The essays on news page

Eleventhsun

Can i just say that i really love reading some of the threads on here. No offense to anyone but this should be a three reply thread

"I don't like long Posts on the news section"

"I disagree"

"Well that's your opinon and your entitled to it."

End of Discussion, some of you seem to take this to personally.

I really like the depth of the articles, but having to wait for the News and Events page to re-load with the crazy long articles is very aggravating. There has to be a way to keep the great features people are writing without the obnoxious result it has on the functionality of the page.

I believe thats what the forum is for, n'est pas?

Obviously I'm not reading it, god did you not read what I wrote lol. My problem is I'm trying to see other things on the main page, but you have to let this beast of an article load every time. I don't know about you, but I go there a lot, not only to refresh my mail and forum topics, but to see what events took place, to do my research. I'm not saying its the worst thing ever, just doing my daily pointing out of sillyness!

I write news for my org, I love to put that extra bit in, and I put the event results, and describe the fights. There is nothing wrong with that, and I agree that little extra does make it fun...But interviews with fighters and big write ups on where they were born, how they started their careers at the XGC and went 1-0 in qfc, and then moved to fight for WCH and blah blah blah, I guess to each their own. But it does make the news page pretty annoying to click on.

And just so you know this has nothing to do with Synchronicity, I'm actually referring to a smaller org in Montreal, who made me laugh pretty bad yesterday. The huge Syn article just reminded me of it from yesterday.

God guys, I'm sorry.

invest in Cable, FIOS or DSL. It takes me about 10 seconds to load that long ass article with Rising Review.. It took me a lot longer to read it, but it was very interesting and well written.

I would hate to see that kind of effort vanish due to some cheap mother fucker who hasn't upgraded from 56k or has not upgraded a computer in 10 years. Quit your bitching, it's 10 fucking seconds.

Will do...Avoid me elitist pricks who can't take that other people feel differently. Im a mindless, non creative troll. I love how this turned from an inside joke, to some serious issue. Shows what's important in some people's world. Its all good, the person who was supposed to read this did, and he got the joke. The rest of you are silly

inside joke? i could not tell you were joking one bit. you sound like you were out to put an end to the favorite part of my site, the news & events. next time let us know you are joking...

edit: regarding the internet connection not effecting the loading of the articles. well if it aint the internet connection then it must be the damn computer... my computer loads the article in 5-10 seconds. some people have no patience.

inside joke? i could not tell you were joking one bit. you sound like you were out to put an end to the favorite part of my site, the news & events. next time let us know you are joking...

edit: regarding the internet connection not effecting the loading of the articles. well if it aint the internet connection then it must be the damn computer... my computer loads the article in 5-10 seconds. some people have no patience.

only 10 seconds? yea every time you hit news. Sometimes you just want to refresh your mail, or the forums.

only 10 seconds? yea every time you hit news. Sometimes you just want to refresh your mail, or the forums.

I thought this was a joke? Why the necessity to defend your stance then?

And you do realize that the forum and mail links are on every page right? Not just the news page

Well if you had a look at the code for the "sliding" that happens when you click on the news item, you would see that it is purposely that slow, but obviously whoever made it didn't think the stories would be so long. Changing the speed of the sliding is easy enough, but I find it funny that it has come to that though because of the epics people write for news.

I thought this was a joke? Why the necessity to defend your stance then?

And you do realize that the forum and mail links are on every page right? Not just the news page

Dude why are you keeping at this? I didn't say it was a joke, I said what motivated me to post on the forum was as an inside joke geared towards a buddy, who took 2 hours to write a news feed, did fake interviews, mailed it to me to spell check it had like 1000 misspelled words, and then when he published it his comp froze. So he wasted 2 hours of time typing all this fake shit for nothing. There.... that's the inside joke of it, didn't think it would be as funny to everyone. I told him I thought it was kinda lame to type all that stuff, and he wasted a lot of time, the next morning I saw 2 of these huge long write ups on the main page, it reminded me of him. Is that ok with you?