Champ refusing fight

I have said many, many times that it was a stupid fight to offer. I would never make it. In fact, I said that the fighter should leave the org as soon as his contract is up because it is not a well run org.

It was uncalled for of me to ask if this was the situation in your own org.

You had previously made your view clear on this, and I apologize for that.

However, when you are the champ of a poorly run org, be a man and take your beating, then leave that piece of shit. The second that the belt is around your waist, you should lose the right to decline for any reason other than needing time to heal from injuries.

I totally disagree with this, as this was a hot topic a few years back when CBD was holding managers hostage in his org if they were champs and wanted to leave, even if they weren't champs, but had good hype.

He kept offering them fights against very highly skilled fighters, with very low ranking to try to avoid the fighter leaving with "his" hype..

This caused managers to leave the game and he was castigated on the forum and is still held in contempt here to this day for his actions.

I know there are many newer managers here who aren't aware of this, but CBD was public enemy number 1 from 2009-2011, when somehow Steel Penn overtook him.

CBD used to pretend he was a Russian woman whom didn't understand English all too well. :thumbup:

Besides, this guy's manager rank is like 550. He is not going to suffer much from the loss. If he was a top 25 manager, dropping in rank might be a little more important to this discussion.

That depends how much HE values his ranking, not how YOU value it.

If its the main thing in this game for him, then it would be a terrible loss.

He's the only one who can judge that though.

• Upvote 1

Fair enough,He just shouldnt have not replied for 2 weeks looking at the offer before a reply. Im over it .

I might be a poor manager, as honestly I have never worried about looking at ratings or hype when taking fights. I have never really given any thought to the business end of running a successful org. I very rarely came to the forums and didnt recall the org controversy you mentioned until the russian woman thing, I somewhat remember it....Only recently Ive had time to never miss getting my training set properly daily.

• Downvote 2

Fair enough, but I might be a poor manager, as honestly I have never worried about looking at ratings or hype when taking fights. I have never really given any thought to the business end of running a successful org. I very rarely came to the forums and have never heard of the org controversy you mentioned either.Only recently Ive had time to never miss getting my training set properly ontime.

As I said, I don't think you're a poor manager at all.

You seem to have a very promising beast in Snow, so I think you should find him some decent challenges by fighting someone closer to his skill-set, rather than focusing on his ID. :)

• Upvote 1

ID restrictions are valid for about 40k worth of IDs from first generation I have found/feel in my experience. By the time 240k IDs are being made, theres no need for a 200k ID restricted org to stay restricted, as the top talent is now fully trained and vastly outstrips anyone from 20k below them. Better to let unrestricted guys in to fight the top guys and let the little fellas continue to train and fight each other. It also allows the org to grow at a sustainable rate and keep shit interesting instead of the same matchups over and over.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

ID restrictions are valid for about 40k worth of IDs from first generation I have found/feel in my experience. By the time 240k IDs are being made, theres no need for a 200k ID restricted org to stay restricted, as the top talent is now fully trained and vastly outstrips anyone from 20k below them.

I agree. Learning speed is the defining factor... not ID #.

There are still many fighters who decline a fight offer due to ID difference being too great. In those cases we just find a new victim for said fighter to attempt a beat down upon.

MFN has been blessed by all champions being nice enough to take on all challengers, so I am probably not the most qualified person to respond to this thread... but I think communication is the key. Find out why the champ is declining the fight and try to accommodate them. Even if that means going out and bringing someone in to take their title away. Stripping a champ hurts the org and that's not something any org owner wants to do.

Hmmm..

You actually go out of your way to find fair matchups for your champs and you are one of Tycoons best Org owners IMO.

That fairness/respect you show the managers of your Org, has resulted in them jumping in to help you out whenever you've needed,,, right?.

What you do and what this Org owner is doing are NOT the same thing.

This org owner is extremely unreasonable, throwing his champ to the wolves, with 0.1% chance of winning the fight and a horrible p4p difference,, a huge lose lose scenario.

He is fucking over his champ and I would tell this guy to go fuck himself.

The Org owner should strip the title and let the fighter go.

As said before, I'm glad this org owner is getting exposed, so I can stay away from him in the future.

It's crazy how people on here are bashing me left and right. I find it quite humorous. I would like to thank you for make SMART and WISE statements.. It makes abolutely ZERO since for me to have accepted that fight.. The guy only had TWO fights and extremely poor hype.. forget the skills.. let's just look at that.. he didn't deserve a title fight.. Now my fighter on the other hand CLEANED OUT!! the entire division.. leaving little to no one left and he has been there doing it for a while.. and they where tough fights and not tomatoe cans as that challenger stated.. but again thanks to all of the level headed managers out there and to the rest of you that believe that I should have taken the fight I have no words to say to you. I have nothing negative to say. you all have a blessed day and enjoy your gaming..

