Champ refusing fight

Hmmm..

You actually go out of your way to find fair matchups for your champs and you are one of Tycoons best Org owners IMO.

That fairness/respect you show the managers of your Org, has resulted in them jumping in to help you out whenever you've needed,,, right?.

What you do and what this Org owner is doing are NOT the same thing.

This org owner is extremely unreasonable, throwing his champ to the wolves, with 0.1% chance of winning the fight and a horrible p4p difference,, a huge lose lose scenario.

He is fucking over his champ and I would tell this guy to go fuck himself.

The Org owner should strip the title and let the fighter go.

As said before, I'm glad this org owner is getting exposed, so I can stay away from him in the future.

Thanks for your kind words, always appreciated. To make it clear, I am in no way defending or agreeing with the org owners way of dealing with this scenario, you're correct in saying the current champ has no real gain by winning but losing is massive and unfortunately the probable outcome. I guess I was just looking at it from the viewpoint that if a manager in my org sent me that message then I wouldn't want him with me and his request for release would be granted, but then I would hopefully never cause a manager to send me such a message anyway. It could definitely have been handled better, the current champ could have got some training time while a worthy challenger was created with a win or two more under his belt.

• Upvote 1

On top of everything else, the manager of the way superior fighter has been a Tycoon manager since August 2009 and the manager of the champ is a noob whos been a Tycoon manager since April 2013...

5 years experience v 1 year experience

Sens-Respectable-Sens-Brown v Wonderful-Feeble-Proficient-Blue

p4p 4384 v p4p 2040

This is a typical noob crush, despicable...

How can you guys even attempt to defend this,, hiding behind "the noob is a champ" WTF?

This kind of shit has been frowned upon in the past and Managers have been castigated in the forum for this....

Just ask CBD, Joel Nicola etc.....

Shit like this is not cool and it drives noobs away from the game!

• Upvote 2

Thanks for your kind words, always appreciated. To make it clear, I am in no way defending or agreeing with the org owners way of dealing with this scenario, you're correct in saying the current champ has no real gain by winning but losing is massive and unfortunately the probable outcome. I guess I was just looking at it from the viewpoint that if a manager in my org sent me that message then I wouldn't want him with me and his request for release would be granted, but then I would hopefully never cause a manager to send me such a message anyway. It could definitely have been handled better, the current champ could have got some training time while a worthy challenger was created with a win or two more under his belt.

Exactly.

If the hype was closer it would be a more reasonable scenario, but since we are talking about a highly experienced manager, fighting a noob, where the noob has all the odds stacked against him, its not cool.

If it was the other way around, I would have less of a problem with it, but it is what it is.

Fighter A has far higher hype/ranking, low skills, new manager.

Fighter B has lower hype ranking, higher skills, experienced manager.

Fighter A should've never found himself as champion.

And Fighter B should never be contender for title until he gets his hype/ranking up to a decent amount. Why let him crush the champion immediately? Can't he crush a few contenders on the way up to getting at least evenish hype?

• Upvote 2

Fighter A should've never found himself as champion.

The problem with that is orgs like to have champions and this is still a relatively new org with only 16 events so far. The champ had two fights which he won then his third was for the title which he won and then defended once. When most orgs first start up they will pretty much take who they can get to sign so they can get the ball rolling and get some events booked. Then you need to start the growing process, look at better ranked fighters to improve the orgs position, that needs to be done carefully so that you're not bringing in guys either too good or not good enough for the level you are at. This is the step that has been missed here by the look of it, he appears to be too good for the level of the org. Now I say this without having looked through the full roster and also without knowing what skills Snow possessed when he was first signed so I may not be 100% correct on this. Also, I think it was stated somewhere earlier that the current owner was not the original one?

• Upvote 1

Exactly.

If the hype was closer it would be a more reasonable scenario, but since we are talking about a highly experienced manager, fighting a noob, where the noob has all the odds stacked against him, its not cool.

If it was the other way around, I would have less of a problem with it, but it is what it is.

It isn't cool, but the champ should've fought, lost, then bailed on the org when his contract was up. A champ should fight whoever is put in front of him, reasonable or not. Otherwise, he is not the real champ. If the org owner is running his org like an idiot, he will eventually lose all of his top talent because nobody will re-sign with him. Let him destroy his own org through bad decisions, but don't be a pussy and refuse to defend the belt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It isn't cool, but the champ should've fought, lost, then bailed on the org when his contract was up. A champ should fight whoever is put in front of him, reasonable or not. Otherwise, he is not the real champ. If the org owner is running his org like an idiot, he will eventually lose all of his top talent because nobody will re-sign with him. Let him destroy his own org through bad decisions, but don't be a pussy and refuse to defend the belt.

If refusing that fight is a pussy move, then pussies are very smart.

Because only an idiot would take that fight.

There is absolutely no need for this fight to happen, as it has a forgone conclusion.

Therefore the org can just as well strip the fighter of the belt.

This is like a top notch mma fighter beating up people off the street in an unsanctioned bout.

