Tom "Tonnin Seteli" Niinimaki (FIN) vs. Niklas Backstrom (SWE) - UFC Berlin, May 31, 2014

I don't even know what is the "official" Main Event of the night, only fight that i wait is this one.

http://media.ufc.tv/fighter_images/Tom_Niinimaki/TomNiinimaki_Headshot.png

Tom "Tonnin Seteli" Niinimaki

21-5-1 (W-L-D)

vs.

http://www1.cdn.sherdog.com/image_crop/200/300/_images/fighter/1336084451niklas.jpg

Niklas "Lanky Can" Backstrom

7-0-0 (W-L-D)

It's well known that Finnish fighters always kick Swedish fighters ass, so i predict that Tom will earn either Performance Of The Night or Submission Of The Night. If Niklas is stupid enough to go to the ground with Tom (all though he can't defend Tom's td's, so it doesn't matter), he will turtle up and crack like Swedish fighters usually do against Finnish fighters.

• Upvote 3

A finn has never in the history of the world kicked a Swedish Vikings ass, in combat sports, on the street, or any where else for that matter. You have managed to beat us in 1 Hockey game, thats it.

Bäckström said in a Swedish newspaper that "I can kick Ninimäkis ass standing or on the ground, it doesnt matter, he can chose where."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I have quite mixed feelings about this fight. It would have been better if there would've been a more well known replacement for Tavares. Now Tom is fighting unknown but talented swede. With a win Tom doesn't go up in the rankings that much but if he loses it would be catastrophic to lose to a to a unkown UFC newcomer. But in other hand I'm always excited about a little "Finnkampen" + I think Tom should win this fight relativily easily with his ground game and athlecism.

• Upvote 1

A finn has never in the history of the world kicked a Swedish Vikings ass, in combat sports, on the street, or any where else for that matter. You have managed to beat us in 1 Hockey game, thats it.

Bäckström said in a Swedish newspaper that "I can kick Ninimäkis ass standing or on the ground, it doesnt matter, he can chose where."

In addition to the fight Igor posted, this fight also comes to my mind :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG_-ihz7BeU

• Upvote 2

Tom's fighting again? Now that's the reason to watch this card :D Sounds like another W for him :) Sucks that's against pretty much UFC-nobody, after he had such an amazing debut against Rani... :/

• Upvote 1

im gonna go out on a limb and say at least 1 finn has destroyed a swedish "viking" somewhere in history, you even admit to finns kicking swedish "viking" ass in a hockey game.

Tecnically Castor is right, since there havent been any vikings around for at least 900-1000 years, and since Finland is less than a 100 years old (counting from independenceday) a Finn couldnt possibly have beaten up a viking.

Tecnically Castor is right, since there havent been any vikings around for at least 900-1000 years, and since Finland is less than a 100 years old (counting from independenceday) a Finn couldnt possibly have beaten up a viking.

Actually we did.

They attacked 950 years ago to nokia(near tampere)and they got ambushed by some finn farmers and most of those vikings never got out alive.

Now days swedish are like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even know what is the "official" Main Event of the night, only fight that i wait is this one.

http://media.ufc.tv/fighter_images/Tom_Niinimaki/TomNiinimaki_Headshot.png

Tom "Tonnin Seteli" Niinimaki

21-5-1 (W-L-D)

vs.

http://www1.cdn.sherdog.com/image_crop/200/300/_images/fighter/1336084451niklas.jpg

Niklas "Lanky Can" Backstrom

7-0-0 (W-L-D)

It's well known that Finnish fighters always kick Swedish fighters ass, so i predict that Tom will earn either Performance Of The Night or Submission Of The Night. If Niklas is stupid enough to go to the ground with Tom (all though he can't defend Tom's td's, so it doesn't matter), he will turtle up and crack like Swedish fighters usually do against Finnish fighters.

LOL. The cowardly Finn got smashed and tapped.

I guess after he got rocked by the knee, Ninimäkis decided he'd rather get choked out then knocked out.

These Bitch Finns has always had very very big mouths, yet, they always lose against Swedes/Sweden, every single time. They are not smart enough to figure out that they will look like morons afterwards.

Is Ninimäki still crying?

All of Finland weeps tonight. Maybe they can set Ninimäki up with some easy fights then all the Finns can pretend he is great like they do in the game.

God damn that was a well placed knee. Backström has that legit madness in his eyes which I think a great fighter needs. Will be interesting to see how he does from now on.

Btw, what the hell was the after fight speech all bout? Weiiird shit hah.

Must be worse than normal being a Finn right now when you have Castor on the loose.

Good to know you have jumped to the retard wagon with castor and his fluffer JLP.

These Bitch Finns has always had very very big mouths

Take a breather attention seeker (it rhymes). I dont see anyone but you with a big mouth. Too bad it's all bs you spew. lmao.

• Upvote 2

Sad to see Tomppa lose but Niklas looked amazing. Just that he survived the grappling of Niinimäki who outgrappled Yahya. Bäckström should have a really bright career ahead of him, especially if he can continue making 145 pounds.