org advertising and production

Silva22

It's because managers expect me to pay a lot for a 0-0-0 fighter. Of course, I have to meet their demands, because it's hard to find active fighters. But, I consider the 500/500/500 contract a good investment in the future and, hopefully, they'll consider it a good reason to be loyal.

You own an org so you would know such a thing... I sent out offers and it seems that some people are leaving me hanging. They neither decline or accept the offer, they just leave me hanging. I've seen them online after sending the offer. Do you think they're just waiting for other offers to see if they get a better one or are they just being douchebags? How long should I wait before cancelling the offer.

Also, if someone else signs the fighter, will the contract automatically decline or will I have to check every now and then to see if my 20+ pending contracts are signed to someone else?

Thats one of the weekly chores lol

Every week i send out a batch of contract offers based on the latest list of active, unsigned fighters. within 2-3 days i will get a bunch of accepts, a bunch of declines, and be left with an even bigger pile of pending contracts. I'll then leave it for about a week and i'll cancel all the offers unless there was somebody i was really keen to sign in which case i'll follow it up.

Like you have already realised, you can check trough the fighters on the pending list and find that some have signed elsewhere without declining your offer, some have never logged on since the offer, and some have logged on but choose to ignore you. All of them deserve the offer cancelled button.

I would re-do it on a regular basis. Clean out the pending offers, do an up to date search, offer to the appropriate fighters, after a few days you will have had most of the replies your gonna get, then clear it out and start again.

My first event at the Micro Arena, worked out like this:

Expenditure

Advertising spend: $4,000

Production Values : $2,000

Arena fee: $4,000

Fighter wages: $2700

Fighter bonuses: $2000

Total expenditure: $14,700

Income

Ticket Revenue: $ 15,000

Merchandise: $ 2,000

Total Income: $17,000

Profit/Loss: $2,300

This was with budget tickets, I'm trying low for my second event and keeping it at the Micro Arena.

For my next event, i am using The Under ground (1000)

I set it to High ticket price with 25k advertising, after reading all the posts on how much to spend im not sure if thats too much or not.

It is set to high with no free tickets, i would like to to be at least 900 or sold out attendance.

Is 25k advertising too much or too little or enough?

A friend who owns a successful org advised me not to make 10 fight cards early on and in truth the bonuses and base pay was a big chunk of the outgoings when i did make a 10 fight card.

You should always have ten fights. The more fights, the better the event rating can be. The better the event rating, the more hype for your fighters and your org grows. Always do 10 fights!

9,000 is the point at which you get diminishing returns for an org like yours putting on your first show with mainly 0-0 fighters. That means you get no effect after 9,000.

No, that is not what it means. It means that it diminishes after 9,000. Not that it has no effect.

For example under 9,000 dollars you get 2 more in attendance for every $ spent. Between 9,000 and 10,000 you get only 1 more in attendance for every $, between 10,000 and 11,000 only 1 for every $ 2 and so on till it doesn't have any effect at all. This is an example of how it could be, not how it is in effect.

If you know that you should realize that you should never spend less than 9,000 $ for 10 fights with fighters of 30 in hype or more. So everybody who says that spending 9,000 for your first event is too much is wrong. Adapt your the size of your arena and the prices instead.

No, that is not what it means. It means that it diminishes after 9,000. Not that it has no effect.

For example under 9,000 dollars you get 2 more in attendance for every $ spent. Between 9,000 and 10,000 you get only 1 more in attendance for every $, between 10,000 and 11,000 only 1 for every $ 2 and so on till it doesn't have any effect at all. This is an example of how it could be, not how it is in effect.

If you know that you should realize that you should never spend less than 9,000 $ for 10 fights with fighters of 30 in hype or more. So everybody who says that spending 9,000 for your first event is too much is wrong. Adapt your the size of your arena and the prices instead.

Yes your right about the diminishing returns, i did mean to say that the effect declines as opposed to stops totally.

My argument is that you cant always afford a bigger stadium and advertise for higher ticket prices on a budget, so in the smaller arenas its not necessary to spend £9,000 to sell 750 low price tickets. But im not opening that can of worms again with you steeve, we shall agree to disagree.....i think we got our wires a bit crossed last time to be honest.

Yes your right about the diminishing returns, i did mean to say that the effect declines as opposed to stops totally.

My argument is that you cant always afford a bigger stadium and advertise for higher ticket prices on a budget, so in the smaller arenas its not necessary to spend £9,000 to sell 750 low price tickets. But im not opening that can of worms again with you steeve, we shall agree to disagree.....i think we got our wires a bit crossed last time to be honest.

Sorry NoX81, I don't mean to offend you. It's not a matter of opinion though. 2+2 is 4 no matter how you turn it.

That's right, I agree on that... but I see it the other way around. It's necessary to spend 9000 on advertising, but than it's useless to sell at low ticket prices. But I agree, if there's no way for you to explain me how I am wrong or there is no way for me to explain how you are wrong than there is no reason to start over.

I'm glad that we are on the same line about the diminishing returns though.

I have a question about these advertising and production costs, at what point are they taken from your account?

I know the arena booking fee comes straight out but at which point are these figures take? after the event?

I have a question about these advertising and production costs, at what point are they taken from your account?

I know the arena booking fee comes straight out but at which point are these figures take? after the event?

It's calculated after yes, and done when you receive the revenue.

So you don't need to have enough for advertising before hand as long as your revenue covers it.

It's calculated after yes, and done when you receive the revenue.

So you don't need to have enough for advertising before hand as long as your revenue covers it.

Thanks for the info pal.