Game of Thrones (possible spoilers!)

Wolf

Your heart was racing? About what? Ygritte died and Sam grew a pair for the first time in his life. Other than that, it was watching a fight with an obvious conclusion. The only suspense was "Are they going to finish this fight in time to talk about characters we are actually invested in?"

We all knew that the Wildlings would lose. Having them win would mean that four years of talk about the White Walkers would be pointless. You can develop the characters at the Wall, but save the full episode fight scenes for when the White Walkers show up.

In the books it is an epic battle, and as such, it needs a whole episode to detail it all. I personally enjoyed the episode, and thought that the time was spent well. Next weeks episode will be fantastic as well

• Upvote 2

Your heart was racing? About what? Ygritte died and Sam grew a pair for the first time in his life. Other than that, it was watching a fight with an obvious conclusion. The only suspense was "Are they going to finish this fight in time to talk about characters we are actually invested in?"

We all knew that the Wildlings would lose. Having them win would mean that four years of talk about the White Walkers would be pointless. You can develop the characters at the Wall, but save the full episode fight scenes for when the White Walkers show up.

Yes we all knew they would lose but the way they showed it was awesome and kept you in the edge of your seat. If you didnt like it then too bad for you but for me it was excellently done. I was actually fearful they wouldnt make it as epic as it was in the books but they did

Yes we all knew they would lose but the way they showed it was awesome and kept you in the edge of your seat. If you didnt like it then too bad for you but for me it was excellently done. I was actually fearful they wouldnt make it as epic as it was in the books but they did

I enjoyed the episode from an purely entertainment value, but like I told you in chat, when the episode was finished I was a little disappointed. As Jon Snow was walking out all I thought was "Wait, we are basically in the exact same spot as we were a week ago."

I enjoyed the episode from an purely entertainment value, but like I told you in chat, when the episode was finished I was a little disappointed. As Jon Snow was walking out all I thought was "Wait, we are basically in the exact same spot as we were a week ago."

i know what you mean but it was a highly entertaining episode none the less and it had to happen at some point. They could of added some other stories into the episode but as i said in chat, most of the other stories have been wrapped up for the time being and they cant rush in too fast with them. Anyway, episode 9 was awesome. I loved the whole of it. Sam saying "just open the fucking door Pyp" has to be one of the best things lol, i was laughing a lot :D

I would like to add this in the voice of Ygritte

"You know nothing, NexusX"

i know what you mean but it was a highly entertaining episode none the less and it had to happen at some point. They could of added some other stories into the episode but as i said in chat, most of the other stories have been wrapped up for the time being and they cant rush in too fast with them. Anyway, episode 9 was awesome. I loved the whole of it. Sam saying "just open the fucking door Pyp" has to be one of the best things lol, i was laughing a lot :D

Had that battle happened in any other season I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it, but this season has been so good that I think I just went into plot development withdrawals. After we had talked about it, it makes sense that they tied up most of the loose ends by episode 8 so that The Wall and Tyrion can be center stage for the finale. I also get that if there is another big battle, like Blackwater, you have to do it justice and do it big. In hindsight is is nice to also have an episode where they just stab each other once in a while, but I would be lying if I said I didn't finish the episode a little unsatisfied ***Insert joke about a tycooner and women***.

With that being said, it was still better than pretty much any episode of any other show...

• Upvote 2

That was basically my point. Nothing happened. It was just a bunch of fighting that didn't accomplish anything or advance the plot, except Sam growing some hair on his sack and manning up. I'm never a big fan of fights or chases that go on for more than a few minutes, whether that be in TV shows or movies. Action is nice when it furthers the storyline, but it is pointless when it is just there for the sake of action.

That was basically my point. Nothing happened. It was just a bunch of fighting that didn't accomplish anything or advance the plot, except Sam growing some hair on his sack and manning up. I'm never a big fan of fights or chases that go on for more than a few minutes, whether that be in TV shows or movies. Action is nice when it furthers the storyline, but it is pointless when it is just there for the sake of action.

