Island Fights : Lengendary Fighters Championship

LFC 19 Jeggins vs Mudzuri Preview by Guy Mezger

What’s up everyone ? Are we ready for one of the biggest events of LFC ? 2 title fights on the menu. The 2 Berzins brothers in full action. Dick Jeggins is going to defend his title for the 3rd time against the almost unbeatable Josiah Mudzuri. Lim Hyun Gyu will try to prove his strenght and skills against the undefeated LFC newcomer Korra Blaze.

Now the basic stuff: this events take place in the Hard Knocks (3000) on 19 April 2014.

Don’t forget to check the Island Bet, if you want to bet on your favourite fighter

Link: http://mmatycoon.com/bookmakerpublic.php?bid=8162

Middleweight Championship: Dick Jeggins (7-0-0) vs Josiah Mudzuri (5-0-0)

I think this will be the most hype fight of LFC, two middleweights champions (Jeggins = crowned, Mudzuri = uncrowned) who will fight till they have put everything into it. Jeggins is one of the strongest wrestlers of the Island with some good grappling skills, he will defend his title for the 3rd time (most time in LFC). Mudzuri is a strong grappler, who is pretty one-dimensional in his fights, but what does it even matter if your hands are raised every single time. Mudzuri proved himself worthy as a title contender when he defeated the strong Timo Kahuna. They are both undefeated in LFC (Jeggins: 5-0, Mudzuri: 4-0). I don’t know, but I have a lot of sympathy for both of these fighters. I think that Mudzuri has a chance of winning this fight and crown himself as LFC Middleweight champ and probably number 1 Middleweight P4P fighter of the Island.

Still I’m going for Jeggins and I have my reasons: he’s more experienced, he has better jujitsu than Mudzuri, he has better wrestling than Mudzuri.

My Prediction: Jeggins keeps his belt and becomes number 1 P4P of the Island by Submission

Welterweight Championship: Dexter Leigertwood (6-1-0) vs Samuel Berzins (5-1-0)

Our second title fight for the Welterweight gold. Leigertwood is a very good grappler with all round skills. I underestimate this dude every single time, he seems to be able to beat every strong contender. Every fight won by submission in 1st round and he’s never been knocked out (another important factor). Berzins is a really powerful fighter, who uses his boxing skills to knock peoples heads off and his wrestling skill to sprawl their takedowns. He’s on a 4 fight winning streak, all by way of KO in the 1st round. So I can conclude that we have 2 fast finishers in our presence. This fight is not going to end by decision. I have faith in Leigertwoods success, but I also believe that Berzins can shock the world of the Island by knocking the number 1 welterweight out.

My Prediction: Leigertwood stays the champ by way of Submission

Welterweight: Ben Askren (7-1-0) vs Daniel Berzins (5-1-0)

Two Welterweight giants who are facing each other. Askren is the former Welterweight champ and will still be pretty hunger for the strap. He is a highly skilled wrestler and grappler. Berzins on the other hand is the muay thai/clinch fighter who likes to sprawl his opponents takedowns and react with a solid clinch game to end the fight. Askren faced a lot of strong opponents with all kinds of different gameplans, he finished almost all of them except our welter weight champ Leigertwood. This will be certainly the toughest challenge for Berzins. He never faced a grappler like Askren before. It will be a true clash. At the end I still thinks that Askren is going to walk out the cage with hand raised.

My Prediction: Askren wins by KO or Decision (Unanimous)

Welterweight: Lim Hyun Gyu (6-3-0) vs Korra Blaze (3-0-0)

The thirth Welterweight fight of this evening between a (T)KO artist and a jujitsu grappler. Gyu is a respected boxer with good grappling skills. He’s still a bit irritated of his title shot that he lost, I think he was just overconfident of winning that bout. Blaze is currently an undefeated fight with all of his wins coming by way of submission. He trained with the Gracie brothers, so that’s says enough of his grappling skills. Now the question is can Gyu stop Blaze’s takedowns… my answer… yes. Both of these guys have much talent, but Gyu is more experienced and he has faced multiple tough grapplers.

My Prediction: Gyu wins by KO

Other Fights:

Middleweight: Ruslan Aslamanov vs Cervantes De Leon

Prediction: De Leon wins by TKO

Light Heavyweight: Plastic Bowl vs Joe Benedict

Prediction: Bowl wins by KO

Featherweight: Blagojevic Batakovic vs Frenk Karleon

Prediction: Karleon wins by KO

Welterweight: Masutatsu Oyama vs Gilbert Smith

Prediction: Smith wins by Submission

Lightweight: Casey Pen vs Otto The Great

Prediction: The Great wins by Decision (Unanimous)

Featherweight: Jack Frost vs Oscar Avila

Prediction: Frost wins by Submission

• Upvote 1

LFC 19 was the better event ever made this season on the Island congratulation to all of you guys even those who didn't fight on this card, We got back the Number 1 Island Fight Org and we have now the Number 1 and Number 2 P4P Fighters on the Island !!!

