Fight Offers

igorbyhenikov

I am retard and i don't know how to use search tool, so i make (another) topic about this problem.

Why managers are allowed to stall the fight offer? I have title fight coming up in 10 days and my opponent has stalled accepting/declining the fight for 15 days now. He has logged in several times after the offer, i sent him PM if he's accepting the offer but no answer. I think that this is clear situation where he shouldn't be allowed to change his tactics, training and stuff before he answers to the fight offer.

This is not fair to the guy who has accepted the offer.

I remember that AJ Nex wrote good improvement idea considering this problem.

Any thoughts how this would be dealed so it's not possible to "avoid" the fight simply by stalling the offer.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Yes this is certainly annoying, I actually caused my first ever no contest because of this issue a little while back, my first and only in over 650 fights.

The bout was set 20-30 days in advance which I accepted immediately. I regularly checked whether the fight had been confirmed and tried contacting the org owner but due to language barriers I never got a clear response, I assumed he had declined the fight, since it never tells the opposing manager when someone does.

Anyway turns out he accepted the fight a few hours before it was due to take place, I hadn't flown to Rio, and it caused a no contest. Never got an auto flight as he obviously accepted after the last auto flight would have kicked in.

Ironically I got matched up against him again a month or so later, it went down almost the same way. I accepted and my opponent never did despite having the offer again for 20-30 days. Anyway to avoid a repeat performance I flew to Rio anyway and this time out he never accepted the fight and it didn't take place, I wasted my time and money flying to Rio and just had to fly back.

• Upvote 2

That guy had to be an idiot but yes i think we need some kind of rule to stop this from happening,it hurts the fighters training as well as the org manager, i couldve changed a fight last week rather than have the fight cancelled because i had 2 fighters agree by pm to step in, and the fighter training agreed while waiting for the guy to accept, i pm'd the manager and offered to cover flight fees and he accepted right before the fight and missed a flight to get there go figure.

Agreed. I accept most of fight offers almost immidieatly (unless I'm on my phone and I don't have access to a computer) and when my opponent is stalling with a fight offer that's piss me off. If such bastard want to accept a fight offer what's the fucking point of waiting with accepting it? I don't get it, it makes you looks like a douchebag.

It would be great is there would be a penalty for stalling...

Bragi~

Here's what could work :

Fine $20 from the fighter after 48hrs, and double that fine every day.

As the days pass, it could quickly become a huge loss (20,40,80,160,320,640,1280....)

The money would go to the org (or a lottery?) If the fighter doens't have enough money, just take it from the manager's account... or his business.

OR if the manager is active and doesn't reply after 5 days, he's forced to pay the opponent's show money. (edit: but this could be exploited, so maybe not a good idea)

Obviously This wouldn't apply to inactive manager : whow would stop logging in and taking care of his 10 fighters just to stall 1 fight offer?

Easy.

you log in, you have fight offers. You ignore them. You log in again another time, still fight offers, you ignore them.

From the 2nd login, your fighters do not train until you either accept or decline. The fight date comes and there is no answer to the fight offer? The fighter loses 100% morale for being a fucking pussy.

• Upvote 5

Easy.

you log in, you have fight offers. You ignore them. You log in again another time, still fight offers, you ignore them.

From the 2nd login, your fighters do not train until you either accept or decline. The fight date comes and there is no answer to the fight offer? The fighter loses 100% morale for being a fucking pussy.

replace morale by energy.

I will arrange cards 3 weeks in advance. I will check each card twice a week to see if a) any declines need changing, B) any of the inactive managers have gone from the 'white' block to the 'yellow'.

I'll leave it 2 weeks unless I have reason to believe otherwise (by then it will almost always go 'yellow' clock) and then I'll change the matchups. It works alright for me but occasionally you get caught short handed. That's where the org manager's own fighters come into it, and that's how your record gets killed :P

Sometimes I wait a while before getting back to the org owner because I want to see if my fighter makes good progress in training.

My fighter could be matched up against someone who I think my fighter could beat, providing he improves skill X and skill Y before the fight takes place and so I want to see if he will make good progress before accepting it.

By declining the fight straight away, your potential opponent can be matched up with someone else and then your fighter could end up being matched up against a fighter who he doesn't have as good a chance to beat.

Easy.

I like this idea.

Easy.

I agree love this especially the fucking pussy part!

Easy.

This is a great solution! Lets make this happen!