Bjj vs Bjj help

aveiro17

Hi

In my next fight i meet a brownbelt who had won 4 matches on sub, like me and he got tko'd once, i havent lost yet. But im only purple, but i have exceptional strength, can i dominate him with that? or what to do. My slider is normally full in aggresive/finish top/bottom, and in the for sub/adv.position for top/bottom. Should i counter more and wait or should i try to sub him out? Right now im training only transitions, and bjj 3 times. the fight date 2013-10-13
:)

Your wrestling is better so I'd train takedown defense & escapes. I always try & mix in physical training as well so you should incorporate that. You should definitely try and keep it standing as you'll have a better shot that way. If it goes to the ground, play defense. He's an aggressive fighter so I'd say play defense all around.

Your opponent don't have striking defence or his level of this secondary is really low. Train punches and takedown def instead of ground training. Keep the fight standing and punch him in the face. If your fighter's clinchwork is at decent level you can always clinch, like Widing suggested.

Good luck,

Bragi~

I would edit your skills out of your last post. You're current/future opponents will refer back to this thread & figure out how to beat you. Trust me, we can help you without seeing all your skills.

I have respectable clinchwork is it okay?

I would say that you might have a little advantage. Your opponent likes to clinch up and try to do a takedown from clinch. But in this fight he wasn't so successful in clinch.

If your punches secondary is at decent level, in this situation medicore and higher would be good enough (the higher the better of course), if I were you I would strike with him and set some % to "try to clinch". Your opponent's striking defence, was in his previous fight (he might train it, but I'm doubtful about it) very little, useless/woeful cause he took all of the punches on his face.

Bragi~

Your opponent don't have striking defence or his level of this secondary is really low. Train punches and takedown def instead of ground training. Keep the fight standing and punch him in the face. If your fighter's clinchwork is at decent level you can always clinch, like Widing suggested.

Good luck,

Bragi~

this is what i was thinking,id look for an advantage elsewhere... maybe i aint that bad after all lol

Congratulations! Btw. next time set "Knockdown follow" to 0. When I was running an org, one guy totaly dominated the second one (the second one was a grappler) but he had 0.5 to KO follow and after next KO (the first one KO'ed/rocked 2nd fighter a few times) his fighter went to ground and got subed by 2nd fighter.

Bragi~

Well, that diference is really big. Your opponent is better in all areas, had more training time than your fighter (big difference). I think that your fighter would be anihilated if such fight would happened. Personally I can recommend you to change org to an org with ID restriction.

Bragi~

• Upvote 1

+1

Remember this is a management game, use that aspect with your fighters. I have had fight offers given to me because my guy was the champ, meaning that he fought guys either a little bit below, equal, or a little bit above his overall skill level. But when I was given a "Project Monster" to fight and told that he was the champ he should fight anyone well that's just plan bad management and horrible match making. YOU CAN ALWAYS decline a fight, just tell the match maker or org owner why! If you guys is young in the game try to find ID restricted orgs. Makes no dam sense to have a young fighter who has won a few fights get thrown to the wolves and fight a much more experienced guy!