• Upvote 2

It isn't cool, but the champ should've fought, lost, then bailed on the org when his contract was up. A champ should fight whoever is put in front of him, reasonable or not. Otherwise, he is not the real champ. If the org owner is running his org like an idiot, he will eventually lose all of his top talent because nobody will re-sign with him. Let him destroy his own org through bad decisions, but don't be a pussy and refuse to defend the belt.

So why should I accept the fight.. lose and then leave? What is the point in that? If that guy set me up with a horrible fight why should I suffer? They have a NO button for a reason.. You people are crazy with the disrespectful language as well.. but i thank you for your input.

• Upvote 2

ID restrictions are valid for about 40k worth of IDs from first generation I have found/feel in my experience. By the time 240k IDs are being made, theres no need for a 200k ID restricted org to stay restricted, as the top talent is now fully trained and vastly outstrips anyone from 20k below them. Better to let unrestricted guys in to fight the top guys and let the little fellas continue to train and fight each other. It also allows the org to grow at a sustainable rate and keep shit interesting instead of the same matchups over and over.

This is definitely the case. As an example of managers terrified of moving on, just look at how the roster of NGF freaked a few months back when the subject of dropping the id restriction came up. This was a 150k org with 26-27 year olds at the top and the new creation fighters were in the high 230s or low 240s at the time.

So why should I accept the fight.. lose and then leave? What is the point in that? If that guy set me up with a horrible fight why should I suffer? They have a NO button for a reason.. You people are crazy with the disrespectful language as well.. but i thank you for your input.

I don't recall using any disrespectful language. Anyway, I'll answer your question. You should accept a fight with a 99% chance of a loss because you are the champion. If you didn't want to face the POSSIBILITY of a really one-sided fight with little upside, then you should've never accepted a shot at the title.

Champions have a different code of conduct than the rest of the fighters in the org. Regular fighters can do what is best for their careers and keep their respect. Champions cannot. They should be willing to take on all challengers.

It is really shitty that this org owner set you up for failure. It is not a cool thing for him to do. However, two wrongs don't make a right. You should fulfill your moral obligation as champion, then leave and find an org that is run properly so that your fighter doesn't suffer the same fate again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would not agree with that .Id limit should be i place until until the vast majority of fighter at 200k left have reached there peak.there not many 200k guys that have reach there peak or even close to there peak yet ..I would agree for 170/180k but not 200k at moment

• Upvote 1

This is definitely the case. As an example of managers terrified of moving on, just look at how the roster of NGF freaked a few months back when the subject of dropping the id restriction came up. This was a 150k org with 26-27 year olds at the top and the new creation fighters were in the high 230s or low 240s at the time.

It is definitely a hard sell, and this is why a lot of org owners don't like to drop the ID restriction. When I was operating HERO, we moved the ID restriction from 170k to 165k so that we could bring in some more competition for the top guys. Some people freaked out about a 5k shift. I had to do a lot of damage control to convince people that I wasn't about to bring in a bunch of beasts to destroy them all.

If your champ you should fight anyone in my eyes if they put a win streak together in my org then they deserve a fight regardless of P4P Ranking and hype saying that when im recruiting i all ways try to get fighters as close as possible.

• Downvote 1

I don't recall using any disrespectful language. Anyway, I'll answer your question. You should accept a fight with a 99% chance of a loss because you are the champion. If you didn't want to face the POSSIBILITY of a really one-sided fight with little upside, then you should've never accepted a shot at the title.

Champions have a different code of conduct than the rest of the fighters in the org. Regular fighters can do what is best for their careers and keep their respect. Champions cannot. They should be willing to take on all challengers.

It is really shitty that this org owner set you up for failure. It is not a cool thing for him to do. However, two wrongs don't make a right. You should fulfill your moral obligation as champion, then leave and find an org that is run properly so that your fighter doesn't suffer the same fate again.

I never said any names.. I never singled you out buddy. but if you know that you may have a 99% chance of losing and still engage then that is on you and who ever chooses to do that.. but then you agree that the Org set up an extremely messed up fight.. lol.. like i said before it's funny.. i'm glad i asked to be let go of the org.. i wanted no parts of them..

• Upvote 1