GAMMA: The Kids of MMA - Official Smack Talk Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Las Vegas Contenders #77 and #78

Over the weekend, the Las Vegas Contenders org switched hands and it is now led by Ryan Maile, who used to run TKOMMA. The Contenders org had is last two events on Saturday and will now be GAMMA-The Kid of MMA as it focuses on the youth of todays MMA. Anyway I am her to write the reviews for the LVC#77and #78 as they took place over the weekend and I will cover 5 fights from each of the events.

LVC#77

Kenny “KenFlo” Florian vs. "Crazy Ass Outback Timmy" Tim Bucktoo 145lbs

This certainly was not the most eventful of fights as Florian secured 3 takedowns, one in each round within the opening minute of each. Florian held top position throughout and worked in some nice transitions and ground strikes but they weren’t all too damaging. Bucktoo could not stay upright ad he got over zealous in his striking allowing Florian to counter his wild strikes easily into takedowns. The end came in round 3 when Florian latched on to a tight anaconda choke, Bucktoo did not have time to tap before his face was purple and he went unconscious. A good submission win for Florian but he needs to show a but more before he can be considered a serious contender.

Result: Florian via submission (anaconda choke)

Gary “Bones” Hayes vs. Pope Fish 205lbs

This fight was a beat down, for three rounds Fish showed excellent striking technique and Hayes had trouble landing his punches. How Hayes survived until the final bell I do not know. Round 1 Fish comes out landing kicks to the legs and body whilst scoring brutal body shots and some nice straight punches. Hayes was cut and wobbling everywhere towards the end of the round. Round 2 and 3 were more of the same with Hayes having nothing for Fish, as Fish continually beat his opponent to the punch and kick. It was a comfortable decision win for Fish but one thing to consider is that he landed so many punches yet he couldn’t put his man down, he should worry about his lack of power leaving his man to the last minute can be dangerous or Hayes has a chin and the heart of a steel giant.

Result: Fish via UD (30:26 30:26 30:26)

Magestico "Son Of Ape" Garuntasticos vs. Scott "The Biology Teacher" Voss 205lbs

This promised to be a good ground fight with both men possessing a brown belt in BJJ. Voss came out and secured a takedown after eating a body shot and worked tirelessly for a submission but Garuntasticos’ defence was stellar. Garuntasticos hit the sweep and got Voss’ back and landed some horrid ground and pound as he opened a cut on Voss, Voss got the standup. After a failed takedown from Voss ended in the clinch Garuntasticos hit a trip to land on top, he dropped back on Voss’ leg and after both tried for a kneebar, Garuntasticos was in tighter and Voss leg went the wrong way and he broke down in pain after tapping.

Result : Garuntasticos via submission (kneebar)

Bison Bradley vs. Bobby Brady 265+lbs

When big men like these two gentlemen fight, two things can happen, a quick finish or a long drawn out fight where each man carries the others weight and the fight gets sloppy. This was the latter. After a first round where Bradley got the upper hand by ragdolling his opponent in the clinch and cutting him open, once on the floor both were content to wait for a ref stand up. After the first round both were breathing heavily, in which Bradley managed to sweep his opponent, and continues to lay on top of Brady doing next to nothing. However, round 3 after Bradley hit a takedown and again Brady held on for a ref stoppage, Bradley started to land a few good punches, after one hammer of a right hand, Brady went down and landed a few more shots and the ref called the fight.

Result: Bradley via TKO(strikes)

Randolph “The Legend” Turpin vs. Fat Gorrila 265+lbs

This was a very high paced bout for two big men, as for 3 rounds both exchanged some heavy leather. In round 1, Gorrila looked to be winning the striking battle and then moved into a clinch position, he proceded to cut open his opponent and work him over with short, sharp punches inside the clinch. Turpin broke the clinch too late on to do anything significant to win the round. Rounds 2 and 3 were basically rinse and repeat for Gorrila as he worked over his opponent standing then moved into the clinch where he held a massive advantage and battered him on the inside. An easy win for Gorrila in a match he dominated.

Result: Gorrila via UD (30:27)

LVC#78

Sahak "Toro" Torosian vs. David "Ncaa Champion" Taylor 170lbs

14 seconds was all it took for Torosian to dispatch of his opponent, as he landed a combo that dropped him then after sprawling from a desperate takedown attempt he landed another combo that landed right left right, straight on the button and put Taylor to sleep. Very high speed power striking displayed by Torosian.

Result: Torosian via KO (punches)

Wilson Reis vs. Brock "Candy Bar Of Death" Snickers 170lbs

For three round the fight was very even, at the end of it blood was pouring out of both men. Snickers employed a kick heavy strategy landing over 30 kicks to all areas of his opponent and landed the occasional punch. Reis looked for the head constantly with his punches, sometimes dropping low to the body to try to set up a head punch. However after 3 rounds, the decision was awarded to Snickers for landing the more shots.

Result: Snicker via UD (30:27)

Kenny Clack vs Ken Shamrock 185lbs

A very sloppy fight. Standing, they winged punches with the occasional few actually landing and towards the end of each round Clack landed a takedown. In round 2 after a similar round, Clack landed the takedown and secured a lightning fast kimura and Shamrock had to tap.

Result: Clack via submission (kimura)

Genghis “The Mongoloid” Khan vs. Point Fighter 170lbs

This was a very good, high paced grappling match. Neither fighter really wanted to stand as they repeatedly clinched. Khan had the better takedowns in the fight but the slick ground game of Fighter was better as he got the better transition and the better ground and pound. Both guys tried for numerous submission attempts but neither could do anything. In the end the first 2 round were scored for Fighter and the final one for Khan.

Result: Fighter via UD (29:28)

"Dimebag" Taisto Rahapussi vs. "Casanova" Teo Christofi 185lbs

Rahapussi was comfortably winning the stand up portions of this fight but the wrestling of Christofi managed to get him a takedown in round 1. After Rahapussi went for submission after submission in round 1 he eventually took Christofi’s back. Christofi showed good defence but not a very good offensive arsenal. Round 2 was similar as Rahapussi outstruck his opponent, and stuffed all his remaining takedowns. One of the takedown ended up in a clinch position and Rahapussi pulled guard. Again he worked for constant submissions, one of them he switched from a triangle to an armbar and forced the tap.

Result: Rahapussi via submission (armbar)

Well folks that’s all from me for the time being but I will be working with the new owner, Ryan, and I will continue to preview and review all events. I hope you enjoyed this one and until net time

Michael “The Wolf” Brakeley

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/29/29w12.jpg

Harold "Hazel Hal" Stone

Congrat MacGyver. After a stunning 5-0 start , i thought i was ready to step it up in competition. I trained as hard as i could to keep my undefeated streak but you were too good.

I'm gonna take a bit of a break and train my skills up. I got caught in your clinch and couldn't find a way out. It won't happen again.