Fighters dropping their managers

In real life, fighters will drop their manager if the manager is not doing a good job. I think we could possibly incorporate that into this game. I don't think it would be fair for fighters to fire the manager over fight performance, but firing him for actual management issues would be fair.

For example:

If you don't change your fighter's clothes, he emails you asking for clean clothes. If you ignore these emails for long enough, he'll fire you and become a FA.

If your fighter is rested and healthy, but you don't have him in a gym (or working full/part time), he will send you emails complaining, and eventually fire you.

If your fighter goes long periods of time without a fight, he will get upset and email you. If you ignore the emails, he'll fire you. This one would reduce the amount of time people can train project fighters before activating them.

If your fighter is consistently getting guys who are far below him in skills, rank, and hype, he will get upset and ask for a bigger challenge. If you keep feeding him cans, he'll fire you. This would prevent can crushing.

If we wanted to get really complex, there could even be hiddens for these things. Some fighters may want to be really active, while others will be more willing to tolerate long periods of inactivity. Some may be happy as a "big fish in a small pond" while others will want the bright lights of the top orgs.

Anyway, this idea just sprung into my head, so I haven't given it a lot of thought yet. Please reply with your comments, criticisms, or modifications.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Why should my fighter fire me if he's been training for say 6 months and not fought? It's the managers job to determine if the fighter is ready for a fight or not. Also it takes forever to get them ready in the first place.

• Upvote 8

Why should my fighter fire me if he's been training for say 6 months and not fought? It's the managers job to determine if the fighter is ready for a fight or not. Also it takes forever to get them ready in the first place.

But fighter may WANT to fight. Besides, its so stupid when you see 0-0 fighter, sens across...and they want to fight in ID restricted orgs. Im all behind that idea.

• Upvote 1

Not gonna lie I think this is an unnecessary addition.

1. The fact that you gotta change your fighters clothes like a child is annoying enough, to have him complain that you haven't changed his diaper is another thing and to sack you after this would just be an outrage. ha.

2. The only reason a fighter wouldn't be in a gym for a long period of time would be because the manager is either an idiot or not online at all. Who would have a fighter and not train him? Mr Jobber back in the day maybe but, thats a very rare case but who would pick one up an untrained fighter from the FA market anyway.

3. I think this is probably your best point here but I still don't rate it. The amount of depop complaints is already a lot and the answer to stop depops is to train other skills more and FIGHT FREQUENTLY so technically that should be enough to get you fighting anyway.

4. The org owner is the one to blame for feeding your fighter cans at the end of the day, he is the match maker. There are not many who would deny a fight that they would most likely win. If the finger was pointed at you for crushing, you could just point your finger at the org owner and say 'hey, he's the one who sent the offer, i dont decline fights' make yourself look like the innocent guy ha. I think most of the can crushing happens in QFC's anyway so this would probably just come under a need for a QFC improvement i guess?

5. The hidden idea dissallows you as a manager to dictate how you play and you could get a right cbomb who just wants to fight every 2 weeks no matter what point in his career, thus ruining his skills progression and potentially ruining your gaming experience. We pay for these fighters and we should be able to decide when we want to fight them. The large majority get their guys fighting frequently and sooner than later anyway otherwise the game would just get boring.

These are just my opinions and feedback, not a grilling at all. I just wouldn't like to see this happen if I am honest.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I also spend a long time training my fighters before allowing them to fight, but that is mostly because it is what produces the best fighter, not because it is the most fun. This rule would force us to put our "not ready" guys into the cage against other "not ready" fighters, which would be more fun.

If people really enjoy building projects and don't want to lose that aspect of the game, then don't have the timer start until a guy hits age 19 or 20. The timer could also stop when you are using weight loss/gain supplements in order to change weight classes.