On the other hand, if it was the book you could just keep reading and the battle would have moved the story along nicely. Had they rushed the battle it would have been even more WTF since we basically would have seen the Ygritte scene and then been asked to believe that Jon Snow just sort of saved the day.

The episode was great but I didn't really like the ending. I mean, there goes Jon Snow off by himself with no sword and no wolf. Why would he think he can just wander into the wilderness right into the belly of an army of thousands and kill their leader right under their noses? Seems very far fetched and unlikely but we'll see I guess.

The episode was great but I didn't really like the ending. I mean, there goes Jon Snow off by himself with no sword and no wolf. Why would he think he can just wander into the wilderness right into the belly of an army of thousands and kill their leader right under their noses? Seems very far fetched and unlikely but we'll see I guess.

“You’re right. It’s a bad plan. What’s your plan?”

- Jon Snow

• Upvote 1

Its interesting for me as well, as the end of the episode was in the books but the circumstances were much different

he is sent out to kill Mance by the returning Ser Alliser and Janos Slynt not of his own free will and under the guise of peace offering then kill him, i explained it very badly but yeah

I am actually surprised that on an MMA site there are people complaining that the show took a week off of plot to give us well choreographed violence lol.

The way I look at it is like this - Tomorrow nights episode was going to be the finale no matter what. What they have planned for tomorrow needed to end the season. So they could either do it in nine episodes with no bad ass war episode or in ten episodes with a bad ass war episode. I'll take the bad ass war episode.

• Upvote 1

I am actually surprised that on an MMA site there are people complaining that the show took a week off of plot to give us well choreographed violence lol.

The way I look at it is like this - Tomorrow nights episode was going to be the finale no matter what. What they have planned for tomorrow needed to end the season. So they could either do it in nine episodes with no bad ass war episode or in ten episodes with a bad ass war episode. I'll take the bad ass war episode.

Majority of people are happy with it. I personally loved the episode and thought they detailed the episode very well to get every character involved and give them their own moment.

• Upvote 1

Late on this but.. HOLY FUCK that fight between the mountain and Oberyn was crazy. I saw him losing but not by eye gauge. Gutted for the wee man, although something tell me he will be alright (no ive not read the books im guessing)

Didn't see the first 15 mins but the rest of the episode was fantastic! Wrapped up every story plot wonderfully and leaves me absolutely itching for next season! Shame this thread will die out until then though, unless we can think of a way to keep it alive

Just saw the first 15 there. When I first watched it, it didn't show who was on the table so I didn't know who the fella on the table was haha good ole Gregor just taking up half a room haha

And Stannis is a fucking legend, who else just walks in that casually and automatically wins haha

Damn... All over now for another year..

On a positive note, i read somewhere that if you start from season 1 again and watch one episode a week you should be able to catch up just before season 5 starts.

Yeah you will land about 2 weeks away from the next season. Sounds interesting although I would get bored and watch all 40 episodes in one week haha

I really enjoyed this week. Tyrion's escape seemed inevitable, but we all know that nothing is for sure with this show. I love that he took out Shae and his father on the way out.

The situation with Arya and The Hound was a real curve ball. My colleague and I were just talking about how awesome their scenes are. Their growing bond with the underlying hatred was so tense. In true GoT fashion, as soon as you start liking a storyline, something big happens to end it. Just when it seems like Arya is growing to like him, she leaves him injured to slowly die without the death he is begging for. I hope he somehow survives and they come face to face again later.

The only thing that I am worried about for season 5 is that there will be too much focus on the supernatural. Bran is now with the Three Eyed Raven, plus we have The Red Woman in the same physical location as the White Walkers. I enjoy the threat of the supernatural bubbling in the background, so I hope they keep it just popping up here and there and don't make the whole next season about it.

Theres Dragons in it, of course theres going to be supernatural :P

Also the fact Melisandre (red women) is in the same place as the white walkers the history there is awesome as her God's enemy is the White Walkers basically, its fuckin confusing to explain tho :P