Looking for a PC strategy game

Driven

Been thinking about possibly getting another game. I only play strategy games, my favorites being Hearts of Iron III and Medieval Total War II. I also like the Civilization series (the ones I played, anyways). I've also enjoyed Crusader Kings II.

Can anyone here recommend games of the same type of genre? I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Guest VladTheImpaler

I loved to play Stronghold was one of my favorite games sadly they had very small map and you could not really play good multiplayer games.

I played a bit in Rome II Total War and I can recommend you this game (I hadn't time to play and lost interest in the game when I was able to play a little).

Been thinking about possibly getting another game. I only play strategy games, my favorites being Hearts of Iron III and Medieval Total War II. I also like the Civilization series (the ones I played, anyways). I've also enjoyed Crusader Kings II.

Can anyone here recommend games of the same type of genre? I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

I see we love exactly the same type of game, i also love tycoon/manager sims as well though (the best being OOTP 14 and FM 2014). CK2 and CIV are probably my 2 other best games.

Sim City 3000 is still good albeit a bit outdated.

A-train 9/ The train giant is a similar game to Sin City, just more focused on you getting resources to a location than manually creating the city.

Anno 2070 is a futuristic Sim City simulator, but with more of a storyline to it and less options.

In the same genre is Tropico 4. I had a lot of fun in that one (something like a Sim City dictator game).

Capitalism Lab is a fantastic old economic simulator which can be bought for just 10$ i think (also somewhat outdated graphics though).

Europa Universalis IV is another product from Paradox in line with CK2 and HOI3, but i am sure you already know that game as you are playing those 2. Supreme Ruler 2020 is a game you will also like from Paradox Interactive.

• Colonization is my favorite strategy game ever.

The first three Close Combat games were awesome, though they're dated now and it will take a bit of work to get them to work on a modern computer.

All of the games that I've played in the Anno series have been good.

Sins of a Solar Empire was good.

• Colonization is my favorite strategy game ever.
  • The first three Close Combat games were awesome, though they're dated now and it will take a bit of work to get them to work on a modern computer.
  • All of the games that I've played in the Anno series have been good.
  • Sins of a Solar Empire was good.

Yeah Colonization is good, maybe a bit outdated now though.

Civ 3. Best game ever.

Civ 3. Best game ever.

I completely agree. I still play it from time to time. I especially like when you get your first army... usually around the cavalry time. Then you can literally rip holes in the other nations.

• Upvote 1