New Era Xtreme: Official Smack Talk thread

NEX LA 12:Dragon Boat Festival

June 20, 2015

King Theatre (5,320)

Los Angeles, California

The Dragon Boats were out on display in Hong Kong today, but it was LA where the real action was. New Era Xtreme had ten slamming matchups taking place at King Theatre.

The main event saw a new champion crowned. Ryu Musashi spent the first round softening Jason Sturd Jr up in the clinch. This slowed Sturd down just enough so that when he threw a head kick in the second round, Musashi was able to counter with a big right hand, followed by an uppercut that turned the lights out on Sturd and his title reign.

In the co-main event, we had what turned out to be mostly a boxing match. Both men decided to stand and throw hands, with John Altare and Ravi Shankoli both getting their fair share of licks in. In the end, Shankoli did a little bit more in each of the three rounds and took home a unanimous decision win that puts him in prime position to get back the belt he lost last time out.

In other main card action, Belle Sebastian won again. That's 3 out of 4, with the only loss being to our new champion Musashi. Tyrone Boone continues to alternate between wins and losses. He's hoping to stay relevant in the title picture his next time out. Tetsuya Shiroo and Big Dick engaged in three rounds of impressive striking. Dick looked to have the edge, but Shiroo bounced back in the second half of the fight to take the decision in the most exciting fight of the night. Flash Gordon showed that he has new life in a new org and with new management. His first round KO of Dong Uk shows that he has turned a corner and is ready to make a charge up the rankings.

As for the OTN awards:

KO of the night: Gil Mills landed two big head kicks in 37 seconds

Sub of the night: Lucifer Palhares pulled guard and quickly tapped out his opponent

Fight of the night: Tetsuya Shiroo vs Big Dick saw two men stand and trade for 15 minutes

Here are the updated rankings:

NEX Lightweight Division (155 lb limit)

Champion: Chance Spong

1. Viavao Kaho --

2. Mason Graham --

3. Fabricio Valakas --

4. Vincent Oketch --

5. Yong Wright --

6. Mack Daddy --

7. Walter Dunham --

6. Matsui Takamatsu --

9. Dominic Fortune --

10. Chris Smith --

NEX Welterweight Division (170 lb limit)

Champion: De Bruyne

1. Donato Bilancia --

2. Sean Avery --

3. Chiku Maneno --

4. Terry Akki --

5. Hendo Riggs --

6. Daario Naharis --

7. Randall Wickam --

8. John Lloyd --

9. Saif Rasheed --

10. Cain Mcgregor --

NEX Middleweight Division (185 lb limit)

Champion: Ryu Musashi

1. Pekka Kindmark +2

2. Jason Sturd Jr -2

3. Wendel Clark -1

4. Belle Sebastian +2

5 Flash Gordon NR

6. Tyrone Boone -2

7. Dong Uk -2

8. Ivar Ragnarsson -1

9. Robert Archer -1

10. Carlos Diego -1

NEX Light Heavyweight Division (205 lb limit)

Champion: Strategos Themistokles

1. Ravi Shankoli --

2. Alexander Emelianenko +1

3. John Altare -1

4. Ivan Kuznetsov --

5. Akihiko Yamato --

6. Lance Bishop --

7. Bjorn Borg --

8. Rui Rodrigo Germano --

9. Bjorn Ragnarsson --

10. Hone Huia --

NEX Heavyweight Division (265 lb limit)

Champion: Stu Grimson

1. Nick Fjera --

2. Tetsuya Shiroo --

3. King Kong --

4. Robbie Luatua --

5. Pablo Escobar --

6. Taw DawTang --

7. Merkan Killmaz --

8. Kyz Metamoris --

9. Duncan The Tall --

10. Sven Kristian Nielsen --

• Upvote 1

Big announcment, guys. Our first 3.5 Star title fight has been booked. In the welterweight division, we will see five rounds of action to crown the first 3.5 Star title holder. The big matchup is...

Donato Bilancia vs Sean Avery

NEX Hilo 35: 4th of July

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16b2.jpghttp://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/14174386171404127501nexlogo.jpghttp://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14289186341095.jpg

Both of these welterweight warriors have won four of their last five bouts, and both have competed unsuccessfully for a title before. Which man will make the most of his second chance, and which will be left wondering what he needs to do to win on the big stage?

