SAFA 11 (August 14) - Largest Event in MMA Tycoon History

OrangeKing

Well, you were wrong, because it had been tried. Synchronicity tried two 12000 seat shows. Another thing: If you'll read what the MMA Tycoon Wiki has to say about PPV, you'll see why that's still unlikely to happen anytime soon.

No, the wiki only tells why a profitable PPV wont happen anytime soon. The top orgs have such insane amounts of cash and nothing to blow it on the reason we haven't seen a PPV yet is because they're unwilling to do a trial run at a loss.

Sorry, I didn't have a change to reply to anything until now. My fighters are definitely getting pay raises as their contracts expire -- a lot of them are on the ends of their first (very low) contracts from when I started out, thus the very low fighter pay!

I gave out 7500 free tickets, which ended up being a good estimate. I still made over $45,000 in profit on the event. An empty seat costs you $10, but a free ticket only costs you $5 (because you get $5 back in merchandising and such). I'll look over specific questions and answer them when I get back. I will say that anyone who thought this was going to be a trainwreck simply never looked at the math (or was looking at it incorrectly).

No, the wiki only tells why a profitable PPV wont happen anytime soon. The top orgs have such insane amounts of cash and nothing to blow it on the reason we haven't seen a PPV yet is because they're unwilling to do a trial run at a loss.
im nuts enough to book 12000-seaters without giving out free-tickets and to book 3 shows on the same day etc. but blowing ~1 mio into the wind for the sake of it ... not yet :P.

edit: 45k profit? nice :)

Well done, hope to see more of this from you in the future. Maybe my future fighters can find a home in your org should the chance arise as its definitely the type of attitude I can identify with.

Sorry, I didn't have a change to reply to anything until now. My fighters are definitely getting pay raises as their contracts expire -- a lot of them are on the ends of their first (very low) contracts from when I started out, thus the very low fighter pay!

I gave out 7500 free tickets, which ended up being a good estimate. I still made over $45,000 in profit on the event. An empty seat costs you $10, but a free ticket only costs you $5 (because you get $5 back in merchandising and such). I'll look over specific questions and answer them when I get back. I will say that anyone who thought this was going to be a trainwreck simply never looked at the math (or was looking at it incorrectly).

Or has never had to run an org so isn't even really familiar with the math involved here as in my case.

Or has never had to run an org so isn't even really familiar with the math involved here as in my case.

Yeah, shame more big orgs didnt come in to discuss this.

Some people just talk trash though which is pointless and irritating. I cant say I would know it would work as I dont have an org, but for the sake of game improvement Id encourage trials like this.

Its not an overnight thing.

You build yourself up with free tickets and slowly switch them over to paying tickets.

Then you can yo-yo yourself into a PPV land once you get the momentum.

We've got it all worked out already :)

no no they#ve got it all worked out :smile_anim:

congrats SAFA the hard part is trying to stay in the top 10 now , best of luck

good job! 45k is awesome=) especially when doing something to this extent. Look forward to seeing how the next event does.

Worked out just like I figured it would. Congrats for being the first to think of something that should be pretty obvious.

edit: Oh hey just noticed I'm the main event of your 16,000 seat arena event for next week. Looking forward to another victory for Islam, which will be a victory for you as well!