who else has a stable full of old fighters?

Face Kicker

i did actually start over from scratch. it's the best thing...very fresh, lots of pops and mystery wondering if they'll be good or not. it's exactly what i needed.

then i got a couple of my old guys back, workin on one more currently, and that's cool too cuz now i have a decent mix of young and old.

btw, for anyone wit too many old timers, and wanna give them one last hurrah: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38262

• Upvote 2

I've always had a mix of fighters - a few old, a few primes, a few up and comers and some that are training away waiting to debut.

List management - much like any professional sporting team.. You want to stagger the retirments so you don't bottom out.

I think this is the best approach. Stagger the retirements. Obviously if you have a winner which 35-36, it does not make sense just getting rid of him. If he can still win the big fights, then hold on.

I created a slightly diffrerent strategy. I created 5 fighters, then when they hit 19, i made a new batch of 5, then 5 more and so on. Slowly i got rid of guys which lacked something, so now i have 2 or 3 24y olds going down to 17y olds.

I assume you are talking about Brian Lobe. If i was you i would get rid of him. 39y, p4p 9000 and his skills are depreciating. Personally i would not get rid of a guy ranked inside the top 2000 or 2500 p4p. Once he drops out of there and his skills are going backwards, i would say he is out of the "top orgs" range, so probably i would get rid of him.

I assume you are talking about Brian Lobe. If i was you i would get rid of him. 39y

So you do get the occasional guy which can perform at the top level even that later

As this fighter, age 39, http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=29365; to KO Marciano after 3 rounds of losing is quite an accomplishment. We could have Randy Couture here :D

I assume you are talking about Brian Lobe. If i was you i would get rid of him. 39y, p4p 9000 and his skills are depreciating. Personally i would not get rid of a guy ranked inside the top 2000 or 2500 p4p. Once he drops out of there and his skills are going backwards, i would say he is out of the "top orgs" range, so probably i would get rid of him.

or u could just take him out of the "top orgs" and fight him in some nice mid-tier org while letting certain skills drop and still maintain others...then finally succumbing to father time, u could either go low level, or specialty or send him to the bahamas.

just another scenario that apparently is frowned upon but very realistic. not all fighters are world beaters.

or u could just take him out of the "top orgs" and fight him in some nice mid-tier org while letting certain skills drop and still maintain others...then finally succumbing to father time, u could either go low level, or specialty or send him to the bahamas.

just another scenario that apparently is frowned upon but very realistic. not all fighters are world beaters.

I am not saying that is not an option, some people go down that road i know. Personally if i cannot see him bouncing back to a respectable level i just let him go. That said, i have never had 35y old fighters. My first batch i released before they hit 28y old. It was back in the day i wanted to focus more on just GAMMA. Some of them went to to top 100 p4p which is nice to see. My new batch is up to 24y old now, so i will see. I could end up doing what you said, and role play them. One thing is certain, the older a fighter gets the more you "understand him". Everyone wants the KO machine which kills the other guy within 7 seconds, but as your fighter gets older you find out he lacks something and you have to adjust your strategy. Sometimes it does suck though that the guy you wanted to be a HW Kick Boxer should actually be a MW ground technician, but he is too tall or his skills were set wrong.

Yeah its more of a how long can he fight kind of thing

Most of my guys over 32 went in the shitter real quick skills wise, so I've been cutting a lot lately. I know I had bad injury hiddens for them, but I must have also got bad degrade age rolls as well. Reilly and McDermot in particular really fell apart in a manner of months, once that age/injury degradation starts it is impossible to keep up with. I have two fighters who have yet to fall apart over 32 and one of them is my oldest who has also had the most fights of any of my guys.

I am not saying that is not an option, some people go down that road i know. Personally if i cannot see him bouncing back to a respectable level i just let him go. That said, i have never had 35y old fighters. My first batch i released before they hit 28y old. It was back in the day i wanted to focus more on just GAMMA. Some of them went to to top 100 p4p which is nice to see. My new batch is up to 24y old now, so i will see. I could end up doing what you said, and role play them. One thing is certain, the older a fighter gets the more you "understand him". Everyone wants the KO machine which kills the other guy within 7 seconds, but as your fighter gets older you find out he lacks something and you have to adjust your strategy. Sometimes it does suck though that the guy you wanted to be a HW Kick Boxer should actually be a MW ground technician, but he is too tall or his skills were set wrong.

yessss! that is something a noob should see. honestly, that is something a lot of managers should see haha. no one has said it better imo.

the last part def does suck also, but we all run the risk of a poor decision here, bad decision there i guess.

• Upvote 1

Most of my guys over 32 went in the shitter real quick skills wise, so I've been cutting a lot lately. I know I had bad injury hiddens for them, but I must have also got bad degrade age rolls as well. Reilly and McDermot in particular really fell apart in a manner of months, once that age/injury degradation starts it is impossible to keep up with. I have two fighters who have yet to fall apart over 32 and one of them is my oldest who has also had the most fights of any of my guys.

I think the game should have a random roll for when the degradation should start. Injuries should be a factor, but not the only one

I think the game should have a random roll for when the degradation should start. Injuries should be a factor, but not the only one

Pretty sure there is a random roll for degradation age. There definitely hasnt been a consistent age for when my older guys have fallen apart except that it is over 32. So i think 32 might be the earliest age it can happen, i.e. the worst roll possible.

Pretty sure there is a random roll for degradation age. There definitely hasnt been a consistent age for when my older guys have fallen apart except that it is over 32. So i think 32 might be the earliest age it can happen, i.e. the worst roll possible.

My guy Orange started giving me fits when he turned 32. You may be right.