UFC 165 Pick 'em

JLP

That was either a draw or a win for Alex. Because the last round could be considered a 10-8 round for Jones imo. But one judge said it was 49-46 for Jones. It was total bullshit, but that's how it goes, they won't take the title away from the champ when it is a close fight. Poor Edgar knows all about that cause he keeps getting robbed.

I feel like I would have to watch it a couple more times to have an opinion I feel strongly about on that fight, but I thought Jones won it on first watch. Every one of those rounds was pretty close, so I have a hard time feeling strongly about it either way. I think Gustafsson might have surprised people so much that maybe they thought he was winning more comfortably than he actually was. Or maybe I was undervaluing his counters and overvaluing Jones' kicks. Like I said I think I'll have to rewatch trying to score.

I do not think that was a robbery though either way.

I had the fight 49 - 47 Jones. I only had Jones losing the 1st. I have watched the fight twice and scored it the same both times.

1. 9-10 Gus

2. 10-10 draw

3. 10-9 Jones

4. 10-9 Jones

5. 10-9 Jones

I think the fight was awesome. One of the greatest title fights ever. I'm sure we'll see a rematch sooner rather than later. The whole event was really good except for Jury v Ricci.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i scored it

10-9 gus

10-9 jones

10-9 gus

10-9 jones

10-9 jones

I had it pretty much like this here. Tendency to a draw in 2 of Jones' rounds. Still whole fight scoring, Jones or draw, but not Gus, without any sort of champion bonus, gotta be honest, personal style preferences aside. WHAT A FIGHT!

IF Gus wants ton do it again right away (i could imagine heart says yes, but head and his camp no for good reason), they have to make it, while i am not high at all on Glover at all, i think i can say in a neutral/sober way, noone would care about that one. Man, that was good.