Next TWGC Division

Next TWGC Weightclass  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Next TWGC Weightclass

Lockdown, I was just taking it from what someone else posted. If we can describe it in terms of our game positions and what score you would get, then I'll implement what you are saying. So let's take each position and describe points scored from moving to each other position.

Takedown to xposition = xpoints.

Someone has your back- to xposition=x points

Mounted - to

Side Control Bottom -

Half Guard Bottom - to

Guard Bottom - to

Guard Top - to

Half Guard Top - to

Side Top - to

Mount Top to Back taken (x points)

Someone has your back - No points for escaping or reversing (into guard) back mount

Mounted - No points for escaping or getting a reversal from mount

Side Control Bottom - No points for escaping or getting a reversal from side control bottom

Half Guard Bottom - 2 points to Half Guard Top

- 2 points to Full Guard Top

- 2 points to Mount Top

- 2 points to Side Control Top

Guard Bottom - 2 points to Half Guard Top

- 2 points to Side Control Top

- 2 points to Guard Top

- GUARD BOTTOM TO MOUNT - I'm honestly unsure of this one, I'll have to ask around. I think it's either you get only 4 points for the mount or only 2 points for the sweep

Guard Top - 3 points to Side Control

Half Guard Top - 3 points to Side Control

Side Control Top - 4 points to Mount

- 4 points to Back Mount

Mount - 4 points to Back Mount

I think that's accurate but I honestly can't remember the points you get from Guard Bottom ---> Mount. I'll see if I can find out

• Upvote 1

Lockdown where did you get this scoring from?

standard IBJJF rules, which suck by the way. I've been DQ'd before lol

Basically it's this

2 points takedown

3 points pass guard

2 points sweep, which has to happen from half guard or guard bottom

4 points back

4 points mount

reversals are not rewarded with points

• Upvote 1

145. I'd like faster guys to compete especially in Grappling. You will see the 205'ers lose against 135'ers because the system makes lighter guys faster (faster takedowns and counters) and bigger guys get their KO power enhanced. Takedowns = points, so... Where will you use KO power in grappling? :)

At grappling comps in Scotland if you tap someone they immediately challenge you to a 'square go' outside which is where KO power comes in handy.

standard IBJJF rules, which suck by the way. I've been DQ'd before lol

Basically it's this

2 points takedown

3 points pass guard

2 points sweep, which has to happen from half guard or guard bottom

4 points back

4 points mount

reversals are not rewarded with points

Thanks for sharing them! :) How did you get DQ'd out of interest? lol

Hey Mike where are you getting this scoring system from?

This is what you have posted

• Passing the guard = 3 points

• Mount position = 2 points

• Back mount with hooks = 3 points

• Takedown (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points

• Clean Takedown (ends passed the guard) = 4 points

• Sweeps (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points

• Clean Sweep (ends passed the guard) = 4 points

To clarify..

- A mount is actually 4 points

- Back mount with hooks is actually 4 points

- Takedowns are 2 points regardless what position you land in

- "Clean Sweep" sounds like a reversal to me. There is a difference between a sweep and a reversal. If you are in side control bottom and hit a reversal and you end up in side control top on you're opponent you get NO points. If you are mounted and you reverse him and end up in his guard, you get NO points. Let's say you sweep him from half guard bottom and land in side control top. You don't get 4 points for that, you get 2 points for a sweep (because a sweep has to happen from guard or half guard) and then you can get further points for mounting or going knee on belly or back mount. (obviously knee on belly doesn't exist in tycoon) but yeah...

I posted them based on ADCC rules in the developers forum, and Mike made a few changes. This is what I posted:

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

I think a points based system makes more sense, is less subjective and more realistic.

Something like ADCC:

• Passing the guard = 3 points

• Knee on stomach = 2 points

• Mount position = 2 points

• Back mount with hooks = 3 points

• Takedown (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points

• Clean Takedown (ends passed the guard) = 4 points

• Sweeps (ends Guard or Half Guard) = 2 points

• Clean Sweep (ends passed the guard) = 4 points

I don't think you should be penalized for pulling guard. Only ADCC does that. IBJJF doesn't nor does any other to my knowledge. But you don't get points for it either.

EDIT: Remember that you have to hold the position for 3 sec, so if he passes directly into mount, he doesn't get 3+2, he just gets the higher score of 3

maybe there should be voting on whether to use IBJJF or ADCC rules. Although ADCC is the superbowl of grappling it only happens once every 2 years. Honestly probably 80%+ grappling competitions on the planet use IBJJF scoring and rules

Only the world championships happen every two years. The regional and national competitions are more frequent. i reffereed a bunch of them in the last couple years. But you are right, IBJJF rules competitions are more common.

I don't like advantages since they are more subjective and probably a lot harder to program

Oh and Mike please allow weight cutting for god sake

I don't understand why you don't allow it. It's not like grappling tournaments ban it anywhere in the world

I had a PURE grappler who fought like 20+ times at middleweight not be able to compete in the last middleweight TWGC because his natural weight was like 194lbs. That is a serious kick in the balls. Allow weight cutting you insane bastard, there is no reason to use 'natural weight' unless you just want to piss people off

• Upvote 2