"The Protector" Artur Rubio

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/35/35w24.jpg

Born in Florence, Italy, Artur Rubio grew up in a wealthy household. Son of George & Nicole Rubio & the youngest of 5, Artur spent much of his time in his studies, learning to speak fluent English. His father, George, was an architect, well known in Italy for designing large chapels & buildings. On the inside, life for Artur seemed normal; his family had a nice home, were very well respected & loved – he was very fortunate to have what most children his age could only dream of. However, on the outside, things were very different. Even though the family was very well off financially, they owed a lot of debt….

“One rainy night, 3 men in a dark suit knocked on our door & demanded my father pay up or else… I was young & had no idea what was going on. My father refused & threatened to call the police, but those men weren’t phased by the threat.”

“Go ahead & call…” one of the men murmured. “We have all the power in this town.” You could see the sudden fear on my father’s face as he hesitated to pick up the phone. I remember him telling all of us to go to our rooms & hide. My siblings ran off but I stayed behind peeking around the corner of the stairs. My father made a sudden grab for the phone & at the same time, that man pointed his gun by my father’s temple & made one last attempt at collecting his money. George stood stone cold like a statue and stared the man in his face. My father, never one to give up without a fight, rushed one of the men & reached for a gun. All I remember was a loud BANG & blood splatter against the wall. I saw my father’s lifeless body lying there, eyes open, hand on chest…He died instantly. One of the men turned toward me & stared deep into my eyes with a short smile on his face. Soon after, I blacked out.”

15 years later, Artur took up a job under the police force. He had bounced around from job to job but found his niche in protecting people. I guess deep down he felt it was his way of coping with the pain of his father’s death. A weapons expert, Artur had been involved in many successful busts & has taken down many of Italy’s toughest criminals & drug gangs. Artur’s career was on the right track until he was handed a tough case where a man had a gun held to a woman’s head & threatened to kill her. Artur had dealt with situations like this before but this one was different. He knew this individual well; he was a member of The Black Widows gang from the East side of town. He had had several run-ins with those men before but nothing like this. It was a tense few minutes as Artur drew his gun at the man & focused on his target. Without warning the man fired his gun & shot the woman in the head. Almost instantaneously, Artur fired his weapon at the man’s chest & down he went. The woman died at the scene, similar to the way his father was killed 15 years earlier. The man, although wounded, fled the scene & ran behind an alley. Cops pursued him & arrested the man 3 blocks away near a dumpster. Artur was heartbroken & shaken by what had just happened & was forced to relive that terrible memory of his father.

Later on that night, Artur was consumed with grief & went out to a nearby pub to hopefully take his mind off the pain. After some drinks, he spotted a few members of The Black Widow & in his drunken state approached the men. He got in their face & angrily proclaimed, “Because of you, there’s an innocent woman DEAD!” One of the men proceeded to push him to the floor. In retaliation he stood up & in seconds a fight had ensued. Artur took those men on 1 by 1 & beat them quite handedly. They were beaten but had enough gas in the tank to run off in shame. Artur went back to the bar & called for another beer. The bartender refused because of his severely drunken status. Artur soon passed out…

As the story goes, The Black Widows were disgusted after what happened to their men at the bar & decided to use one those men as an example (When gangs decide to use one of their own as an example, the consequences can be really bad, sometimes fatal). In this case, all the members got their licks in & the DON finished him off.

3 days later, Police came to Artur’s apartment, arrested him & charged him with murder. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison….

6 months into his sentence, Artur was released. When he asked who released him, The warden couldn’t give him a name. “He didn’t give me a name; he just mentioned “The Outfit” or something. Anyway, you’re a free man now. I hope to never see you here again; you look like a good kid. Now get outa here & build yourself a new life.”

When Artur left the precinct, waiting outside for him was a 1956 Rolls Royce Limo. Artur had never seen such a beautiful machine. The window came down half-way & a hand elegantly signaled Artur to the vehicle. The door opened and Artur stepped in. It was dark, & there were 4 other men inside. One man spoke. “Artur Rubio…I’m sorry about what happened to you. You don’t know me but I know you. For now, just call me Mr. Gonzaitev, you’ll get to know myself & the others later. By the way, I took care of your little prison situation. You can thank me later. So listen, I think we can help each other out. You’re going to need my help & I’m going to need your skills….your fighting skills. Let me explain….”

• Upvote 3