Keya

• Upvote 1

Idd Keya ! It was a great event, almost every prediction of my was wrong ( :P ). Mudzuri congrats on the title win, also for Jeggins . The Berzins brothers showed their dominance again. All the other fighters who fought on this card YOU ALL DID A GREAT JOB !

Guy

• Upvote 1

LFC 20 Arno vs Drago Preview by Guy Mezger

What’s up everyone ? Here is the preview of LFC 20, yes we reached already 20 events, there are a lot of interesting fights on this card. This time we don’t have many big names on the card, but they can maybe get big after this event. 3 Heavyweight bouts: one for the number 1 contender spot, another for a future title shot, the last one for getting in the top 10 of the division. Now the basic stuff: this event will take place in the Underground (1000) on 23 April 2014.

Don’t forget to check the Island Bet, if you want to bet on your favourite fighter

Heavyweight: Raju Armo (4-4-0) vs Rocky Drago (6-1-0)

This will be our main event of this evening and it’s going to be a good one. This two will probably fight for the number 1 contender spot for the Heavyweight strap. Armo is a respectable all rounder, he possesses stand-up and ground skills. He has a very extensive record with 4 wins and 4 losses in 3 different organizations. He’s a good finisher with most of his wins in the 1st round. Drago is a dangerous fighter who just enjoys knocking people out, he has also a big mouth (nickname ‘Cocky), but he proves it every single time that he can afford to be cocky. He is a popular fighter with in total 4 of the night awards. Armo likes to tap people out more than just punish them with punches (<-> Drago). I think that Drago wants to keep this bout on the feet and that Armo wants to bring it to the ground. A factor that comes a lot back in this evening è sprawl and brawl. I think that Drago should be able to stop Armo’s takedowns and react with punches.

My Prediction: Drago wins by (T)KO

Heavyweight: Roger Black (4-2-0) vs JoJo Kush (4-3-0)

An interesting Heavyweight matchup between the professional clinch fighter Black and the GnP wrestler Kush. Both of these guys have been defeated in their last fight (not that good for the morale). Black is a wonderful clinch fighter who finished every fight by TKO, his only weakness and immediately the biggest = ground game. Black doesn’t really have a ground game, so if he get’s taken down and he can’t get up è it will be all over. Kush on the other hand has superb wrestling skills and some competent grappling skills. He was our former Heavyweight champ, but he got wrecked by the dangerous Swiss Marco Buhler. He is still shocked of this defeat and title loss (low morale). I analysed Kush’s last fights and I saw he wasn’t very active with his ground game, if he plans to keep it that way he won’t stand a chance against Black. I go for Black with an early stoppage.

My Prediction: Black wins by TKO

Lightweight: Duncan Jon (5-1-0) vs Rusty Fishhook (5-0-0)

This one is a classic striker vs grappler fight. Jon is a very strong striker/boxer who knocks all of his opponents out in the 1st round. He only lost once against our current Lightweight champ Brad Shaw (who is a very good grappler). Fishhook is a good grappler who likes to take the fight to the ground. He’s not that good in finishing his fights (<-> Jon), he tapped only 2 of his 5 opponents out. A very important factor in this fight is the sprawl and brawl techniques of Jon, if he can stuff Fishhook’s takedown attempts, he should have no problems finishing him with his well known flurry of strikes. Fishhook has a chance of winning this one, but I’m going with Jon for this one.

My Prediction: Jon wins by (T)KO

Light Heavyweight: Kurko Tyrma (2-1-0) vs Sonny Korleone (1-0-0)

Our first Light Heavyweight bout of the evening, two Light Heavyweight rookies that are going into war. Tyrma is a stand-up fighter who likes just to stand and bang with his opponents, his nickname is ‘K.O’, ironically he never finished an opponent (still he’s a fierce fighter). Korleone is also a stand-up fighter that uses the clinch to end his fights. He’s still a rookie with only one win (QFC fight), but he finished a strong opponent in the 1st round by TKO. We have got 2 stand-up fighters that don’t wrestle often (or just never). I think that Korleone has got the edge in this fight.

My Prediction: Korleone wins by (T)KO

Other Fights:

Heavyweight: Bigg Moe vs Jordon Booth

Prediction: Booth wins by (T)KO

Light Heavyweight: Omar Donovan vs Steve Longhold

Prediction: Longhold wins by Decision (Unanimous)

Bantamweight: Boa Aman vs Terry Marshall

Prediction: Aman wins by Submission

Lightweight: Tim Hunter vs Damon Johnson

Prediction: Johnson wins by (T)KO

Welterweight: Budda Boy vs Wes Landry

Prediction: Boy wins by KO

Lightweight: Jan Dobrik vs Renzo Gracie

Prediction: Gracie wins by Submission

• Upvote 1

"Heavyweight: Bigg Moe vs Jordon Booth

Prediction: Booth wins by (T)KO" Bigg "show" Moe proved the doubters wrong they said he can't win that he would get knock-out !

