Is it just me

Viking

The fighters you get from a young age (16-18) and then train for months, maybe years, youre anxious about their fights, you win together, you lose together, you celebrate together.

This is a very special band between manager and the managers fighters, that no other dirty manager has put their hands on, its like your own kids almost.

I may not have the best roster in the game (yet) but I wouldnt change it for anyone elses. To see them improve and win fights, scouting their opponents carefully, setting the sliders carefully, worrying - will this do the trick?

And some fighters I will never cut no matter what. Do you guys feel the same about (some?) of your fighters? Or is it just me?

Perhaps you couldnt care less?

Or am I just crazy?

/ Castor the Emotional Viking

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

The fighters you get from a young age (16-18) and then train for months, maybe years, youre anxious about their fights, you win together, you lose together, you celebrate together.

This is a very special band between manager and the managers fighters, that no other dirty manager has put their hands on, its like your own kids almost.

I may not have the best roster in the game (yet) but I wouldnt change it for anyone elses. To see them improve and win fights, scouting their opponents carefully, setting the sliders carefully, worrying - will this do the trick?

And some fighters I will never cut no matter what. Do you guys feel the same about (some?) of your fighters? Or is it just me?

Or am I just crazy?

Amen, truer words never spoken

I havet same feelings, but everytime my favourite fighter grows older and gets some real losses and shows her weaknesses he doesent feel same anymore.

I got currently one young guy that got good hiddens as far as i know and hes training every session 1on1 at my gym. I change other fighters sessions so he can get best training as possible.

Randomly generated place of birth based on statistical probability of parental mating locality and propensity to migrate, but it's cool you still get attached to it lol.

*smug look* ;)

• Upvote 2

Or am I just crazy?

It isn't just you mate. I am exactly the same. I still have the same 10 fighters I first created when I started in November and fully intend to see out their full careers as their manager. Free agents just don't have the same appeal as someone you created and nurtured yourself lol

I remember the day I sacked my very first fighter. I made the decision to do so because frankly he sucked and I needed the space. I held on to him as a sparbot for a while but eventually you have to put personal feelings aside and do the needful. It would have been a much harder decision had Ray had some success though.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=100494

i still have 2 of my original creations

Same here, been in the game just over 2 years and I still have my second and third creations. I had to sack my first. I definitely get attached to my guys, I'm not into free agents at all. I tried out 2 or 3 FA's in the past but they didn't really work out. Now all 20 of my fighters are 100% home grown!

I still have 2 of the fighters I created when I first joined, they're 37 now. They're still pretty shit, but not shit enough for me to care enough to cut them :)

Yeah, I got one of my first fighters ever created and he's 36 now. But he's doing OK despite his crappy chin. Don't want to cut him but I will have him go become a sparbot for my gym and stop fighting, a somewhat retirement. Can't really let go of someone like that.

Not just you. My 1st guy is now 41 years old, always was a painfully slow learner, but wasn't knocked out until he was 38. A real keeper and haven't got the heart so sack him. My other little lovebird is 39 now, but his skills are rapidly decreasing due to taking massive amounts of damage in his career. :/ might have to retire him before he makes a complete fool out of himself.

• Upvote 1