I can't understand why an experienced manager, Mike McSlaughter, who's been in the game for almost 5 years and the only true pussy in this scenario, would want to win a title this way!!!!

That's fucked up.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Update: I've just been hired to help Ascension: Amsterdam. The first order of business will be to straighten out the roster so that it grows at a sensible rate.

Btw, the owner has only one month of org experience so he and I have a lot to cover. Anyone else have any problems, feel free to contact me.

• Upvote 2

If refusing that fight is a pussy move, then pussies are very smart.

Because only an idiot would take that fight.

There is absolutely no need for this fight to happen, as it has a forgone conclusion.

Therefore the org can just as well strip the fighter of the belt.

This is like a top notch mma fighter beating up people off the street in an unsanctioned bout.

I can't understand why an experienced manager, Mike McSlaughter, who's been in the game for almost 5 years and the only true pussy in this scenario, would want to win a title this way!!!!

That's fucked up.

If he didn't want the possibility of the best fighter within the ID range, he shouldn't have accepted a title fight that won him the belt. The org owner made a mistake, but a champ should never dodge anyone who fits into the ID restriction limits, no matter how bad the fight is for him personally. That is the unwritten promise of becoming champ.

Update: I've just been hired to help Ascension: Amsterdam. The first order of business will be to straighten out the roster so that it grows at a sensible rate.

Btw, the owner has only one month of org experience so he and I have a lot to cover. Anyone else have any problems, feel free to contact me.

Great to see that you are helping this org owner to develop. The fact that he is willing to take help shows that he wants to do what is right.

• Upvote 1

If he didn't want the possibility of the best fighter within the ID range, he shouldn't have accepted a title fight that won him the belt. The org owner made a mistake, but a champ should never dodge anyone who fits into the ID restriction limits, no matter how bad the fight is for him personally. That is the unwritten promise of becoming champ.

In this case it's a bad case of noobfucking!

It's a really bad fuckover by an experienced manager, who should be a shamed of himself for actually wanting this fight and you should be ashamed to defend it.

This game has done a complete 180 degree flip, if this is now "a cool thing"

• Downvote 1

I have a champ who is 230K in a 200K org. I am anxious about new talent coming in and testing my guy, but you won't hear a peep from me if the best qualified contender challenges me and his hype/skills aren't up to my liking.

I am hoping that I will be able to get competition that I like, but chances are I will get crushed sooner or later. Once and if that happens and I become a contender, I might become selective about whom I face, but until then --I'm here- come get some.

You might call this stupid, senseless, whatever. To me it's about having self respect.

• Upvote 2

In this case it's a bad case of noobfucking!

It's a really bad fuckover by an experienced manager, who should be a shamed of himself for actually wanting this fight and you should be ashamed to defend it.

This game has done a complete 180 degree switch, if this is now "a cool thing"

If an org has an ID limit, then whoever is in that org should be prepared to face anybody in that ID range.

My org has an ID Limit and all the fighters know that they will be fighting anyone in their division, regardless of skill difference. You are basically saying that experienced managers should be ashamed that they know how to build up a fighter. They should have the advantage over others because they know how to build up a fighter. It is like saying you should let people off just because you know more than them.

You should especially not turn down a fight if you are the champion. Champions are meant to be the best, so they will be facing the best. If you don't feel comfortable facing the best, then he shouldn't have accepted the original title fight.

I have a champ who is 230K in a 200K org. I am anxious about new talent coming in and testing my guy, but you won't hear a peep from me if the best qualified contender challenges me and his hype/skills aren't up to my liking.

I am hoping that I will be able to get competition that I like, but chances are I will get crushed sooner or later. Once and if that happens and I become a contender, I might become selective about whom I face, but until then --I'm here- come get some.

You might call this stupid, senseless, whatever. To me it's about having self respect.

I like your attitude. You are 230k in a 200k org. If you didn't want to face 200k talent, you could've signed in a 230k org, or simply not fought for the belt. You are doing it the way it should be done: putting the respect of the belt before your own personal ranking.

You've been in this game 4 years and are an experienced manager, so I wouldn't expect anything less.

You can try to find one org owner where I've declined a title defense, but you wont find any.

Thats not the point,, this is a noobfuck and a bad one at that!

I would NOT take this fight if i was the challenger, as its too embarrassing.

Its a Noob can crush of the worst sort.

There is no self respect shown by the challenger, he is humiliating himself badly.

He must be very stupid as well, since it was him that started this thread.

I have no respect for him what so ever.

You've been in this game 4 years and are an experienced manager, so I wouldn't expect anything less.

You can try to find one org owner where I've declined a title defense, but you wont find any.

Thats not the point,, this is a noobfuck and a bad one at that!

I would NOT take this fight if i was the challenger, as its too embarrassing.

Its a Noob can crush of the worst sort.

There is no self respect shown by the challenger, he is humiliating himself badly.

He must be very stupid as well, since it was him that started this thread.

I have no respect for him what so ever.

