight for 3-6 months, I recommend General CT and you can tweak at the end if you need like Bragi says.

If you're planning on fighting quite soon, you need to ensure your conditioning and strength are at acceptable levels, or other skills if you put more points into cardio/strength on creation. Then you can specify, but you will do your conditioning through cardio and strength through weights, the rest through specific CTs, although flex can be done through yoga.

^^ Bragi gives good advice.

(...)

If you're planning on fighting quite soon, you need to ensure your conditioning and strength are at acceptable levels, or other skills if you put more points into cardio/strength on creation.

(...)

Well, you're doing great job with answering on questions in this subforum, too :)

Just wanted to add a word. Bolded sentence is very if not the most important. KO power hidden will show only (I think, cause it happened a few times to me) if strenght is higher than some level (I think it must be higher that respectable or proficent).

And I would recommend to give 110 points to condition at creation, cause your fighter instead of doing cardio would train secondaries/primaries/other physicals via CT training/yoga.

Bragi~

There's a few arguments out there on conditioning and it basically comes down to how long you expect to wait until you fight but in terms of absolute speed of training it works out faster to start conditioning at a minimum and training it all the way up, giving the points to other physicals, than to give max points to conditioning and train up the other physicals.

This New User Guide by Myronmonroe breaks down the logic and the math: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21241

When developing projects physicals it's good to make two general CT sessions and one specific each week. But if my projects have a fight against wreslter for example I'm setting 1 general, 1 agility/speed and 1 balance but it all depends on fighter's physicals level.

Bragi~

Fighters having 4-6 circuit training sessions in a week is a bad idea even keeping energy above 90%

• Downvote 1

Fighters having 4-6 circuit training sessions in a week is a bad idea even keeping energy above 90%

I never set >3 CT's training weekly for my projects. "/" means agility or speed, mate :).

Bragi~

Bragi~

There's a few arguments out there on conditioning and it basically comes down to how long you expect to wait until you fight but in terms of absolute speed of training it works out faster to start conditioning at a minimum and training it all the way up, giving the points to other physicals, than to give max points to conditioning and train up the other physicals.

This New User Guide by Myronmonroe breaks down the logic and the math: http://www.mmatycoon...showtopic=21241

That link could be helpful for new users. To be honest I tried two ways of creating fighters 110 points to condition and 10 points to condition (my WPR's tourney fighter - Piotr was created with 10 condition and it was hughe mistake...). And in my opinion it's better to set 110 points. You're not wasting two-three weeks just to do cardio training. Your fighter is able to train primaries/secondaires/physicals just after creation. And in my opinion two-three weeks of training at young age it's time that I wouldn't want to waste.

EDIT: Just checked that reaching wonderful cardio from 10 points and creation to wonderful-- is 25 session with increase stamina supps (for my last project)

Bragi~

Edited by zatochi725

• 2 years later...