• Upvote 2

Once Flash beats the brakes off Junior he's coming for Musashi.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14114052226154.gif

Ryu "Usami" Musashi

Your first fight at the org was nothing special, a KO over a glass chin opponent, so you'll have to do more to impress the people. But hey, whenever the matchmaker thinks you are ready, he can send the offer and I'll sign. Good luck with your upcoming fights and who knows, you might earn to step into the octagon with me one day.

I relayed your silly, uneducated opinion to Flash and he's still laughing. Obviously his opponent (who was ranked 5th at the time) was an Asian can and a terrible scrub. Luckily that description also applies to the 185 lbs champion.

I relayed your silly, uneducated opinion to Flash and he's still laughing. Obviously his opponent (who was ranked 5th at the time) was an Asian can and a terrible scrub. Luckily that description also applies to the 185 lbs champion.

Ryu "Usami" Musashi

If you can work your way to the top , or talk your way into the title fight, you'll find out if I'm a terrible Asian scrub or not.

Ah, to be honest, I'm happy that the entire org isn't shy like it seemed so far, so good to see that there is another fighter who can open his mouth before I shut it.

Ryu "Usami" Musashi

If you can work your way to the top , or talk your way into the title fight, you'll find out if I'm a terrible Asian scrub or not.

Ah, to be honest, I'm happy that the entire org isn't shy like it seemed so far, so good to see that there is another fighter who can open his mouth before I shut it.

We are hearing rumours of an ID removal and some guy named Ryu who has been doing a lot of chirping, I have a MW who may just have already worked his way to the top and would love at shot at you!

We are hearing rumours of an ID removal and some guy named Ryu who has been doing a lot of chirping, I have a MW who may just have already worked his way to the top and would love at shot at you!

Ryu "Usami" Musashi

I hope the id restriction isn't gone, but since I'm the champ, I'll fight the biggest badass that is worty of the shot according to the org owner.

Just to clarify for everyone: this has not become an unrestricted org. We simply switched the restriction from an ID restriction to a skill restriction. That skill restriction is 4.5 stars. We also created a 3.5 star belt for the guys who don't have lightning fast learning speed so they can compete for a title during their development.

For those of you who haven't been involved in running an org before, every fighter has a star rating out of 5 that is visible only to org owners. This is based on primaries, secondaries, and physicals and helps make fair fights better than simply looking at primaries.

The reason for this: an ID restriction works well in an org's early days, but because of differences in learning speeds, the gap between the fast, average, and slow learners gets bigger and bigger as time goes by. At this point in our org's development, the ID restriction was essentially broken and some divisions had fighters without any worthy competition.

The most common way to deal with this problem is to lower the ID restriction, but that just makes the problem worse. It results in even more overdeveloped guys coming into the org. Instead, Using a star cap means that beasts are blocked from joining the org. Guys with elite primaries will be 5 star fights and not eligible to join, but low ID guys who have skills that match our current fighters are welcome to join.

Rest easy, guys. This is not a sinister plan to bring in beasts. I don't want beasts in this org any more than you do. It makes the matchmaking too difficult. Trust in the new system. It will give you more fair matchups, more variety, and more shots at a title. As always, if you are unhappy with a fight offer, you can decline it and tell me why.

Good luck and enjoy what should be a much better org experience.

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14342652981205.gif

Sven Kristian "The Viking" Nielsen (252272)

"The last night, was good night for me, for sure. I went into the cage calm and confident. I remained focused and constantly scored point after point. It was victory won in cold blood. Mr Anywhere was very predictable, but I'm upset how he came out to this fight when standing. It was obvious that he didn't want to stay on the ground for too long, but he did good job over there. But he also has shown lack of respect to both of us with those head kick attempts. Did he think that he can take the win so easy or maybe he didn't believe in himself so much? Anyway, we gave pretty solid show for casual MMA fan, and great feast for those, who love to see grappling on world class level, so I'm glad about this. At the end, I would like to thank all my Fans around the World, as they are doing great job, and it really gives positive kick to me. Now I'm going to Phuket, Thailand on scheduled some time ago training camp, so I will have little break from fighting, but I'm sure that it will pay off and I will come back even stronger and better. Thank You."

• Upvote 1

Will we get a list of who is in what skill division based on your star system?

