Cyborg Santos

Wolf

So noone here would admit to have hooked up with a chick as less attractive as Cyborg?

Come on guys, i bet at least a couple of you have gotten legendarily drunk and woken up next to the Loch Ness monster?

Anyone that says they wouldnt is full of shit but its ok there only lieing to themselfs ::P

Post weight cut weigh in photos are not exactly a good marker for how people look (how many guys have looked like they were about ready to keel over when weighing in then won the next day...); not that I'm arguing she's good looking or anything, but that's an extreme case.

I guess I was going one extreme to the other lol. Shes isnt an absolute troll like some people say but she definitely isnt very attractive imo.

It was quite a good fight, Santos had a bad early fight as she seemed surprised by the lvl of her opponents, her opponents was quite tall and thin with good kicks and knee.

Santos would obvs have an hard time to land middle kick so with only high kick and leg kicks left she didn't kicked at all, probably to avoid to get swept. She tried to stay away and then come to punch range which she did well and manage to dominate one or two rounds.

Quite impressive that she overcome her bad early fight and managed to tight his skills during the fight.

Ronda rousey is amazing, but its clear to see the UFC are scared she will get beat bye cyborg or holly holm, both these women bring devastating stand up and this is the only place ronda will be beat

Ronda rousey is amazing, but its clear to see the UFC are scared she will get beat bye cyborg or holly holm, both these women bring devastating stand up and this is the only place ronda will be beat

I would like to see Holm defend a couple of takedowns before counting her in.

• Upvote 1

I dint see why people are so high in holm. She was a boxing champ yes but this is mma and she has beaten cans so far in mma and hasnt really showed that she can do anything on the floor.

Cyborg would be rouseys biggest test but by no chance does she just wreck rousey if she even can cut down to 135 and pwople saying rousey should fight up a weight class l, why? She is the champ and shouldnt move out of the weight class to fight a known steroid who asked to be released from her ufc contract and suddenly wants to come back.

Rant over. Have a nice day :)

Well if u compare what ronda gets to what cyborg was offered I don't blame her for wanting out, fair enough Tito was her manager at the time and him and ufc Dana white have a bad history together, but still cyborg was winning major women's mma fights when ronda was doing judo, so I think cyborg deserves a great contract and 1 fight then title shot, and I no she got done for steroids but so have loads of male fighters and thay take no way near the stick she gets over it, and in her Muay Thai fight she made that weight Nd may I add the person she lost to in that great fight was a unbeaten world champion and it was her 2nd or 3rd Muay Thai fight

I am not hating on ronda bye the way she is amazing it's just I think Kaufman,camouchie,Tate there not gonna bother her, and yea holly holm has more to prove to earn the shot of ufc title but cyborg has paid her dues,why not make the biggest women's mma fight ever say cyborg vs Tate then Tate looks like Diego Sanchez after a fight then u got a huge hyped fight really worth watching

It confuses me that people think this should effect her facing Ronda. Like it has been said before in the thread, it was a kickboxing fight which really she had no right to win. If she had won it it would of been more of a shock. If it was an MMA fight, she would of dominated. Regardless, Dana doesn't like her and is more interested in protecting Ronda's star value than putting on what would be one of the most highly anticipated MMA fights of all time.

Also, I still think she'd beat Ronda, and the rest of the women in the UFC for that matter.

And on the matter of her being hot ... No thanks.

• Upvote 3

cyborg is by far the best female mma fighter on the planet i don't care how a fighter looks only how they fight , but she has been looking better lately .http://www.leibowitzpictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Cris-Cyborg-1-e1345056364432.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really, people should realize a few things.

First, it's more UFC decision than Ronda's about 135lbs fight. "Female Bantamweight Title Fight Rousey Vs Cyborg" sounds way better than "Rousey Vs Cyborg fighting in non-existent division". Title fights are more hyped, they are better draws, they looked better on paper, have more buzz around it. Especially when you take a champ like Rousey - unbeaten, demolishing her opponents and dominating the scene of female MMA. UFC wants to make money on it, like on each fight - so they would do best promotional work that they think will bring most money. Title fights are more profitable 9 times out of 10.

