yes, i noticed the question mark. i also read your first post which insinuates that if he lost to weidman a 3rd time his legacy would be tainted. hence, my asking how.

also, just for the sake of clarification, silva only lost 3 of the 4 rounds, as the second round of their last fight was a draw until his leg got broken. (i'm not nuhugging silva, i'm just pointing that out)

you do realize that silva is almost 39 years old, right? losing to an undefeated 29 year old in his prime doesn't tarnish his legacy. was muhammad ali's legacy tainted by the losses at the end of his career? nope.

It's ridiculous not to take the leg break into consideration. Seemed like a knockdown to me.

Well dinooo, Anderson didn't break his leg, Weidman broke his leg. Let's try to be accurate here. If you had seen the fight you would have seen Weidman turn his left knee towards the kick in order to take the blow. It worked rather nicely don't you think? Weidman talked about the effectiveness of Silvas low leg kicks in their first fight so this was something they worked on. I agree that Silva is one of the GOATs but not THE GOAT.Not after his last two fights. Silva needs to come back and fight a someone like Bisping or Rockhold so he can go out on a win. ..

It was nothing but a freak accident. If it was as easy as just turning your knee in the right direction, we would see a lot more broken legs in combat sports.

Think about how many fights that takes place every year and how few broken legs you hear about....

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. So you think Weidman is going to be the GOAT?

You said "where the hell did this guy come from?" regarding Weidman, which means you've somehow ignored his wrestling and submission grappling background and undefeated MMA record prior to their first fight. Fun fact: Weidman was one of the guys who called Jones out because of the UFC 151 debacle.

He might, he has phenomenal wrestling, a great nose for submission grappling and obviously his striking is improving at a rapid pace. I doubt he'll be able to replicate the kind of winning streak Silva had though, seeing as there are some incredibly tough stylistic matchups (Machida, Jacare) for him at 185 right now.

It was nothing but a freak accident. If it was as easy as just turning your knee in the right direction, we would see a lot more broken legs in combat sports.

Think about how many fights that takes place every year and how few broken legs you hear about....

I wouldn't exactly call it a 'freak accident', but it isn't really the norm either. Weidman did a great job in fixing a hole in his game that Silva was abusing in their first fight (leg kick defense), and while Silva's leg snapping was unexpected I personally know how much it sucks to kick people who check kicks like that, even in controlled sparring with shinpads on.

You said "where the hell did this guy come from?" regarding Weidman, which means you've somehow ignored his wrestling and submission grappling background and undefeated MMA record prior to their first fight. Fun fact: Weidman was one of the guys who called Jones out because of the UFC 151 debacle.

He might, he has phenomenal wrestling, a great nose for submission grappling and obviously his striking is improving at a rapid pace. I doubt he'll be able to replicate the kind of winning streak Silva had though, seeing as there are some incredibly tough stylistic matchups (Machida, Jacare) for him at 185 right now.

I wouldn't exactly call it a 'freak accident', but it isn't really the norm either. Weidman did a great job in fixing a hole in his game that Silva was abusing in their first fight (leg kick defense), and while Silva's leg snapping was unexpected I personally know how much it sucks to kick people who check kicks like that, even in controlled sparring with shinpads on.

Im not saying that the fact that he managed to block the kick was a freak accident. The fact that the leg actually broke was.

The block itself isnt rocket science. I and have used it and kicked into it on several occations, and the result is usually just a big bulp on the shin.

Can someone translate in english what the OP said ?

(1) For you Anderson Silva fans who are hoping and praying for a victorious rematch with Chris Weidman, you can forget about it. YOU might be willing to risk Silva's legacy but I can assure you, (2) Silva is not. As it stands now, Weidman is ahead four rounds to none. That's right folks, Weidman dominated him all four rounds. If and when Silva attempts a come back he needs a guaranteed victory. I would suggest some one like Royce Gracie or Lyoto Machida. (3) They could have a hug-fest in the middle of the octagon and in the end they could raise Silva's arm and (4) all would be right with the world of deluded Anderson Silva nut swingers.

(1)GOAT fanatics, your dreams will not surface. (2) Silva is a pussy and should be fed cans (3) Silva has abandonment issues (4) All ye of mis-placed faith.

I suspect a certain forum virus has developed a friend!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He is really angry because very few are willing to give Weidman proper recognition for these two wins, for obvious reasons.

I think that is the case. He won cleanly in both, all rounds he was ahead, but everyone is taking away from those wins due to the clowning and the leg check injury

I don't think you can taint the legacy of one of the best of all time. I don't like Silva, and I never have. However, you can't deny what he's accomplished. He made Rich Franklin in, or at least near, his prime look like a child. He took out Dan Henderson, Nate Marquardt, Chael Sonnen, and everyone else that could lay claim as a contender in the division for 7 years. I really wish he would have fought Vitor one more time just to find out if Vitor's improvement of late was enough to raise him to Silva's level, but I suppose that fight just wasn't meant to be.

As for the discussion of Weidman, I think we need to look at what he did to Silva. He put him on his back with relative ease. He stayed in Silva's guard for significant minutes without being damaged (a place where numerous contenders started to lose ground to Silva from his vicious elbows from the bottom). He held his own striking by not getting drawn into wild rallies or getting pushed into the fence and trapped in the Muay Thai clinch. He showed enough power to knock out Silva, and no one else has even hurt Silva that I can remember. I'm not proclaiming him a GOAT candidate at 29 years old, but this is a guy with all the tools to be a TOP notch UFC/MMA fighter. His next fight against the Phenom will tell a lot about exactly how good Weidman is right now, but no matter what he has the ability to be a great one for several years to come.