Anderson Silva's next fight

Rambo

Who should Anderson Silva fight next?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Anderson Silva's next fight should be...

• Winner of Machida vs Shogun
    • Wanderlei Silva
    • Rampage or Rashad
    • George St Pierre
    • Loser of Machida vs Shogun
    • Tito Ortiz
    • Yushin Okami
    • Dan Henderson II
    • Other

Winner of Machida vs Shogun: Not yet. I think One More win against a big guy and then gettin a title shot could happen-Dana first need's to gain access to Lyoto or Silva's family, as taking them hostage is aboot the only way he'll be able to make them fight.Note my unwillingness to entertain the possibility of Shogun winning

Wanderlei Silva: I would like to see that coz maybe an ass whoopin from Anderson will wake Wanderlei up. Hes doing pretty bad lately. loses to Rampage and Franklin.If spider & Wandy fight I see 15-20 minutes elapsing before Wand wakes up :sad01_anim:

Rampage or Rashad: Winner of that match to fight Silva and winner gets Machida/Rua.Agreed.If Rashad beats Rampage he's improved dramatically and deserves a contender.At this point Jackson is the only LH outside of Lyoto who I think MAY put up a fight, if he throws with a variety of combos, & uses takedowns/gnp.I don't see that either as his only KOs since becoming a boxer by trade have been counters.In all likelyhood,Silva will let Jackson take the lead & the countering will snowball until Rampage is done

George St Pierre: With GSPs current form i think it would be a good fight. but if they would make it a title match i dont think it would go 5 rounds. it would end with KONot sure if it will happen though if it does it'd give George a better chance than most MWs.Certainly won't happen anytime soon

Loser of Machida vs Shogun: I think either that or winner of Rampage vs Evans match should face Anderson. and if Anderson would win any of these matches he would get a title shot-Will he fight Shogun?I know Wand & him are no longer friends but how aboot Rua

Tito Ortiz: Very Possible. And who wouldnt like to see Tito gettin beat up by Silva ?He might fair better than some might think.He knows he's a wrestler & will go for broke looking for takedowns/gnp.Eventually Anderson is rewarded or stalling & gets the standup-KO

Yushin Okami: It could be a good fight.see Tito answer, only quicker.If Swick can put Yushin on queer st than... :suicide_anim:

Dan Henderson II: I would put Hendo in one more match.Boring waste.He cant't pass gaurd and haley's comet already landed on Bisping, it'll be a long time before he lands another big right-and never on the spider

Other: Vitor Belfor or winner of Maia vs Merquard fight. coz the situation here is pretty much same as it is with GSP. Anderson beat all the big guys in MW. so whos there left to beat ?-Belfort:flake w/fragile psyche & no chance.Winner M/M:either would be worthy, if Maia can survive long enough to get a takedown that could be really interesting.

Also, I find quite ironic the clown who called Serra a retard doesn't know the difference between their & THEY'RE.

Also, I find quite ironic the clown who called Serra a retard doesn't know the difference between their & THEY'RE.

who the fuck cares if he dosen't know the difference between their and they're its a fuckin MMA forum not a fuckin grammer class and Serra is retarded and so are you

WOW! You actually spelled "grammar" wrong... :D And to think you get to call people retards. Sad...

soooooorry but still same thing i said to the guy i wrote that post to ...who the fuck cares this is an mma forum you dumb latvian fuck like who the fuck cares just go and fuckin :suicide_anim: you fat friend-less fuck

...Wow.

...Wow.

...Wow.

Mike Tyson was far more past his prime than Roy Jones Jr is now. Hell, he was more past his prime than fucking Ken Shamrock. Tyson had faced and demolished fighters just as tall as Lewis, but he's became an absolute mess in the ring since getting rid of everyone that led him to that first championship. More than anything else, I always remembered the look in his eyes as he came to the ring and he looked HEAVILY medicated. Mike Tyson in his prime, physical and mental (boxing wise, anyways) would've fucking crushed Lewis. He clearly wasn't the same guy by 1996, nevermind 6 years after that. If GSP got Silva on the ground, he'd pound him out into a nice, slick paste.

I love Tyson. I think Tyson in his prime would destroy Ali (and any boxer on his good day), it's two different era's, completely different animal than Ali, it's like taking Ladanian Tomlinson and throwing him back in the 50's or 60's. BUT I was just using a perfect example of a distinct reach advantage that almost anybody that watches sports can recall. Not the best comparison for an MMA fight, but it's what I went with.

IF. GSP got Anderson on the ground and tried anything but holding him down with all his little canadian might, he'd prolly catch an upkick and get KO'd like Okami.

I love Tyson. I think Tyson in his prime would destroy Ali (and any boxer on his good day), it's two different era's, completely different animal than Ali, it's like taking Ladanian Tomlinson and throwing him back in the 50's or 60's. BUT I was just using a perfect example of a distinct reach advantage that almost anybody that watches sports can recall. Not the best comparison for an MMA fight, but it's what I went with
http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

With Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson you're arguably talking about the number one and two all-time boxers when in their prime. Era has nothing to do with it when you're talking about a once in generation level of talent. The NFL in the 50 and 60s doesn't even come close. The money isn't even an 1/8 of what it is now and was mainly composed with white players as opposed to them being the minority now.

IF. GSP got Anderson on the ground and tried anything but holding him down with all his little canadian might, he'd prolly catch an upkick and get KO'd like Okami.
Yeah, because GSP's been knocked out cold all of... wait a minute... Oh, yes, never.

