How do you decide OTN Awards?

tp61503

How do you decide OTN awards?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How do you decide OTN awards?

• Fastest, KO, SUB, highest rating for FOTN with longest fight highest up on main card/Main event
    • Most impressive KO/SUB from undergod, highest rating in shortest fight.
    • Best move for KO/SOTN, highest rating in longest fight.
    • Best move/highest fight rating for KOTN/SOTN
    • Based on fight commetary for KOTN/SOTN or if N/A then comeback KOTN/SOTN FOTN Goes to highest rating Main events
    • For FOTN highest rating on main card, KOTN/SOTN varies depending on how frisky i am
    • All awards awarded to only Main card fighters.
    • All awards only for prelim fighters.

Hey i was just current how you guys decide awards, also how do you guys prefer your org owners to decide the awards?

Personally i always handed out post fight awards to the Fastest KO/SUB, and the highest rated long last fight for FOTN. (except rare special circumstances like TDPW)

That is also how i prefer org owners to do it, its more unbiased IMO.

I usually go by fight rating. It's a good way to reward more exciting fighters.

Other ways I judge are based on suprise finishes IE: Striker getting a Sub, and vice versa.

ocassionaly i'll go based on the technique used. Superman punches, spinning back fists. etc..

For KO/Sub, I use many factors together. Head kicks, flying knees and superman punches clearly beat out regular punches. Heel hooks and americanas beat RNC and guillotine. Speed is also a factor. If you finish really fast, that is impressive. A comeback sub or KO gets rewarded. If someone is kicking your ass and you land a monster shot out of nowhere, you get rewarded for it.

For fight of the night, I look at the fight stats far more than fight rating. Fight rating is horribly skewed in favor of standup fighting, so I look at close, competitive fights with lots of action. I usually choose something that went to the judges or at least made it into the third round.

Whether it is fair or not, I also take a look at the managers of the fighters when I have a hard time deciding. A noob who is struggling to get money will appreciate it a lot more than a vet with a mil in his manager account. It isn't a major factor, but more of a tie breaker.

• Upvote 1

I always went with the fastest, most impressive sub or knockout. Meaning if there were two KO's on a card and one was 1:31 into the first and was rated 84% and the other was at 4:54 into the second but rated 100% I would give OTN award to the second rounder based on it being the higher ranked overall fight. That being said the old come from behind sub/knockout almost always trumped any others on the card.

For Fight of the Night I always tried to select one that was a decision if possible but a close back and forth decision that either guy could've won. If not that it was usually the longest, highest rated fight on the card.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

When I ran my org(s) I went with:

1. Upset wins or finishes

2. Flashy finishes (slams, spinning shit, rare subs etc)

3. For FOtN I always looked for wars and the level of the fight (ME / co-ME) was a factor aswell

4. Fight Ratings

In my opinion since I don't run a org;

FOTN: fight rating - if tied fight length, If both went the distance I'd give to the 2 fighters with the lower pay check.

I think KO/SUB is more controversial but it should be;

1. Flavour text - flying knee more impressive than one punch

2. How the fight went prior - was it a early finish (early first round), did the winning fighter make a comeback after getting battered for two rounds or did the KO/SUB come out of nowhere (i.e. flash finish)

3. Context of the Fight - was one fighter heavy underdog or were they evenly matched.

4. Fight rating - ONLY if nothing separated two choices above, as I feel the overall fight should have little-to-nothing to do with the KO/SUB awards, it's an award for a finish not for the overall fight - that's why you have a FOTN award too!

• Upvote 1

I take a look at the whole event and imagine how the fights played out. Which fight was more impressive and well fought (Stats here are a good factor to analyze as well). About KO or Subs, I see how the fight was going... Was a great finish? A rare/different than usual? Quick or last seconds? Comeback or domination? All that stuff plays as factors for me to pick a prize.

This is something I've always wondered about as well.
It's especially disheartening when one of your fighters had the very definition of a legendary fight, but then the org owner doesn't hand out any awards at all for the event.
I've also grown mildly suspicious towards these awards when I saw that some org owners hand these out to their own fighters that fight in their own org.

For ko i went with what ko finish i liked the best the flashier the better mind you a head kick would win most of the time

Same for sub of the night

If there was more than 1 sub or ko and i couldnt choose between em id go with highest rated fight

And fotn would b highest rated fight if more than one had a high rating i read pbp and go with the one that impressed me

I read the text of the finish to decide the KO and Sub of the night bonuses.

For Fight of the Night, I look to see which fights were 100%, if there is a 3 round fight that is 100% they usually win. If there are not any 100% then I take all the fights and give them an extra 10% for each round that is finished, so 3 rounds get 30%extra, 2 gets 20 and 1 gets 10. If it is finished in the first round then it gets 5% extra. Highest wins for me