4. The org owner is the one to blame for feeding your fighter cans at the end of the day, he is the match maker. There are not many who would deny a fight that they would most likely win. If the finger was pointed at you for crushing, you could just point your finger at the org owner and say 'hey, he's the one who sent the offer, i dont decline fights' make yourself look like the innocent guy ha. I think most of the can crushing happens in QFC's anyway so this would probably just come under a need for a QFC improvement i guess?

This idea was conceived more to prevent guys who hide in crappy orgs and build up a 20-0 record when clearly their fighter is ready to step up to better competition. You can blame the org owner only if his org has sufficient talent to match up with the guy. However, I can see flaws in the system. If the org owner is being a dick and never offering quality opponents, it really isn't the manager's fault.

5. The hidden idea dissallows you as a manager to dictate how you play and you could get a right cbomb who just wants to fight every 2 weeks no matter what point in his career, thus ruining his skills progression and potentially ruining your gaming experience. We pay for these fighters and we should be able to decide when we want to fight them. The large majority get their guys fighting frequently and sooner than later anyway otherwise the game would just get boring.

You could say this about any hidden. Some people want all strikers, but draw a shitty chin or KO power. They have a choice: either adapt to fit the fighter's nature or cut him.

Perhaps a tickbox at fighter creation for "can tolerate periods of inactivity" would give your fighter a +20 on this hidden, just like the other hiddens, for managers who don't want a guy who likes activity. You could also start the clock at age 19 or 20 if the community was really against the idea of getting rid of projects.

I like this idea simply for the reason that there are a lot of fighters stuck in inactive managers. This means it would violate all of the proposed rules(clothes, training, gym) and they would become FA again. I have had champs(high hype and skills) in my org go inactive and for at least 120 days no one can touch them. If this would change that, I'm all for it.

• Upvote 1

I like this idea simply for the reason that there are a lot of fighters stuck in inactive managers. This means it would violate all of the proposed rules(clothes, training, gym) and they would become FA again. I have had champs(high hype and skills) in my org go inactive and for at least 120 days no one can touch them. If this would change that, I'm all for it.

its not a bad idea but what happens if a manger has accident and cant get online for extended periods of time ?

• Upvote 4

1. The fact that you gotta change your fighters clothes like a child is annoying enough, to have him complain that you haven't changed his diaper is another thing and to sack you after this would just be an outrage. ha.

2. The only reason a fighter wouldn't be in a gym for a long period of time would be because the manager is either an idiot or not online at all. Who would have a fighter and not train him? Mr Jobber back in the day maybe but, thats a very rare case but who would pick one up an untrained fighter from the FA market anyway.

3. I think this is probably your best point here but I still don't rate it. The amount of depop complaints is already a lot and the answer to stop depops is to train other skills more and FIGHT FREQUENTLY so technically that should be enough to get you fighting anyway.

These are just my opinions and feedback, not a grilling at all. I just wouldn't like to see this happen if I am honest.

Actually I have 3 guys like that, thou one awaits to be sacked in a few days. Im just to lazy to fly them back from cities where they fought...

its not a bad idea but what happens if a manger has accident and cant get online for extended periods of time ?

There is this "vacation mode" or whatever thats called, which prevent account for being deleted due to inactivity for 6 months I believe, so that gives some protection

It should take a long time for these things to kick in. Your fighter would only fire you for long term, ongoing neglect. It would be pretty rare for someone to get in an accident that prevented them from going online for months at a time.

Actually I have 3 guys like that, thou one awaits to be sacked in a few days. Im just to lazy to fly them back from cities where they fought...

I stand by my comment then, managers with fighters not in gyms for a long time are idiots lol. But seriously if your too lazy to fly the fighter back to his base city then you'll be too lazy to do this additional stuff nexus has proposed.. It also, means more emails that you cant be bothered with.

• Upvote 2

It won't mean more emails if you actually take care of your fighters.

I should add one piece here. I agree with you that changing clothes is the stupidest and most unnecessary part of this game. I can understand having to buy him clothes, but he should be smart enough to change his clothes without having to ask me to do it for him. I'm just saying that under the current rules, it is our job. If we don't do it, we should get fired.

