Football Manager 2014

markyosullivan

Beta now available for anyone who has pre-ordered it. Just about to start my first game. Anyone else on here a fan of the Football Manager series?

Ive been playing since Championship Manager 01/02

The first team I played with was Inter, my best friend and me played together, he managed Juventus, we met in a Champions League Final think it was the 2nd season and of course I won :winner: the prestige in this game was enormous, I was so happy I got nosebleed

I will not play the Beta, I will wait for the real game ...

What team are you playing with? Shamrock Rovers?

• Upvote 1

Ive been playing since Championship Manager 01/02

The first team I played with was Inter, my best friend and me played together, he managed Juventus, we met in a Champions League Final think it was the 2nd season and of course I won :winner: the prestige in this game was enormous, I was so happy I got nosebleed

I will not play the Beta, I will wait for the real game ...

What team are you playing with? Shamrock Rovers?

You get nosebleeds when you're happy?

Nope, started unemployed and waiting until I find a small club which will accept my application :) Was tempted to start with Larne who were the only Northern Ireland team without a manager.

Is the beta any good? Need to download it when I get home

It's basically an early version of the game though it usually has bugs. These bugs are usually fixed so if you don't want to be annoyed by bugs you could just wait until 2 weeks time. When I'm talking about bugs it's minor bugs so it doesn't really affect the gameplay that much thankfully :)

• 4 weeks later...

i played Championship Manager 99/00 with 2 other friends non stop for about 3 years. we only stopped because our league in Italy crashed after 30+ seasons. i haven't played any versions since as that one was so addictive but i have recently been contemplating getting a new version, any suggestions?

Get it, you will probably enjoy it a lot

• Upvote 1

I started playing in the early days on the commodore amiga with 93 and also Italia. I was still in school and it was the game everyone was playing. Through the 90s and early 00s it got better and better but then I started losing interest in it. Not sure if it may be down to having "too many" things to do compared to the way it used to be or maybe I just don't have that same amount of time I had when I was younger. Strangely, I started losing my way with it about 10 years ago and my oldest kid will be 10 next month..........

Im still playing FM13 got back into it there a few weeks ago, Il wait for the price of 14 to drop somewhat before i pick it up. what you make of it?? Think they had too much bullshit in last years game

I think it's great, was a fan of FM13 but I think they've improved it even more. There's a Classic mode where you don't have to spend your time doing half the stuff you would do in the normal game mode.