Island Fights : Lengendary Fighters Championship

LFC 14 Mudzuri vs Ranger Preview by Merrick Shamrock

What’s up everyone ? My preview of LFC 13 was a succes, so here you have another preview as promised from your official writer. Now first the basic stuff: the event takes place in Paddy O’Malleys Bar (700) on 30 March 2014. We have a lot of interesting fights this evening. The Featherweight Title is on the line, The 2 Welterweight prospects Ben Askren and Samuel Berzins are (probably) going to fight for the contender spot #1.

Middleweight: Josiah Mudzuri (3-0-0) vs Buzz Ranger (3-1-0)

This will be our main event, a grappler vs clincher fight. Mudzuri is an undefeated grappler who surprises me every single time, especially his last fight against Shimmy Sinner. Sinner was my favourite fighter for that fight and Mudzuri just tapped him out in the 1st round. Ranger is a KO artist who has the knockout power to do just that. He finished Bryan Spong (who is also on this card) in the 1st round, but this is a rematch, because he lost against Mudzuri by submission. I can’t say much more of this fight. If Ranger has found the problem and adjusted his gameplan he could win this and end Mudzuri’s winning streak. Mudzuri needs to do what he always does, that’s take Ranger down and tap him out.

My Prediction: Mudzuri will be still undefeated, he wins by Submission

Welterweight: Ben Askren (3-1-0) vs Samuel Berzins (4-1-0)

This will be probably the contender fight for the title. Askren is an experienced grappler, who won every single fight by submission. Berzins on the other hand is a stand-up fighter who likes to clinch and punish his opponent with dominant strikes. Askren never fought against someone who could knock a guy out in seconds. Berzins dominated one of my own fighters and well-known LFC fighter Miron Karoa, Karoa is a dominant grappler, but he couldn’t get Berzins down and tap him out. I think it’s going to happen all over again with Askren. I would like to see Berzins get tapped out (revenge :)), but it’s not going to happen.

My Prediction: Berzins wins by (T)KO

Middleweight: Benny Bouthillette (2-0-0) vs Bryan Spong (3-3-0)

A prospect vs an experienced fighter, that’s what this fight stand for. Bouthillette is a prospect with good KO power., he’s now on a 2 fight winning streak. Spong is much more experienced, he has an extensive LFC record: 2-2. Spong is not really a finisher and he doesn’t get finished often. Bouthillette never fought in an organisation (only QFC), so this will be new for him. Spong has the edge in Muay Thai and BJJ, Bouthillette has the edge in wrestling. It’s going to be a battle that will not be forgotten.

My Prediction: Bouthillette wins by T(KO) or Decision

Featherweight Championship: DeMarcus Bojan (6-1-0) vs Carlos Knight (4-1-1)

This is our only title fight for this evening, it’s going to be an exciting one. Both fighter are very good grapplers, so this fight is going to take place on the ground. Bojan finished all of his fights (most by TKO) and his opponent Knight finished none of his fights. That’s a pretty important factor for this fight. Bojan has an advantage in grappling and Knight a slight advantage in wrestling. Bojan also never lost a fight by being finished, Knight was one time finished by TKO. I just think that Bojan has more experience and finishing ability than Knight.

My Prediction: Bojan wins by TKO and takes the belt home.

Other Fights:

Welterweight: Wayne Cambell vs Buster Knott

Prediction: Cambell wins by TKO

Light Heavyweight: Omar Donovan vs Allen Jackson

Prediction: Donovan wins by Submission

Lightweight: Nichi DiMag vs Damon Johnson

Prediction: DiMag wins by Decision (Unanimous)

Light Heavyweight: Plastic Bowl vs Steve Longhold

Prediction: Bowl by KO

Lightweight: Jeremi Rounikki vs Jan Dobrik

Prediction: Rounikki wins by Submission

Welterweight: Phat Funk vs Morgan Freeman

Prediction: Funk wins by (T)KO

• Upvote 1

The LFC is now making an other step to the excellence, we do not sign 170 and 185 fighters with less than 50 hype anymore for the others classes you are gladly welcome for now whatever your hype or record is.

For any basic contract, please contact Tito Fedor (93732) and for the big ones contact me by pm

LFC.

• 2 weeks later...

LFC 17 Mudzuri vs Kahuna Preview by Guy Mezger

What’s up everyone ? Here you have the preview of LFC 17. Just 1 title fight this evening, but there are also other exciting figths, so tune in. Shaw is going to defend his title for the second time againt the strong Kevin Belingon.

The two middeleweight contenders Mudzuri and Kahuna are going to fight for the number 1 contender spot (I guess/hope). Now the basic stuff: the event takes place at the Hayashi’s Lounge (2000) on 12 April 2014.

Middleweight: Josiah Mudzuri (4-0-0) vs Timo Kahuna (6-2-0)

Our main event of the evening. (One of my favourite fighters) Josiah Mudzuri will take on a sharp looking Timo Kahuna. Mudzuri is currently the number 3 Middleweight and Kahuna the number 4 Middleweight. Mudzuri is a dangerous grappler, who has also some stand-up skills, He is a fast finisher (all of his victories in 1st round). Kahuna is a strong boxer, he has also a strong wrestling game. He has definitely KO power. This fight is pretty simple. Mudzuri can take Kahuna down and tap him out or Kahuna sprawls his takedowns and dominates him with strikes. This is one of the most interesting/exciting fights I have ever seen in LFC.