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1b8.jpg Bigg Moe Jordon Booth Submission (Armbar) 1 02:39

Submission (Armbar)http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/tinyaward.jpgLFC 20 - Arno vs Drago 2014-04-23 265 1 02:39

Submission of the night for Bigg Show MOE ! i want a title shot the belt will be mine ! Bigg moe got's a lot mo Show so let's Go Marco

"Heavyweight: Bigg Moe vs Jordon Booth

Prediction: Booth wins by (T)KO" Bigg "show" Moe proved the doubters wrong they said he can't win that he would get knock-out !

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1b8.jpg Bigg Moe Jordon Booth Submission (Armbar) 1 02:39

Submission (Armbar)http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/tinyaward.jpgLFC 20 - Arno vs Drago 2014-04-23 265 1 02:39

Submission of the night for Bigg Show MOE ! i want a title shot the belt will be mine ! Bigg moe got's a lot mo Show so let's Go Marco

Dude yes he won, but you are still low in ranks so I think that a title shot is a bit far away for Moe at the moment :)

Hey guys I'm terribly sorry, I was almost ready with my LFC 21 Previews and for one stupid reason my pc closed and when I started it again the Preview wasn't saved. Now I don't have the time to make it again, but I'm working on a new Q&A and the next previews will hopefully uploaded like it should :)

Guy

A Q&A with DeMarcus Bojan by Merrick Shamrock

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13978359358603.png

Hey what’s up everyone, I have another Q&A with one of our LFC stars. This time we welcome our current Featherweight champ DeMarcus Bojan.

1) What’s up DeMarcus, how are you doing (health, morale…) ?

Things are great, thanks. I'm in excellent shape and have never felt better.

2) We all know you are going to fight for the Lightweight strap against Brad Shaw, what is your opinion about Shaw (strengths, weaknesses…) ?

Shaw is a weak man.. Hell just look at his fighter-pic, is that a gym he's supposed to be in? Looks to me like his mums basement. He obviously doesn't take mma as seriously as I do. Comparing us is like comparing a Pigeon and a lion, you can't. And this lion loves to eat Pigeon.

3) How do you think you are going to perform in this title fight (end result) ?

Are you crazy? How am I going to perform? I'm going smash him into the canvas with such force it warps space and time. I'm going to kick his ass so badly, the sheer thought of fighting will make him shit his pants. Post fight, for the rest of his life everyone will refer to him as "shitty pants Shaw". I'm that hungry, I'm that evil. And If I don't have that belt around my waist before the end of the first round, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

4) If you win this bout you will officially write Island history (2 belts in different weight classes), how would you feel about this ?

Obviously it would feel amazing to make history like that. But I know I won't be any satisfied, I want all the belts, ALL OF THEM. So don't think I'll be content with this. 135lb & 170lb,I'm putting you on notice. Once I send Shaw back to his mom's basement, I'm coming for all y'all.

5) I can see that you are changing your gameplans in your last fights (wins by Submission), Shaw is well known grappler. Are you going to change your gameplans (a bit information) ?

Apparently Shaw is a good grappler, well maybe in the "mums basement championship fighting" scene. But in the real world, where I fight, he's mediocre at best. So I the only thing I think I'll have to change up in my gameplan, is to really, really try not to fall asleep. And by that I don't mean getting caught in a choke or anything. I mean I'm pretty sure I'm going to get tired of relentlessly punching him in the face.

6) What are your plans for after the Island Season (organizations, gyms, location) ?

the island is home for me. I don't really see a career outside of the island as I'm only getting older. I'll see what happens, but for now the island is my home and I'd like to retire here.

7) Thanks for the interview DeMarcus, I wish you the best of luck with your title shot and future !

Thanks. Talk to you post fight when I've made history.

LFC 23 Mudzuri vs Berzins Preview by Merrick Shamrock

What’s up everyone ? Merrick Shamrock is back in business, I said before that I was playing with a friend’s account (Guy Mezger), now he’s playing back. Now I’m going to play full time with this account. Now believer me when I say that LFC 23 is the biggest event of Legendary Fighters Championship an maybe of the Island. 3 title fights are on the line. Two fighters can make Island history (Samuel Berzins and DeMarcus Bojan) by having 2 title belts in different weightclasses. Like always are the dominant Berzins brother present. The absolute number 1 Heavyweight contender (Rocky Drago) has finally a chance of having that belt around his waist. Now as always the basic stuff: this event is taking place in Hard Knocks (3000) on 3 May 2014

