Tycoon's official chess thread

igorbyhenikov

What do you suggest?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Time limit:

• a - 5 minutes per player per game(no easy cheating possible, still plenty available but not that easy anymore)
    • b - 20 minutes per player per game
    • c - 1 day per move(this becomes advanced chess, where one studies the position with whatever help you can get)
    • Other (i write my own suggestion)

The best way, in my opinion is, to make tourney bracets and give one week for first matches. That one week would allow everybody to play their matches, cause all of the participans live in different time zone. Also, let's play in Greenwich time instead of Amuricas.

Oponents finds good hours by themselves to play a match, winner is being moved to another round, easy. We shouldn't allow longer period of time than 20 minutes for a match.

Bragi~

So will it be just one single game to determine the rounds winner?!? Or will it be more of a best of five games or whatnot?!?

Win-one point

Draw-half point

Loss-no points

Higher score after three or five games?!?

That way we truly see who is better each round. Instead of one mistKe and you're out of tourney.

Just an idea!

Although I'm fine with the one game per round as well. Either way I am looking forward to playing.

I have 2 more time controls to suggest:

5 min plus 5 sec for move (5/5) this time is still a lock for cheats with the pc but is not so easy to lost for time.

10 min Just in the middle of 5 min (too fast for a good game) or 20 min (is more easy to cheat).

And I think it would be good to have matches of 4 games. 1 or 2 games is not enjoyable enough and not so fair.

I have 2 more time controls to suggest:

5 min plus 5 sec for move (5/5) this time is still a lock for cheats with the pc but is not so easy to lost for time.

10 min Just in the middle of 5 min (too fast for a good game) or 20 min (is more easy to cheat).

And I think it would be good to have matches of 4 games. 1 or 2 games is not enjoyable enough and not so fair.

You are little late. We already started the tournament :D

Tycoon World Chess Championships (Official Thread)