BEEF Montreal Smack Talk Thread

Scooby

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/22/22w22.jpg

Tom Quin

My manager has been more vocal than me lately so I think it's about time to let my voice be heard again. I may have hit a bump in the road but I'm still in it to win it.

@Hercules Brodin: I hope you're ready for me buddy cause this won't even be a fight, this will be a massacre! I'm going to beat you into retirement.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/22/22w22.jpg

Tom Quin

My manager has been more vocal than me lately so I think it's about time to let my voice be heard again. I may have hit a bump in the road but I'm still in it to win it.

@Hercules Brodin: I hope you're ready for me buddy cause this won't even be a fight, this will be a massacre! I'm going to beat you into retirement.

lookin forward to see this fight !

Welcome everyone to the 101st session of MMA Canada podcast. I'm your host Jeremy and for the first part of the show with me will be Taprishi Ftyren, fighter in the BEEF organisation in Montreal.

Jeremy: So, you're only twenty-five, you've got a long career ahead, what are your expectations and wishes for the rest of it?

Ftyren: Well, funny you say that. I've recently spoken to my manager and family, and I'm not supposed to say this, but I may be retiring in my second loss as a professional. I was badly concussed in the Alm fight, where I had just fought two days before that. I was injured and had very low energy going into that fight, thus resulting in my loss. I've kept it professional after since, but I've been feeling the damage. My manager and I have decided that I will be fighting Telesphoros Bullens in 10 days, hopefully will finish him which will rise me up further in the top 10. After that, knowing that Burns will be facing Miyagi, which I have to mention that it is a total mismatch, guy is coming off a loss....anyway, after that, knowing that Burns will easily beat Miyagi, I assume that the winner of Lang vs Chance will have a next shot at the title. While those fights are happening, I'd like a #1 contender fight with either Gator Bait, who is 6-0-0, or Dante Silva. While I'd rather prefer the second matchup, I am not bothered by either of those fights. If all goes well, I will win the fight versus Bullens, I'll go on to beat either Bait or Silva, and thus solidify my position as the #1 contender and then face for the title. I will not retire until I lose again, and that is a promise.

Welcome everyone to the 101st session of MMA Canada podcast. I'm your host Jeremy and for the first part of the show with me will be Taprishi Ftyren, fighter in the BEEF organisation in Montreal.

Jeremy: So, you're only twenty-five, you've got a long career ahead, what are your expectations and wishes for the rest of it?

Ftyren: Well, funny you say that. I've recently spoken to my manager and family, and I'm not supposed to say this, but I may be retiring in my second loss as a professional. I was badly concussed in the Alm fight, where I had just fought two days before that. I was injured and had very low energy going into that fight, thus resulting in my loss. I've kept it professional after since, but I've been feeling the damage. My manager and I have decided that I will be fighting Telesphoros Bullens in 10 days, hopefully will finish him which will rise me up further in the top 10. After that, knowing that Burns will be facing Miyagi, which I have to mention that it is a total mismatch, guy is coming off a loss....anyway, after that, knowing that Burns will easily beat Miyagi, I assume that the winner of Lang vs Chance will have a next shot at the title. While those fights are happening, I'd like a #1 contender fight with either Gator Bait, who is 6-0-0, or Dante Silva. While I'd rather prefer the second matchup, I am not bothered by either of those fights. If all goes well, I will win the fight versus Bullens, I'll go on to beat either Bait or Silva, and thus solidify my position as the #1 contender and then face for the title. I will not retire until I lose again, and that is a promise.

Gary Gravity is the next in line btw, he beat Miyagi last and was robbed of having the chance to beat Derek on the 30th. Gator Bait and Dante Silva couldn't beat Gary Gravity if they both fought Gary at the same time. So take a number and get in line bro...Gary's at the front ;)

• Upvote 2

Gravity earned another shot,rightfully so he will have a shot at Burns,I am always looking for fair fights and Ftyren vs Burns is not fair neither is it the direction BEEF wants to go in, I pride myself and the org by not fixing fights and later on down the line, after Ftyren retired and if Burns maintained a few more wins, that would certainly stick out as a can and seem to be fight fixing. i cannot go down that path.

As for your bet with Beastside, i know this would simply not happen, but i, in all honesty would rather you make a bet with a ridiculous amount of fights in BEEF rather than that of retirement talks, if Beastside wins, Fytren has to fight 6 more fights without rejecting offers if he loses... Its not like racing for pinks when you already dont want your fighter,Beastside wouldnt retire a good fighter on a bet like this, nobody would.

I will look into the ratings thing, i am currently pretty busy with our 2 tournaments and promises i have given

Gravity earned another shot,rightfully so he will have a shot at Burns,I am always looking for fair fights and Ftyren vs Burns is not fair neither is it the direction BEEF wants to go in, I pride myself and the org by not fixing fights and later on down the line, after Ftyren retired and if Burns maintained a few more wins, that would certainly stick out as a can and seem to be fight fixing. i cannot go down that path.

As for your bet with Beastside, i know this would simply not happen, but i, in all honesty would rather you make a bet with a ridiculous amount of fights in BEEF rather than that of retirement talks, if Beastside wins, Fytren has to fight 6 more fights without rejecting offers if he loses... Its not like racing for pinks when you already dont want your fighter,Beastside wouldnt retire a good fighter on a bet like this, nobody would.

I will look into the ratings thing, i am currently pretty busy with our 2 tournaments and promises i have given

Ftyren:

I don't care about your down-the-line strategy, you should've lost credibility when you gave Miyagi a title shot coming off a loss to Gravity. I am currently (hype-wise) ranked 10th in the division. I will beat Bullens, shooting me up to 7th, then I will beat either Silva (6th) or Dante (5th), thus putting me in top 4. Chance, Gravity, Lang and Burns will have fought by then, leaving option for the absolute warrior Ftyren to get that title and hold it high, whomever that might be against.

There's a reason why I choose not to retire until I lose. It's because I will not lose.

(Just hyping a fight, no need to get all serio here)

• Upvote 1

Ftyren:

I don't care about your down-the-line strategy, you should've lost credibility when you gave Miyagi a title shot coming off a loss to Gravity. I am currently (hype-wise) ranked 10th in the division. I will beat Bullens, shooting me up to 7th, then I will beat either Silva (6th) or Dante (5th), thus putting me in top 4. Chance, Gravity, Lang and Burns will have fought by then, leaving option for the absolute warrior Ftyren to get that title and hold it high, whomever that might be against.

There's a reason why I choose not to retire until I lose. It's because I will not lose.

(Just hyping a fight, no need to get all serio here)

At the end of the day man if Ftyren somehow manages to sneak all the way up the rankings like that then good on him but he's a fair way off calling fights like that atm. I just really want another shot at Derek

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/27/27w20.jpg

@JoeRisley

"@170 lbs here comes the boom! A couple of days ago I signed a contract with BEEF and I am going to take the belt and no one from you are able to stop me! I call out every @170 lbs @BEEF fighters out. If you have balls then accept my challange."

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/38/38w20.jpg

Canadian Hero:

What about little 146 lb guys, are you willing to fight them too? :D