The whole clothing system should be overhauled though. It really makes no sense. The fighters can't clothe themselves, plus I've never really understood why new clothes make them so happy. These guys are fighters, not high school girls.

The whole clothing system should be overhauled though. It really makes no sense. The fighters can't clothe themselves, plus I've never really understood why new clothes make them so happy. These guys are fighters, not high school girls.

haha exactly

......... There is this "vacation mode" or whatever thats called, which prevent account for being deleted due to inactivity for 6 months I believe, so that gives some protection

What i was getting is what happens if you dont have chance to put things on vaction mode

Well, since I said it should take a long period of neglect before your fighters fire you, it shouldn't be a problem. If you went away on a two week holiday and forgot to set vacation mode, you defnitely shouldn't come back to an empty roster.

If you are talking about prolonged absences of several months without being able to get online, I just don't see that happening very often. Short of falling into a coma or being shipwrecked on a desert island, there really is no situation where you wouldn't have access to the internet for months at a time.

Lol yeah,you get in a wreck or injured on the job and the first thing you're thinking about, if you're thinking at all is "let me set my mmatycoon account to vacation mode"

All you need is Real Life to happen at just the right time and now your fighters have fired your ass... My grandfather and grandmother passed away 2 weeks ago, 5 days apart and i had multiple people message me demanding their release.

I also had a manager message me saying he lost his house... doesn't have internet and doesnt want me to offer him fights until he gets back,hes been out for long ass time.

I also agree about the clothing issue,buy me a new shirt and now my workouts are 300% more productive, i have to change my 3yr old son's shirt, my 31YO Elite wrestling/black belt should know how to put a shirt on if it makes him so damn happy.

As rory said, organizations offer fights not fighters,also many fighters like fighting cans in real life. With this plan, now my 16YO has to go get his ass bussed down by some noob in a qfc just to keep him from firing me.

All in all i dont like this idea

• Upvote 2

Just to clarify, I said that fighters shouldn't fire you unless it has been long term neglect. Being in the hospital for a few weeks shouldn't cause your fighters to fire you.

My dad spent almost a full year in the hospital and had to learn how to walk again. He spent more time online than he ever does now. You have nothing to do in the hospital except dick around online or watch TV. It would have been unreasonable to expect him to log in immediately after his surgery, but asking "log on at some point over the next couple of months" is reasonable in my opinion. If someone opts not to do that, they have clearly decided that there is shit going on in their life that is much more important than this game and they are probably not coming back anyway.

• Downvote 2

I stand by my comment then, managers with fighters not in gyms for a long time are idiots lol. But seriously if your too lazy to fly the fighter back to his base city then you'll be too lazy to do this additional stuff nexus has proposed.. It also, means more emails that you cant be bothered with.

One of them is sparbot anyway and he's the only one for now, so sparring with 1 guy aren't really something I really need right now. Last one...well, he has a fight in 2 or 3 days and he just recovered energy, so wouldn't be much of a training for him anyway. Needed him for short notice fight at my org.

Agree with your points here. If we were to add the Sack Your Manager option then an option for your fighter to choose to retire by himself would also logically be implicated. Game is great as it is and I personally dont see this as an improvement.

Agree with your points here. If we were to add the Sack Your Manager option then an option for your fighter to choose to retire by himself would also logically be implicated. Game is great as it is and I personally dont see this as an improvement.

Fighter retiring on his own would also be a cool idea in my mind, but as you say, everything we have discussed in this thread is fine as it is (except for clothing). While I like talking about ideas like this, and I believe they would add a fun wrinkle to the game, I think Mike does a really good job of choosing to fix the broken things before fixing the things that aren't broken.

"If your fighter goes long periods of time without a fight, he will get upset and email you. If you ignore the emails, he'll fire you. This one would reduce the amount of time people can train project fighters before activating them"

Love this, think this should happen. possibly game time of a year (or 3 months RL) would be great, add more competition instead of having "sleeper" fighters everywhere.