My Prediction: Mudzuri is the stronger fighter and taps Kahuna out and will probably fight Jeggins for the belt.

Middleweight: Dwayne Hopkins (6-3-1) vs BJ Penncil (7-2-0)

Our first rematch of the evening. Hopkins is a dominant wrestler, who had a difficult time, he lost his last matchup by Decision. He was convinced that he had won this fight, but the judges disagreed. Penncil is a jujitsu grappler, who finishes all his fights by tap out, he was on a rough 2 fight losing streak, but he recovered by winning against Kim Jong Illin by tap out in the 1st round. I would like to see Hopkins come back with a knockout and avenge his loss. Penncil will probably not change his gameplan.

My Prediction: Hopkins wins by KO and avenge his loss

Middleweight: Matt Hamilton (3-1-0) vs Kim Jong Illin (5-2-0)

An exciting middleweight matchup and rematch. Hamilton is a die-hard striker, who uses the clinch (to get on the ground) and strikes. Illin is a very good clinch fighter (keeping it standing) who finish most of his opponents. Hamilton will be hungry to get a stoppage as revenge. Illlin is on a 2 fight losing streak, that’s never good for a fighter, but his morale is good. If Hamilton gets Illin on the ground, he will get the stoppage. If Illin keeps the fight standing he will probably win with KO or Decision.

My Prediction: Illin wins the rematch again by Decision (Unanimous)

Lightweight Title: Brad Shaw (8-1-0) vs Kevin Belingon (4-1-0)

Our only title fight of this evening between the Lightweight king Shaw and contender Belingon. Shaw is currently number 3 of the Island lightweights, he defended his belt one time with a submission finish. Belingon is a wrestler/stand-up fighter, who likes to mix things, he finished 50% of his opponents. Shaw on the other hand finished 87% of his opponents, he’s a really strong fighter. I don’t think Belingon has the power or skills to finish or win from Shaw.

My Prediction: Shaw wins by Submission and defends his title for the second time.

Other Fights:

Welterweight: Miron Karoa vs Dolphin Neck

Prediction: Neck wins by (T)KO

Featherweight: James Briggs vs Carlos Knight

Prediction: Briggs wins by TKO

Middleweight: James Jo vs Dwayne Mann

Prediction: Jo wins by Decision (Unanimous)

Featherweight: Johny Rico vs Milan Zitska

Prediction: Rico wins by Decision (Unanimous)

Welterweight: Alexander Augustus vs Ben Askren

Prediction: Askren wins by Submission

Middleweight: Federico Gonzalo vs Trevor Fisher

Prediction: Fisher wins by Decision (Unanimous)

• Upvote 1

A Q&A with Welterweight contender Samuel Berzins by Guy Mezger

1) Hello Samuel ! How are you doing mate ?

Samuel: I'm doing well thanks mate, it's good to be here.

2) We all know you are going to fight for the LFC Welterweight strap, are you excited ?

Samuel: Yes, of course I am! A shot at the title couldn't of came any sooner it's been my goal since signing with LFC.

3) Did you expect to be such a dominant figure in the LFC/Island Welterweight division ?

Samuel: I never expect anything, except for when my hand is raised, I expect the respect I have earned.

4) What do you think of the current champ: Dexter Leigertwood ?

Samuel: Leigertwood? He has a respectable ground game and has been the most dominant guy in the 170 division, maybe even the whole org. He's nobody to take lightly but I don't fear him at all. I've been working on certain strategies to bring him out of his comfort zone.

5) Have you made a special gameplan to win from Leigertwood ?

Samuel: Yes, like I said. I have been working on some good strategies with my coaches at the Island Premium CT centre. I'm not going to share too much though.

6) How do you think that the fight is going to end (result) ?http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40b11.jpg

Samuel: I think he'll look to take this fight to the ground at first chance. But I'm going to keep him at bay with his takedowns and hopefully I'll finish it before the first round ends.

7) What do you think the future is going to bring for you (the island season, after the island) ?

Samuel: Well, hopefully I can successfully win and then defend the 170lbs title for as long as possible. But I wouldn't mind fighting for the 185lbs title at some stage beofre the season 2 of the island is finished. I think I might have a good shot at winning the end of season tourney so we'll see how that goes, that could dictate my career depending on the outcome.

8) Thanks for the interview, I want to wish you good luck with your fight and for the future !

Samuel: Thanks mate, it's been a pleasure and thank you for having me. :)

Just a quick question. Do you people like previews more than reviews ?

I like both and I get angry when Keya is too tight fisted to pay for both :angry:

That's assuming you're not asking for too much money Vince :nono:

Hey guys ! It was just a simple question of what you like the most. About the payments, I am satisfied with it. It's just that for me it's easier to write a preview than a review and also more fun :)

What ???

I would pay for both and I did it before but he doesn't have much time to do them that the only reason we choose to do just one of them

Hey guys ! It was just a simple question of what you like the most. About the payments, I am satisfied with it. It's just that for me it's easier to write a preview than a review and also more fun :)

I was only kidding. I'm sorry! :OMG:

I like the previews, and reviews too would be good. That's all.

Oh, to actually answer question.. Previews better if I have to choose one.

Hey guys, you will not have the preview of LFC 18. My apologies, I am just back from a 4 day trip in England. Now it's too late to make one. Sorry again, this will not happen a lot in the future (vacations).

Guy Mezger