IQ Problem

GBK16

Not sure if this goes under Error Reporting or here so I will just let the mods move it if they feel it belongs in the other section.

A few weeks ago, I won an IQ test on the Spin and Win and gave it to one of my fighters. He scored 111

Now, today I received a message from the fighter, saying he received a free IQ test, and that he scored 107.

I understand that at certain times a person may do better on an IQ test than others, but shouldn't his IQ have not changed from the first instance? I haven't seen anyone post something like this before so I am wondering what the idea of this is?

It's not an error. Mike explained that it varies just like real life tests.

Two IQ tests?

I couldn't find another thread that said anything about this so cheers for providing the link

Mike has stated before that it is a range, but I don't recall where to provide evidence of it.

I wonder what the range is. Would suck getting a high IQ guy and then getting a second IQ test that is quite a bit lower. Luckily he was only a slight change I guess.

I received that same as

Not sure if this goes under Error Reporting or here so I will just let the mods move it if they feel it belongs in the other section.

A few weeks ago, I won an IQ test on the Spin and Win and gave it to one of my fighters. He scored 111

Now, today I received a message from the fighter, saying he received a free IQ test, and that he scored 107.

I understand that at certain times a person may do better on an IQ test than others, but shouldn't his IQ have not changed from the first instance? I haven't seen anyone post something like this before so I am wondering what the idea of this is?

I did that also for my two fighters. The 1st fighter is 134 - 148 IQ and the 2nd is 132 - 136IQ

• 4 months later...

It might be nice to be able to train intelligence up. Or I suppose experience counts as intelligence too in this game.

Intelligence and experience are NOT the same.

Intelligence should not be able to be increased as this is not realistic.

Wow, cool thing :D

this might be the first thread i can contribute something usefull.

the problem about measuring intelligence is that intelligence itself is a latent variable, so we cant measure it directly (like waight or hight or something simillar). So we have to bring people into situation in which intelligence should lead to a certain action (like solving an item of an iq-test). Usually this iq-test-situation is a mixture of various multiple-choice questions. Based on the results of a person in such a test we try to estimate his or her iq by comparing his or her results to those of a compairable group.

Now the problems of this approach is that we can never measure 100 % correctly. There is allways the chance that someone is lucky and selects the right answer in a multiple-choice test. Also you can have a bad day or a good day, you can be a little tired in the test-situation, you can be distracted by a ringing phone and so on. So the value we measure is not 100 % accurate, but we can say that the value measure +/- a certain range (based on the standard-error of the test) might contain the true value of a person with a certain chance (usually 95%).

So the conclusio of this all is, that 2 measured test-result from 1 person can differe, but the true value for his or her iq is still the same, as long as the difference of the 2 measurement is smaller than 2 times the range (based on the standard-error).

Now, there is just one question left muhahahaha

Mike, we want to know the reliability of your ingame-iq tests muhahahaha :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1