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

With Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson you're arguably talking about the number one and two all-time boxers when in their prime. Era has nothing to do with it when you're talking about a once in generation level of talent. The NFL in the 50 and 60s doesn't even come close. The money isn't even an 1/8 of what it is now and was mainly composed with white players as opposed to them being the minority now.

Yeah, because GSP's been knocked out cold all of... wait a minute... Oh, yes, never.

Matt Serra did a good job knocking the gears in GSP's head around. If 155 lb Matt Serra can do, 205 lb Anderson Silva can.

And if Ali grew up in our era today, he would of been cut up and jacked like a superhero. The supplements, nutritions, food dieting, work out equipment, gyms, you name it, it's all updated and far more advanced then when Ali was around. I don't see your point mentioning the money? What they were getting paid doesn't have anything to do with well, anything.

Over on Sherdog some people are calling for Silva to face Brock. It would be a spectacle for sure.

Either Silva would time a perfect shot to Brock Lesnar's nose and break his orbital bone and make him cry or Brock tackles him, pins him down, and pounds his face til a ref stops it for him not intelligently defending himself.

Matt Serra did a good job knocking the gears in GSP's head around. If 155 lb Matt Serra can do, 205 lb Anderson Silva can.
...WHAT. THE. FUCK?!

1. Wow, I never knew Matt Serra KOed Georges St. Pierre to win the UFC Lightweight Championship. Did anyone else see that fight?

2. You say Georges St. Pierre would be rendered unconscious by an upkick. He's never been rendered unconscious. Against Serra, he got rocked (several of those shots landed on the back of his head, mind you) and couldn't intelligently defend himself. That's called a TECHNICAL Knock Out. GSP also had a lot of personal issues at the time and wasn't focused. Serra's TKO that included illegal strikes and fortunate circumstances doesn't mean Silva would win by KO with a clean shot.

And if Ali grew up in our era today, he would of been cut up and jacked like a superhero. The supplements, nutritions, food dieting, work out equipment, gyms, you name it, it's all updated and far more advanced then when Ali was around. I don't see your point mentioning the money? What they were getting paid doesn't have anything to do with well, anything.
By that logic, the Heavyweight division in Boxing should have some super bad-ass, Rocky Balboa/Ivan Drago-hybrid motherfuckers. In actuality, the division is an embarrassment for the sport right now.

Cash. Rules. Everything. Around. Me.

That's what money has to do with it. What do you think pays for all the stuff you just mentioned, carrots? Football did not bring in anywhere near the kind of money it does now. The average was about 10-25K. That means less people going to college to be athletic trainers, less college graduates using football as their primary profession, and football players actually needing off-season jobs to support their families. Players have been able to dedicate themselves far more to the sport due to the money increase.

...WHAT. THE. FUCK?!

1. Wow, I never knew Matt Serra KOed Georges St. Pierre to win the UFC Lightweight Championship. Did anyone else see that fight?

2. You say Georges St. Pierre would be rendered unconscious by an upkick. He's never been rendered unconscious. Against Serra, he got rocked (several of those shots landed on the back of his head, mind you) and couldn't intelligently defend himself. That's called a TECHNICAL Knock Out. GSP also had a lot of personal issues at the time and wasn't focused. Serra's TKO that included illegal strikes and fortunate circumstances doesn't mean Silva would win by KO with a clean shot.

Matt Serra could cut to 155. Please tell me where I said Matt Serra KOed Georges St. Pierre to win the UFC Lightweight Championship.. wait.. I didn't, did I? My point was a guy who can cut 50 lbs under Anderson Silva rattled GSP. And I know wtf a technical knock out is. And personal issues, illegal strikes? Hell GSP didn't shave his chest hair that morning what else? You're making up excuses for his loss. Stop nuthugging and face it and accept it, GSP got his ass beat by Matt Serra and he would get DESTROYED by Silva. The upkick you took personal and up the ass, as I was slightly being sarcastic. For one, upkicks are illegal. Silva mighta learned his lesson on that one after bein DQ'd vs Okami.

By that logic, the Heavyweight division in Boxing should have some super bad-ass, Rocky Balboa/Ivan Drago-hybrid motherfuckers. In actuality, the division is an embarrassment for the sport right now.

Cash. Rules. Everything. Around. Me.

That's what money has to do with it. What do you think pays for all the stuff you just mentioned, carrots? Football did not bring in anywhere near the kind of money it does now. The average was about 10-25K. That means less people going to college to be athletic trainers, less college graduates using football as their primary profession, and football players actually needing off-season jobs to support their families. Players have been able to dedicate themselves far more to the sport due to the money increase.

Irrelevant?

Most the super freak athletic heavyweight people are fighting MMA not boxing. Money existed back then, but the methods and technology did not. The difference between sports (all sports) now and then, is the technology in science. You ever see kid Hercules? You tellin me there were kids walking around like that in the 60's and 70's? Nah, cuz the vitamins and minerals and all that shit we have today didn't exist.

And that last part only proves my point. Athletes are a different breed today then they were back then because of this.

For one, upkicks are illegal. Silva mighta learned his lesson on that one after bein DQ'd vs Okami.

im pretty sure they are not illegal, as long as the receiving fighter is standing .. if hes on his knees (like Okami was) the normal "no kicks/knees to the head on a grounded opponent" comes into play.

i'd actually like to see the loser of ramppage vs rashad vs a.silva either way it would be challenging for ando and would be more interesting to see then any MW that are currently top contenders in the ufc