TUF 19

Wolf

Good call, looking from justice stand point, but...

...How the fuck was that even possible? O_O Maz had it right thou, how long can you warn someone? This one call, he had it right.

Good call, looking from justice stand point, but...

...How the fuck was that even possible? O_O Maz had it right thou, how long can you warn someone? This one call, he had it right.

I thought he had it right as well. Don't know why Dana was so pissed off; I didn't think he had to stop just to warn him he'd been telling him the whole time.

Dana explained how it happend, two judges gave the round to the guy who got a last point penality and one to the others, so one judge score the last round 10-8, and two judges scored the round 9-9. When you do the math you have a split decision : draw, so I guess they are not allowed to give draw (maybe more in the tuf as it's a tourney) so they decided the winner overall.

While it was a massive cluster fuck, I was actually happy to see the results. Edgars guy seriously just took the guys back all three rounds and sat behind him like it was a spooning session. It never once looked like he exerted any energy to even lock in the rear naked. Eventually he threw a couple strikes, but even at that they were weak pitter patter shots. It was just a shit fight all around.

Oh yeah, I know Dana explained it and don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the wet blanket style. Was just a strange process that I know I've never seen happen before. I didn't even know asking personal judges' opinion after the fight was a thing (and how it differs from their given scores, maybe due to the point). I think you're right jacky about how it's a tournament and there had to be a winner, but it was a bit of any eye opener for me in terms of judging process.

There have been a few wet blankets coming through TUF recently, even though I'm pretty sure some are better fighters than that. I think they're just playing very safe due to the short turnaround for fights with the finale the goal. Take Elias Theodorou from the last TUF nations for example. His finale performance was very good and a well rounded performance (even though he's a complete douchebag) but both his fights in the house was just him clinging onto guys and being even LESS active than Stephens was in this fight. At least Stephens seemingly ATTEMPTED a choke, because Theodorou in the house did shit all even when he got on his back. It was literally just him holding onto people and then taking them down when they tried standing. I think he literally held onto his opponents for a solid 14 out of 15 minutes each time.

I know wrastling is all some fighters have, but I strongly think the 'safe' wet blanket approach is a product of the short turnaround tournament style that is the TUF.

tbh, all I can think is what a load of scripted bollocks, obviously hats off to the guys in the cage, they did their part, put on a fight - not the best but a fight none the less. But the judging was shocking.

I also think he should've had the point taken in the second, Maz warned him three times in the first alone. How many warnings did he need, and his first and second round ones were worse than the last one, which probably wasn't even 12-6.

• Upvote 1