Body shot KO/knockdown

igorbyhenikov

Okay i am 98 % sure that people have discussed about this, but i don't care.

Many times we have seen that after body kick or punch "Fighter x looks tired" and after that he becomes a punching bag and it's only matter of time when the fight ends.

So WHY we don't have body shot KO's/knockdowns in those situations? It would be much cooler than "looks tired". Ofcourse it wouldn't replace the "looks tired", but in rare occasions the body shot is so devastating that fighter has to go down.

• Upvote 7

It would be cool but you don't see very many fights at all ending by a single body shot. They get winded and slow down just like in the game.

agreed, but you do see quite some knowdowns due to body and leg shots

• Downvote 1

agreed, but you do see quite some knowdowns due to body and leg shots

Yeah. It would be cool if body shot KO's are as rare as Slam KO's, but you can clearly hurt your opponent with body shots, like they have to go down like Vitor did against Jon Jones after Jones kicked him to the body. And also something like "Oh, he's hurt! He's hurt! (Joe Rogan style) and backing down, what a devastating shot to the body" and maybe "He's rocked" in to that situation.

Anthony Pettis just finished Cerrone with body shots. I think they are not as rare as people think. Especially knockdowns.

edit. Or maybe instead of "He's rocked" there would be "He's hurt!" with same font because his head is clear but body hurts like hell.

Edited by vladimirputin

Couldn't this just be done through the KO commentary? (Mike would need to confirm)

It sometimes IS done through KO commentary as flavour text from a combo landing from memory, in the same way KO commentary flavour text can give a "Flying Knee" KO for a head kick or "Spinning back fist" KO for a combo (or is it a punch). Changing it so an actual body punch as set by your sliders would be more difficult though.

• Upvote 1

Thiago Alves tapped to strikes a few weeks ago because he got kneed so hard in the liver...dropped to the ground and started tapping with both hands...awesome stuff.

That was talked a few times, would be awesome addition - I'm 100% sure you can rock someone with body kick, one of my alliance mate did that in the fight, so if you can rock someone with body kick - you should be allowed to finish them that way.

It would be cool but you don't see very many fights at all ending by a single body shot. They get winded and slow down just like in the game.

Most of the time someone goes down to that, he has taken lots of punishment in that area. If someone took 20 knees in the clinch, a hard body punch might drop him later on.

Same with leg kicks, one won't do the trick, but kicking, kneeing the same spot over and over and over will just destroy the leg.

Maybe in the future smart fighters may be able to score extra damage by targeting the same area? Although this might be too much work.