It isn't MY star system. It is the Tycoon star system. It just isn't made available to anyone except org staff. Making a list of everyone's star rating is an interesting idea and I'll consider doing this in the future. My internet is still not sorted, so I have spotty access right now, but that is a good idea for the future.

The same goes for event reviews and updated rankings. Once internet is set up in my new apartment, I'll get back to doing that again as well.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/37/37w47.jpg

Salvatore "Napoletano" Pellegrini (5-5)

I would like to make statement, to make situation clear. I just got fight offer of rematch against Lewis Rampage, as short notice fight at NEX Vegas 2 (Las Vegas) . That's okay with me, things like that were never a problem for me- if you want to fight, you want to fight, period. But for this moment I'm at training camp in Curitiba, Brazil. I would like to continue developing as mixed martial artist and that's the way You move forward in this sport. But I also have a lot of respect for opponent and NEX owner, so to say it short: if it will be really needed, I can stop training camp and appear in Las Vegas to fight 'Mad Dog' Rampage. I'm waiting for response from NEX headquarters about this actually.

Sorry I haven't been prompt on this. Not having internet access at home has been a bitch. Don't worry about the short notice fight. I'm accepting that the org will lose some hype due to underbooked cards, but it shouldn't be a problem. It only takes a few events to get the hype back. I move into the new place tomorrow, so hopefully internet will be up and running there soon.

Sorry I haven't been prompt on this. Not having internet access at home has been a bitch. Don't worry about the short notice fight. I'm accepting that the org will lose some hype due to underbooked cards, but it shouldn't be a problem. It only takes a few events to get the hype back. I move into the new place tomorrow, so hopefully internet will be up and running there soon.

ok, but it's better to not go back with hype. if there is need to fill the card, Pellegrini is ready to face Lewis Rampage, just resend fight offer then ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, my apologies for the long period of inactivity. Now that I'm back, things should pick up.

We're going to really get the 3.5 star and under belts going. On the rankings below, I have marked fighters eligible for the 3.5 star belt with an asterisk to give you an idea of every fighter's level. Currently, the majority of fighters are eligible, but that will change as you guys develop.

Here are the updated rankings:

NEX Lightweight Division (155 lb limit)

Champion: Chance Spong

1. Vincent Oketch

2. Fabricio Valakas*

3. Viavao Kaho*

4. Mason Graham*

5. Mack Daddy*

6. Yong Wright*

7. Dominic Fortune*

8. Uthe Haas

9. Matsui Takamatsu*

10. Tappy Gilmore *

NEX Welterweight Division (170 lb limit)

Champion: De Bruyne

1. Donato Bilancia *

2. Sean Avery *

3. Chiku Maneno *

4. Terry Akki *

5. Hendo Riggs

6. Daario Naharis *

7. Saif Rasheed *

8. Randall Wickam *

9. John Lloyd *

10. Lucifer Palhares *

NEX Middleweight Division (185 lb limit)

Champion: Ryu Musashi

1 Flash Gordon

2. Wendel Clark *

3. Pekka Kindmark *

4. Dong Uk *

5. Jason Sturd Jr *

6. Tyrone Boone *

7. Arthur Halo *

8. Belle Sebastian *

9. Ivar Ragnarsson

10. Carlos Diego *

NEX Light Heavyweight Division (205 lb limit)

Champion: Strategos Themistokles

1. Ravi Shankoli *

2. Al Hallick

3. John Altare *

4. Alexander Emelianenko *

5. Akihiko Yamato

6. Ivan Kuznetsov *

7. Rui Rodrigo Germano *

8. Lance Bishop *

9. Bjorn Ragnarsson

10. Bjorn Borg *

NEX Heavyweight Division (265 lb limit)

Champion: Stu Grimson *

1. Nick Fjera

2. Tetsuya Shiroo

3. Merkan Killmaz *

4. Taw DawTang *

5. Robbie Luatua

6. King Kong *

7. Sven Kristian Nielsen *

8. Kyz Metamoris *

9. Duncan The Tall *

10. Josip Pavic *

• Upvote 1

WIsh I had some fighters strong enough to be a part of this org again. Was my fave (and my first title) before I left last time

Don't worry about not being strong enough. With the new 3.5 star and under belt that is coming in soon, there will always be something for newer fighters to work towards since the current crop will eventually become too good to hold that belt.