Stu_Pidasol

Talk about grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory, I have to wonder what on earth possessed Cook to have Stokes bowl 3 of the last 6 overs when Bopara had overs left -- I suppose he was thinking wicket, but Bopara brings so many changes in pace that to what was essentially a pinch hitter he'd make more sense, especially given Stokes had to bowl a pretty damn long spell to bowl out.

Faulkner did the impossible the other day, very impressive. English team was clearly feeling pretty low before last nights match and another whitewash would probably occur except we're resting Clarke/Haddin/Warner/Johnson for last two matches I think.

Faulkner did the impossible the other day, very impressive. English team was clearly feeling pretty low before last nights match and another whitewash would probably occur except we're resting Clarke/Haddin/Warner/Johnson for last two matches I think.

Fairly sure Clarke is slated to play in Adelaide, likely the same for the others.

Since when do you rest your keeper unless he is up for imminent retirement or has a twinge?

Given Haddins age, playing him in a dead rubber that nobody cares about with a test tour for world #1 ranking coming up in a few weeks seems like a bit of a gamble to me -- especially given Paine or Wade will be keeping in the T20 games and can presumably manage a couple of ODIs. This said, Haddin is pretty rarely injured and perhaps he needs the games to stay match fit.

Stokes to Faulkner after Faulkner top edged him to Buttler "you twat". Not an England supporter but that was funny and doesn't deserve a fine.. and Faulkner is a twat, talented player but a twat none the less.

Aussies look a whole lot less capable without Doherty in the side, someone remind the selectors for the 2014-2015 world cup before it means the final is Pakistan vs South Africa or some other bollocks nobody will show up for.

David Boon is an institution, not an athlete. Although if beer drinking became an extreme sport, Boonie and Bob Hawke would be the first two inducted into the Hall of Fame.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well now that South Africa has wilted like a lettuce leaf in the Sahara, I'm starting to think the poms might not have been as crap as we thought. Oh well, India in Australia next summer will be good value if only due to the crying Indian fans, though no doubt the BCCI will try and get all the tests played in Hobart or some bollocks.

India struggles anywhere that can actually afford to maintain their wickets, especially with the Little Master retired. I can see their 5 pronged spin offensive being knocked out of the park. Australia on the other hand will echo with the sounds of:

Mitcheelllllllll

MITCHEELLLLLLL