Job Title

The1rstSaint

I can teach you humour if you like. I bill at 8 minute intervals and will obviously be corresponding through my para-median. This increases if you require me to represent you in a comedy club.

Those were legal jokes, I thought I'd break you in nice and easy, but we might need to start with bums and penises. How do you feel about that?

Those were legal jokes, I thought I'd break you in nice and easy, but we might need to start with bums and penises. How do you feel about that?

Good lord, looks like your teaching Borat.

meercat, whatever you do, do not try your hand at racial humor. It's a dark art requiring finesse and precision timing.

Australia seems awesome. Do degrees from non-Ivy universities in the US count in Australia for tech, physics, and/or finance, or does it have to be from a school that Australians would have heard of?

I couldn't say mate, the Government is able to certify equivalence but I couldn't really imagine why they wouldn't do so for any real American university which has a proper study load, etc.

K Rad - I thought it is based on a point scoring system, with vocational qualifications and skill sets being the primary scorer. I did complete one a few years back and my degree, post graduate stuff didn't count for much against vocations like joinery, nursing etc. I have BA Hons, UK SIP IMC, DIP IoD - the latter being qualifications earning 6 figs plus, but they don't count for much on the application form.

My sister who lives there as you know, has a Law Degree and had 3 years legal experience post graduate representing clients in mediation and claims, however her husband was a joiner by trade and he scored the required points to get them access, not my sister, her degree didn't count for much, if anything. This was 6/7 years ago though. He had experience as a Construction site manager, gained access though as joiner for the points, then got a job as a construction site manager, and now has two houses, 2 cars worth a mint and holidays in Sydney and in top class places. They visited Europe last September and went to England, France (Paris Euro Disney), Barcelona, and on the way back spent 5 days on Hong Kong.

Not bad for a joiner, who I once paid cash to put down a patio for me because he had been paid off from the garage door company he worked for.

They also let him in despite GBH charges on his record.

In terms of points for immigration purposes, yes that's right. They have a 'skills' list so nursing, engineers, doctors, aged care workers, etc, etc, are on that list. Trades were high during the mining boom, not so much currently.

In terms of being recognised though, there is no reason a properly earned higher education qualification wouldn't be. For example one of my teachers has a 'master of economics' which has been recognised and accredited as being a doctorate of economics, due to the difference in higher education systems in Russia and Australia. The same for one of my Polish teachers, her 'master of political science' is recognised as a bachelor equivalent here in Australia.

And we're Aussies, the bloke needs to be able to put up with being given shit for his cricket team so he needs to be able to hold his own :P