Remove Travelling From The Game

So, I just noticed a big fight I have tonight is probably gonna be an NC due to my opponent's manager bumblefucking off to the wrong city.

Why is flying even a part of the game? It adds absolutely nothing except frustration and more work. It's not fun, it's not skill based and it's just a waste of time.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

I half agree. Its annoying having to do it but so are other things such as changing fighters clothes etc.

Also mike has obviously put a load of time into tge flights so just to completley remove them would imo be wasted time on mikes behalf

I don't see how time spent on something silly is really relevant. If he had spent 200 hours implementing party hats of different colors and made your fighter wear one with a corresponding color to the city and arena size he was fighting in, that wouldn't make it any less stupid.

• Upvote 2

It's realistic. This is an MMA fighter management simulation game. You don't just magically appear in another city in real life.

Plus if he removed travelling, he'll have to remove private jets as well because they wont be needed any more.

When realism gets in the way of gameplay it should go. If we're gonna go all-out on realism random deaths, injuries and your fighter catching HIV from going bareback on a prostitute should all be part of the game. That and managers shouldn't be able to dig up 18 year old prospects with no fights from the jungles of Myanmar anymore. If we're gonna be that rigid about it we might as well implement some kind of scouting service that lets us pick up a limited group of randomly generated characters instead.

Do you see how shitty the 'realism' argument is yet or should I keep going?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A fighter boards a plane with 100% energy and loses 5 points of energy once he lands, despite getting a rest session during a long flight, however that rest sessions gets nullified due to the flight affecting the fighter only once he exits the plane.

Not very realistic.

The times? A 17 hour flight would be like a week-long RL flight. Why?

I have a stupid, lazy fighter and yet he shows up for every session I tell him to show up for? Why?

My fighter has been savagely knocked out 16 times in a row and has no say in when to retire. Why?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If we're gonna go all-out on realism random deaths, injuries and your fighter catching HIV from going bareback on a prostitute should all be part of the game. That and managers shouldn't be able to dig up 18 year old prospects with no fights from the jungles of Myanmar anymore. If we're gonna be that rigid about it we might as well implement some kind of scouting service that lets us pick up a limited group of randomly generated characters instead.

Take a look at Football Manager, it's another simulation game and it has none of the silly things that you suggested at the start of this post.

I agree with the fact that it'd be more realistic if you could only approach randomly generated fighters who would fight at local MMA circuits and if I'm honest it would be a weird approach to the game but would be interesting to see how it would turn out.

Like consider that the only way you can judge a fighter is by looking at his fights and his primary stats, if you make a bad call you could attempt to train him up, perhaps you might make a good call with someone having really good secondary stats but shitty primaries.

Though I'm probably one of the only ones who would like that because I'm a big fan of FM :D

Sure. Sitting in cramped seats (or massage beds), being subjected to turbulence, jet noise, newborns screaming bloody murder is all gravy and has no impact whatsoever. Once you step off the plane it all hits you like a ton of bricks.

I think it's hard for Mike to implement it so that over time in the journey your fighter gradually loses energy. It's like the same as fights, you don't see that your fight has lost any energy until the fight has finished.

When I can't be bothered to book a flight, it books an Auto-Flight for me.

It means you can't just be lazy in the game, you have to actually book the flight so your fighter is there when he needs to be.

Regarding the whole, if we are gonna be realistic, may as well make everything realistic. How would new players feel if they got horrible fighters? They wouldn't be motivated to keep playing the game.

It is basically the best scenario for making it realistic, while keeping it entertaining for players.

• Upvote 2

When realism gets in the way of gameplay it should go. If we're gonna go all-out on realism random deaths, injuries and your fighter catching HIV from going bareback on a prostitute should all be part of the game. That and managers shouldn't be able to dig up 18 year old prospects with no fights from the jungles of Myanmar anymore. If we're gonna be that rigid about it we might as well implement some kind of scouting service that lets us pick up a limited group of randomly generated characters instead.

Oh wow I lost it, that was a great line Manne. With that being said I would like to see changes to the flight system. I had mentioned in another thread I would like to see instant transpertation for someone who does not book a flight or heads off to the wrong city. A big energy and morale should be the penelty for it. Get rid of the auto flight and make the managers scheldue their own flights and penlize the ones who do it wrong. I have yet to cause a NC and I fight all over the world with everyone of my fighters based in Helsinki. I would be pissed if I took the 12 hour flight to tokoyo and lost out on training sessions when some other idiot flew to st pete instead. My fighter losses the money he paid for the flight, dosnt get to fight and misses out on training becasue someone else dosnt know what they are doing is terriable.

• Downvote 1

So, I just noticed a big fight I have tonight is probably gonna be an NC due to my opponent's manager bumblefucking off to the wrong city.

Why is flying even a part of the game? It adds absolutely nothing except frustration and more work. It's not fun, it's not skill based and it's just a waste of time.

I understand your point, but I wouldn't say it adds nothing. At a minimum, there is the fantasy value of traveling to get to your fight in another part of the world. Is it enough to justify the hassle? That is up to each individual user to decide.

Personally, I think the system works pretty well. Someone who plans ahead either books a private jet or arrives ahead of time to enter the fight fully rested. Lazy fucks rely on autoflight and enter their fights at a disadvantage.

It is possible to cause a NC, but you have to actually TRY to do it by flying to the wrong city. I've proposed in the past that if a manager fails to book a flight for his fighter, the fighter should do it himself, but arrive at the last second with a huge energy penalty. The stress of arranging a last minute flight without the help of his manager and arriving just minutes before the fight would take a lot out of him, but he should ALWAYS make it to the actual fight.

• Upvote 1

It's realistic. This is an MMA fighter management simulation game. You don't just magically appear in another city in real life.

Plus if he removed travelling, he'll have to remove private jets as well because they wont be needed any more.

It's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen implemented in any game, ever.

I was going to say something along those lines. Realism has nothing to do with it. Fighters suffer career ending injuries all the time. Should we add that to the game too?

Take a look at Football Manager, it's another simulation game and it has none of the silly things that you suggested at the start of this post.

Do you have to fly your football team to the games, or make sure the entire team gets on the bus?

It's easy to book a flight to make sure you're in the correct location for the fight, if you can't be bother booking flights, just fight in the city where your fighter trains. Problem solved.

This argument doesn't make sense when the other fighter screwed the fight. Not Manne. Manne did fly to the right location and the problem isn't solved.