Does sparring enhance both general and specific skills

Boomer

When I review the WIKI game guide I get puzzled. The guide indicates only coaching can enhance your fighters specific skill, however, I have also noticed some gains in specific skills after sparring.--"confused"

I have also noticed the game guide stated if your fighters skills is higher or equal to the coaches training skill at his specific level, you would not receive any gain. My question is: If I have an fighter that is "Remarkable" in all general skill, however, his puching skills is "Feeble" and I hire a Remarkable Coach, would my fighter progress or do I need to hire a coach at an higher level. Could sparring another Remarkable Fighter elevate my feeble specific skills?

Thanks,

I have also noticed the game guide stated if your fighters skills is higher or equal to the coaches training skill at his specific level, you would not receive any gain.

Thanks,

I've never seen that in the wiki. Please provide link.

The wiki does say, otoh, that sparring does train peripheral benefits.

On a side note, be careful with sparring. Some managers (not me) think sparring is cheating because they dont spar their guys as much as others. :rolleyes:

I have fighters that bump a level and it will show that right away but the pop might not come for a little while. I know the pop is legit because when I look at my fighter I see he's now a fair step up as I hoped, yet it may be quite some time (same date just many hours later) before it shows in the pops list.

I assume everybody gets these odd times when a pop shows itself on the list? Or is it just me?

Some show up right away and others take a while, same session, sometimes different attributes for the same fighter, and sometime just a different fighter altogether....crazy.

No big deal and no weird unfair stuff, good or bad, just random times.

I have fighters that bump a level and it will show that right away but the pop might not come for a little while. I know the pop is legit because when I look at my fighter I see he's now a fair step up as I hoped, yet it may be quite some time (same date just many hours later) before it shows in the pops list.

I assume everybody gets these odd times when a pop shows itself on the list? Or is it just me?

Some show up right away and others take a while, same session, sometimes different attributes for the same fighter, and sometime just a different fighter altogether....crazy.

No big deal and no weird unfair stuff, good or bad, just random times.

Yeah, I've had those aswell. Even just now in the Saturday PM training session. My fighter Ricardo Alma had a Submission Grappling session and it didn't show up in assistant at all, like he hadn't had one. Now, one and a half hour later, it's finally there and I see that he popped in BJJ, but I'm waiting for the pop to show up at the top of the page, might take some hours...

• 3 weeks later...

If you are a VIP, you can see a history of your pops in the Tycoon Assistant. Honestly, this feature alone makes the VIP cost worthwhile for me because it also gives you significantly more information about how your fighters are progressing toward skill pops.

pretty sure i saw mike say that the delayed pops are from checking your training during a training session. though if the training is going really fast now on the new servers then you probably won't see that happening often anymore.

There's no clear cut answer as to which helps more sparring or training, but they will both make you pop in specific skills.

right, it all depends on your partners/small gym sessions with trainers. most people see sparring as a quicker pop because they are used to shit gyms with higher numbers per class with coaches. and since sparring only relies on partner ratings, and not the amount per class, its much cheaper to produce.

IMO, sparring with good partners is great, but without individual skill training you def lack efficiency. best way is always going to be a elite gym that also has good sparring sessions. You can pop attributes like str/agil from coaches or sparring.