Second, is Rousey really ducking Cyborg? Well, Cyborg WAS the UFC Fighter. She WAS under the contract. And SHE decided to leave her, with advice of her brilliant manager. UFC said that they will pay her the money she would get in the UFC, but would fight in Invicta. They would cover all bills, she would have UFC's fighter health insurance and rest of the perks. Only difference? You would for now fight in Invicta, while we come up with a plan to start your division or work out something to put you against Rousey. UFC wanted and most likely still want that fight - why wouldn't they? It's the biggest fight they can do right now with female bantamweight divisions...and be honest, with female mma overall.

Another thing that shows why it's not Rousey's fault - for a second imagine you run UFC. Manager of a fighter you want to sign says that she would DIE if she makes 135lbs. Ok. Since she would die doing it, we shouldn't sign her to fight at 135lbs. She didn't deny that, nor she stopped Tito from saying this. Means she agrees with what he says. So, she QUITS UFC. She says she would DIE making 135...yeah, sounds like SHE don't want - and CAN NOT - fight in UFC at 135lbs.

Now, move forward - she dropped Tito and all of the sudden, she says she can make 135 easily. Ok. Let's says she drops roids - this time for good - and drops to 135lbs. Should she get a date with Rousey right away? Nope. Why? Because we have no idea how she would react/fight at that weight. Give her a fight or two, so we can see - A) if she can make the weight B ) Is she still good at that weight. Becuase last thing we want is her coming to the UFC for title fight and stepping on the scale at 140 or something like - or to come in and be completely out of shape and wrecked by a weight cut.

Move forward even more, straight into fantasy world. Is she a threat to Rousey? Well...minor one. Why? It's simple. If people think that all you need to beat Rousey is world class striker - like Holy Holm or The Iron Lady - then why would you pick Cryborg? She's not THAT good of a striker like people think she is and we saw that. That was muay thai fight, against skilled, legit world class female striker - who gets back to any form of kickboxing after 2 years break and some MMA gigs. But still, it was a striking part. MMA Striking is different from pure striking like Muay Thai, but still it shows you striking level of a fighter, at least to some extend.

What would Cryborg do anyway? She would close the distance and take Rousey to the clinch? Ok. That's what Ronda would do on her own ANYWAY. Why wouldn't she? She needs to grab you, to throw you. Do you think Cryborg would stop rapid fire takedown attempts from Ronda? Rousey got 6 takedown/throws attempts within 4 seconds during her fight with Kaufmann - do you think Cris would stop that kind of storm? She would go down sooner or later...with sooner RATHER then later. Can she fight her off on the ground? We will see soon.

Since day one of female MMA in the UFC I said that Alexis Davis is the one to beat Rousey, becuase since female striker that could have a chance to beat Rousey, don't have good enough TDD, you need someone who won't be afraid of going down to the ground with Ronda and someone who may be able to outgrappler her. Is Alexis able to outgrapple her? Would be tough and won't be easy, but he has best chance to do this from all female UFC fighters. If she can't do it, neither can Cryborg.

Fight with Cryborg wouldn't be what people think it would be. Just another fight, in which Rousey would prove why she's the best female fighter today. Cryborg only talks tough now, while she was in the UFC she ran away asap, talking smaller deal with Invicta and then saying she can't make 135 and trying to turn the table and make a villain out of Ronda and UFC.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42901&page=2&do=findComment&comment=550864

Anyone who thinks Cryborg has any right to call anyone ducker or cheater, is simply either high, or insane.

• Downvote 1

Cyborg would beat Rhonda like a man would beat a woman. Rhonda doesn't take punches to the face very well. Meisha even proved that.

Miesha also proved that closing the distance on Rousey is bad idea either.

I don't think Cyborg is that bad on the floor, not because she is primarly a striker that she has no submission defence. She won some BJJ tournaments so I think she can fit on the floor against Rousey.

2 time IBJJF champion...at purple belt level. AWESOME. Really, great credentials. But there is one problem - in submission grappling you can not be punched/elbowed while you are defending the submission.

If Alexis Davis won't be able to neutralize Rousey's submissions, then only female grappler that would HAVE A CHANCE to do this in MMA environment would be Kyra Gracie.