Middleweight Championship: Josiah Mudzuri (6-0-0) © vs Samuel Berzins (6-1-0) (170lbs ©)

Our main event/first title fight and probably highest hyped fight of LFC. Berzins will fight for the Middleweight Belt against number 1 P4P LFC fighter Mudzuri. Mudzuri is without a doubt my favourite fighter of the whole Island, I always tought this guy would be defeated by his opponents, now this time I’m going to think very long before I take my decision.Berzins is a extremely powerful dude, the referee has almost every time seen enough (5 TKO wins). He’s a very fast finisher (all of his victories in the 1st round). Both of these fighters are going to need to bring their A-Game. Mudzuri surprised me twice at LFC 19 è he won and became the Middleweight Champ, he didn’t won by Submission, but by TKO. He showed that he has KO power and can stand and bang. Berzins made short work of Leigertwood and secured the Heavyweight belt around his waist. I can’t even predict were this fight is going to take place, Mudzuri can fight on the ground and feet, Berzins will prefer to keep it standing. I underestimated Mudzuri for far too long, Mudzuri will keep his belt.

My Prediction: Mudzuri wins by Submission or TKO

Lightweight Championship: Brad Shaw (9-1-0) © vs DeMarcus Bojan (8-1-0) (145lbs ©)

Our second Title fight of this evening, Shaw will defend his belt for the third time against Bojan who is the current Featherweight champ. Shaw is probably one of the best grapplers of the Island, we can see that when we look at his record. 7 of his 9 wins came by Submission (except one è Submission (strikes)), his last title defence didn’t end like he wanted (decision) to. His opponent Bojan is one of my favourite fighters of the Island, he mixes up jujitsu and GnP to end his fights. I personally interviewed him and he was very self-confident, he called Shaw a weak man who trains in his mum’s basement and has some grappling skills. I think Bojan underestimates Shaw, he trains in the Island Top Team and has fought many good opponents. Bojan can make use of his good GnP to get the stoppage, I don’t see Shaw get tapped out by Bojan. I’m hesitating of the outcome of this fight, but I’m going for Bojan.

My Prediction: Bojan wins by TKO and becomes the new Lightweight champ

Middleweight: Dick Jeggins (7-1-0) vs Daniel Berzins (6-1-0)

A highly anticipated fight between former LFC Middleweight champ Jeggings and Middleweight newcomer Berzins. Jeggins is one of the strongest fighters of the Island, but he and the rest of the Island was shocked by his disappointing/title loss against Josiah Mudzuri. He recovered (morale) from this and is preparing for the winner of the Mudzuri-Berzins title bout. Berzins is a very dominant striker and LFC fighter, he decided to change weightclasses, because he had a discussion with his manager and brother and he won’t fight for the Welterweight gold, but for the Middleweight gold.

I’m not fully sure about Jeggins, last time he entered the LFC cage I was confident he could take everyone of the Middleweight fighters of the Island, now he’s dethroned. Berzins is well known for his dominant striking skills. He could resist the GnP of Askren in his last fight, so that says enough of his ground game.

My Prediction: Berzins wins by (T)KO

Heavyweight Championship: Rocky Drago (7-1-0) vs Marco Buhler (6-1-0) ©

Our last title fight of the evening for the Heavyweight strap. This is going to be an epic battle between 2 stand-up giants. Drago is an LFC veteran (4-1 record) with dangerous KO power. 6 of his 7 finishes came by TKO, so the referee knows that he will need to stop the fight before his opponent needs to go to the hospital. Buhler is our current Heavyweight king, he’s an excellent kickboxer (3 head kick KO’s), also a fast finisher with 5 of his 6 finishes in the 1st round. I think there is no way that this fight is going to end by decision, these guys are just brutal fighters. Drago better stay out of the clinch this time, Buhler has remarkable Muay Thai, so being on the outside mixing things up. Buhler can chose if he wants this bout happening in the clinch or outside. He’s also taller than Drago that can be also an important factor for this fight. I think that Buhler has the edge in this bout

My Prediction: Buhler wins by (T)KO

Other Fights:

Middleweight: Gwan Dylan vs Ruslan Aslamanov

Prediction: Dylan wins by Submission

Welterweight: Joe Moe vs Phat Funk

Prediction: Funk wins by (T)KO

Featherweight: Dr Dre vs Jack Milpid

Prediction: Dre wins by Submission

Lightweight: Duncan Jon vs Damon Johnson

Prediction: Jon wins by TKO

Heavyweight: Wayne Wade vs Victor Cruz

Prediction: Wade wins by KO

Lightweight: Epic Penn vs Ben Marbury

Prediction: Marbury wins by Submission

• Upvote 1

Yuba Boulwiha (241252)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/34/34b7.jpg "Will do my best to defeat my opponent tomorrow with a submission worthy of this main event"