Stu_Pidasol

Oh the Indian's out here is going to be hilarious, the BCCI will probably try and push rules through that fast bowlers can't bowl bouncers. No delivery is allowed to bounce above waist high or it will result in a warning to the bowler..

To be fair to Sth Africa - Kallis retiring has left a massive hole, mind you with the way Johnson is bowling at the moment I don't think it would matter as to was facing him. It's seriously scary stuff but great to watch.

Kallis is one of the greatest players of all time IMO, and I am a massive Saffir hater. The irony is, I am bigoted against them for being racists.

I think Kallis would basically have been the Petersen (more irony!) of South Africa, he would have played some good cricket but it wouldn't have been enough. Although his bowling will probably be missed more so.

Re: India, it isn't going to matter what happens they will whinge and cry and bitch about how it is unfair and we're so mean to them and it is racist that we bowled them out for less than 100.

Kallis is one of the greatest players of all time IMO, and I am a massive Saffir hater. The irony is, I am bigoted against them for being racists.

I think Kallis would basically have been the Petersen (more irony!) of South Africa, he would have played some good cricket but it wouldn't have been enough. Although his bowling will probably be missed more so.

Re: India, it isn't going to matter what happens they will whinge and cry and bitch about how it is unfair and we're so mean to them and it is racist that we bowled them out for less than 100.

Australian 2nd innings shows everything that is wrong with our cricket at the moment.. Cruising at 4 an over and 0/120 yet bowled out for 216.. Pretty weak.. I went to bed after the Warner dismissal so can't comment on how well the saffas bowled.. The spinners were turning it quite a bit but the quicks didn't seem to be doing much, but they did the damage in the end (did it start reserving round quite a bit?)

Marsh for such a talent he is just so bloody inconsistent.. a pair after making 148 and 48 is simply not good enough.. Rogers obviously saved his position with his 100 and with Lehman saying he wants Watson in next test you can only assume that Marsh will be dropped and has probably used his last chance.. Kinda of funny really cause I'm pretty sure it was Sth Africa that ended his test career last time..

Teams to hate for being racists: India. IMO.

Australian 2nd innings shows everything that is wrong with our cricket at the moment.. Cruising at 4 an over and 0/120 yet bowled out for 216.. Pretty weak.. I went to bed after the Warner dismissal so can't comment on how well the saffas bowled.. The spinners were turning it quite a bit but the quicks didn't seem to be doing much, but they did the damage in the end (did it start reserving round quite a bit?)

Steyn did one of his four over spells that totally changes a game. Bottom line is he was the only quick bowler getting any bounce out of the pitch and he was getting the ball to reverse.

Mate, I have no beef with Marsh but Watson IS (IMO) the best cricketer in the world. When he feels like/is in form. Which (before you pricks neg me) is a MASSIVE when. He never is in form, he never feels like it, he's always injured. He is the bloke with the greatest potential and no fucking consistent substance. Also, Boof is the man, if he says Watson, bring on Watson.

I don't think the current test reflects. For the last... since Hayden retired? We've lacked batting depth and consistency, especially consistency. But we ALSO lacked real bowlers and bowling consistency. Now we have real bowlers and bowling consistency and we may be bowled out for 250, but we need to have faith (Aussies anyway) that the opposition get bowled out for less than that.

There are lots of problems with Watson beyond form, desire, and injury. His technique is sloppy, and he's slow between wickets which can lead to people batting with him not being able to make runs.

If the Aussies need an extra seamer, might as well play Bird over Watson if Harris is fit enough to play, at least Bird will bowl 40 overs before getting injured.

I agree about Watson's talent or potential talent - just not at test level. I've always been a massive fan but he does this play a couple of tests breakdown, play another couple of tests break down he is stunting the development of a potential player. When fit and batting and bowling he is our most valuable player. So the finding of a potential test replacement would be near on impossible with the current crop of players... Mitch Marsh??

Watson's bowling was sorely missed on that type of pitch last test.. I like Bird but that gives you 4 quicks, 1 spinner, Hadden and 5 bats, which is too light on batsman wise.

As for one dayers and 20/20 - Watson should be our first picked

Watson's bowling was sorely missed on that type of pitch last test.. I like Bird but that gives you 4 quicks, 1 spinner, Hadden and 5 bats, which is too light on batsman wise.

You may be right, but the alternatives are pretty horrible. Still not quite sure what the selectors were thinking when they selected a squad with 2 quicks who haven't even played first class since mid last year (to go with two other injury prone seamers) -- and Henriques inclusion in the test squad hurts my head too (I know Hilfenhaus isn't in the best form, but at least he is of international standard on his day and doesn't break down constantly). Given Harris seems to be struggling injuries wise, I'd think a team with him and Watson in it would be asking for trouble personally. Then again, Harris might do what he did in Sydney and get pretty much all the good players on the other team out in one innings or the other.

Massive effort by Harris from all reports and what a finish to the game.. Yes it's easy to get carried away with the series win considering every test of this series Sth Africa had a bowler injured/breakdown but at the end of the day you still have to make enough runs and take 20 wickets.

I'm certainly loving the intensity the Aussies are showing, get up Du Plise for picking up the ball, then barking at him when he went out was a classic.

Good to see Patterson doing well - it may very well be curtain closed for Siddle with the fast bowling stocks we have waiting in the wings.

Siddle just needs a bit of a rest I suspect -- he has been the only constant in a bowling attack where everyone else has either lost their form or gotten injured for about 3 years, unsurprisingly he's down on pace at the end of a long summer season.

Agreed - although I think for as good as he has been we do have better options waiting in the wings ala Bird, Cummings, Starc and co. who actually bring more to the table. Bird realistically could play the role Siddle plays. But I suppose as you say the injury clouds over all of them is the doubt

Agreed - although I think for as good as he has been we do have better options waiting in the wings ala Bird, Cummings, Starc and co. who actually bring more to the table. Bird realistically could play the role Siddle plays. But I suppose as you say the injury clouds over all of them is the doubt

Of those three the only proven one is Bird. Starc is not a good long form bowler at this point (he's an awesome ODI bowler though), Cummins has been mediocre since his injury.

• 1 year later...