The guy should not be champion in the first place if he won't accept a challenge from anyone. There should be an option put in place for people to give up their titles automatically if they don't want to fight anyone. It may be a mis-match, but the challenger shouldn't reject a fight for a title just because he is better than the champion.

If an org has an ID limit, then whoever is in that org should be prepared to face anybody in that ID range.

My org has an ID Limit and all the fighters know that they will be fighting anyone in their division, regardless of skill difference. You are basically saying that experienced managers should be ashamed that they know how to build up a fighter. They should have the advantage over others because they know how to build up a fighter. It is like saying you should let people off just because you know more than them.

You should especially not turn down a fight if you are the champion. Champions are meant to be the best, so they will be facing the best. If you don't feel comfortable facing the best, then he shouldn't have accepted the original title fight.

When i was a noob In 2010, i got fucked over badly by the first org owner i signed with, so I know what its like to be on the receiving end from unscrupulous managers.

Shit like this isn't cool, whether its an ID restricted org or not, ner whether he is champ or not.

The outcome is known beforehand and no need for a fight.

The org owner should simply strip the champ, sack him and get on with it, instead of forcing this fuckover on this noob..

I find it very interesting how many of you condone noobfucking,

even encourage it under the guise of "but he's the champ" crap!

Sad :sad01_anim:

The guy should not be champion in the first place if he won't accept a challenge from anyone. There should be an option put in place for people to give up their titles automatically if they don't want to fight anyone. It may be a mis-match, but the challenger shouldn't reject a fight for a title just because he is better than the champion.

Being a champ in a shit arse org like that means nothing anyway,

He has been defending his title against equal fighters, but refuses this fuckover, as far as i understand.

It means a hell of a lot less than some experienced manager fucking over a noob and his can fighter.

I agree with the highlighted though.

When i was a noob In 2010, i got fucked over badly by the first org owner i signed with, so I know what its like to be on the receiving end from unscrupulous managers.

Shit like this isn't cool, whether its an ID restricted org or not, ner whether he is champ or not.

The outcome is known beforehand and no need for a fight.

The org owner should simply strip the champ, sack him and get on with it, instead of forcing this fuckover on this noob..

I find it very interesting how many of you condone noobfucking,

even encourage it under the guise of "but he's the champ" crap!

Sad :sad01_anim:

I agree with the highlighted though.

I just say that if the owner wont strip him, then he might as well just get the fight over and done with. It will allow him to then leave the org if the owner wont strip and sack him rather than face continuous problems from being the champ. The guy wants to be the champion, not wrong with that. It isn't his fault that his fighter is a lot more advanced than the other guy. The ideal situation would have an option for him to drop the title without fighting but since there isn't that option, and since the owner won't strip him, he might as well just get the fight over and done with.

I just say that if the owner wont strip him, then he might as well just get the fight over and done with.

No he shouldn't, he should NOT accept being fucked over like this.

It will allow him to then leave the org if the owner wont strip and sack him rather than face continuous problems from being the champ.

It's only a problem if the org owner adds more of these crap ranked monster fighters (in comparison to the rest)

The guy wants to be the champion, not wrong with that. It isn't his fault that his fighter is a lot more advanced than the other guy.

Yes it is, he should sign his fighter where he gets fair competition,, this is a can crushing org for this fighter..

The ideal situation would have an option for him to drop the title without fighting but since there isn't that option, and since the owner won't strip him, he might as well just get the fight over and done with.

The org owner should never have signed that fighter, as he would crush all competition in the org.

He should give his previous champs a way out by offering to strip them if they didn't want to fight this newly signed and much stronger fighter, than the rest of the roster.

I don't know why you assume that taking a fight where you will lose is "being fucked over". It is not like this guy is making a run for the #1 P4P crown and this single solitary loss is going to destroy him. His fighter is going to take an early career loss, he'll learn about the confidence hidden, and he'll move on without much of a hit at all to his manager rank.

Disney is working with the org owner to help him make better matchups in the future, so hopefully this won't be an issue again in this org. However, things would've gone much smoother if the champ had just taken his medicine and got out of a mismanaged org.

I don't know why you assume that taking a fight where you will lose is "being fucked over". It is not like this guy is making a run for the #1 P4P crown and this single solitary loss is going to destroy him. His fighter is going to take an early career loss, he'll learn about the confidence hidden, and he'll move on without much of a hit at all to his manager rank.

Disney is working with the org owner to help him make better matchups in the future, so hopefully this won't be an issue again in this org. However, things would've gone much smoother if the champ had just taken his medicine and got out of a mismanaged org.

5 years experience v 1 year experience

Sens-Respectable-Sens-Brown v Wonderful-Feeble-Proficient-Blue

p4p 4384 v p4p 2040

This is a 100% fuckover sceanario.

It has nothing to do with "losing a fight", that happens.

This has to do with the above.

A complete can crush, where the Can's manager is the noob.

Why have the fight?

The outcome is known,, why fuck the noob?

Mike McSlaughter... LMAO