My Fedor Rant

First of all I must admit that I'm in the majority that think Fedor has clearly avoided fighting in the UFC. Whithout actually knowing all the details I would not hesitate to bet that even with the co-promotion deal Fedor made with Strikeforce he would have netted a significant larger profit from the UFC deal after all is said and done. I also have no room for people blaming either his manager or M-1. Fedor IS M-1 and if Fedor told his manager to jump in a lake he would do it. This was without question Fedor's decision. Make no mistake about it, Fedor has seen the fighters that were considered just a small notch below him and fighters that were able to go the distance with him go to the UFC and get beat up. As for the folks that claim Nog and Cro Cop aren't the same fighters they once were, well, the only reason that some people believe that is because of their losses in the UFC. The day before they lost their first fight in the UFC they were still considered the #2 and #3 HW's in the world based solely on the fact that they went the distance with Fedor. I'm not going to go into length about the level of competition Fedor has faced but it has been brought up many times that except for Nog and Cro Cop it could be considered pretty weak and I just finished my thoughts on Nog and CC. I must admit I personally have had Fedor at the number 1 spot in my HW rankings for quite some time but I have to say I can no longer find any reason for him to remain there. Until Fedor starts fighting and beating TODAYS best heavyweights I just can't see the argument that he still belongs at the top of a modern day list. In the last three years Fedor has beaten absolutely nobody of any relevence in the division. He beat Tim but so did Mercer, Mercer just did it quicker. He Ko'd Arlovski just like 5 other guys Andre has faced. Big deal! I'm afraid Fedor has officially left my list of fighters I most respect. The guys like Randy who was willing to leave the UFC just for a chance to fight Fedor or Brock who starts his carreer by seeking out the best fighters in the world, GSP and Anderson Silva who have taken on every top fighter are the type of fighters that deserve respect. The best in the world always have a desire to test themselves against the best and given that statement Fedor doesn't qualify as the "Best".

The best in the world always have a desire to test themselves against the best and given that statement Fedor doesn't qualify as the "Best".

That's because Fedor doesn't strive to be the best in the world. He just does this for a living and he cares about the money he makes. In Strike Force, he is facing competition he is sure he can beat and remain technically undefeated, which gives him the rights to ask for a big paycheck. In UFC, he might lose and that would be a big hit to his earning ability.

Let me guess?

Pride ruled and Dana White sucks and the UFC will never be as good as Pride in your opinion?

i pride myself on being able to view scenarios somewhat objectivly and from different perspectives. youre entitled to your opinion, but know that it is full of bias. stuff like "Fedor hasnt fought anybody in "insert amount of years"" is stuff Dana White can say but id expect more from educated fans. the stuff youd like to sell/believe as the truth is so over the top.

i pride myself on being able to view scenarios somewhat objectivly and from different perspectives. youre entitled to your opinion, but know that it is full of bias. stuff like "Fedor hasnt fought anybody in "insert amount of years"" is stuff Dana White can say but id expect more from educated fans. the stuff youd like to sell/believe as the truth is so over the top.

For you to believe your views/opinions are objective and not biased and that you believe my opinion is "uneducated" and "over the top" proves otherwise. If you don't agree with me fine. Feel free to state your opinion and articulate why you feel otherwise. Attempting to belittle my opinion and expecting people to take yours as matter of fact achieves nothing. Approach the topic with some reason and I'd be happy to debate it with you. I'm perfectly aware it's just my opinion but the same goes for your "opinion".

For you to believe your views/opinions are objective and not biased and that you believe my opinion is "uneducated" and "over the top" proves otherwise. If you don't agree with me fine. Feel free to state your opinion and articulate why you feel otherwise. Attempting to belittle my opinion and expecting people to take yours as matter of fact achieves nothing. Approach the topic with some reason and I'd be happy to debate it with you. I'm perfectly aware it's just my opinion but the same goes for your "opinion".
your opinion is SO biased - not even funny. my opionion on the matter def. isnt over the top like yours. im not even taking a specific side on this Fedor/UFC-siuation .. i just think both have their own agenda .. that makes them not being able to work together at this point in time.

besides Fedor i also give CroCop, Nog, Arlovski & Co the respect they deserve .. unlike you.

your opinion is SO biased - not even funny. my opionion on the matter def. isnt over the top like yours. im not even taking a specific side on this Fedor/UFC-siuation .. i just think both have their own agenda .. that makes them not being able to work together at this point in time.

besides Fedor i also give CroCop, Nog, Arlovski & Co the respect they deserve .. unlike you.

Obviously you didn't read my post you just quoted.

Obviously you didn't read my post you just quoted.

i did actually .. did you read mine?

youre calling for reason and to articulate my thoughts on .. your rant? THAT rant? .. where you say Fedor should start fighting todays heavyweights? that he isnt nr.1 HW? that he hasnt fought anybody good since Nog & Cro Cop and those 2 suck anyway? where you indicate that UFC has the ultimate heavyweight-division and everyone on the outside doesnt compare? where you discredit Sylvias & Arlovskis whole career based on being knocked out in their latest fight? etc. etc.? are you serious?

hmpf .. good luck finding another fool to discuss your rant with you.

i'm pretty sure most sites had barnett ranked #2 when fedor was set to fight him. when that fell through, fedor was ready to fight anyone they could get. rogers, werdum, monson, even belfort. if he was so worried about fighting guys who he was sure he could beat, he wouldnt risk fighting any of those fighters on just a few days notice. he is obviously trying to protect his record though, heh.

your post is wrong in so many ways it's almost not even worth arguing about.

i think it's funny that you mention how mercer beat tim faster than fedor. i love it when people try to compare times and try to devalue past wins. randy couture must really suck then since it took him a full 25 minutes to beat tim. if we use that mindset...then brock really sucks because all he's done is beat a guy who couldnt finish tim sylvia. and brock is the guy fedor has to fight to prove himself? using your logic...that really doesnt make sense. then again, your logic really doesnt make much sense overall anyway.

you need to do more than just take a quick look at fight finder to really understand these types of things.

try again kiddo.

i'm pretty sure most sites had barnett ranked #2 when fedor was set to fight him. when that fell through, fedor was ready to fight anyone they could get. rogers, werdum, monson, even belfort. if he was so worried about fighting guys who he was sure he could beat, he wouldnt risk fighting any of those fighters on just a few days notice. he is obviously trying to protect his record though, heh.

So Fedor trains for a few months and then the fight with Barnett doesn't go through... so he asks for them to bring in somebody else in a few days who probably were doing "normal" training, meaning they had no set agenda but trained just to keep in shape and hone their skills. So a fighter who was training months for a fight vs a guy who's just been keeping in shape and not training as hard... yeah, seems 50/50 to me.

.. where you say Fedor should start fighting todays heavyweights? that he isnt nr.1 HW? that he hasnt fought anybody good since Nog & Cro Cop and those 2 suck anyway?

He never said they sucked, he simply said that before their fights in the UFC they were considered top HW's and then after they lost, people pegged them as "passed their time". He even said that HE HIMSELF had Fedor topping his HW list but has now taken him from that spot because of his refusal to fight who are considered "the best of the best". To me, that doesn't sound biased but it does sound like a fan of his has become disappointed in him.

The way I thought about it was like this; back in the day, rappers used to figure out who was better by having rap battles against each other and the superior lyricist won. Well say that the proclaimed best battle rapper (we'll call him A) hadn't rapped against any huge names in awhile but still went against some big (or former big) names, but a new guy with incredible skills has been around for awhile (B) and people start calling him the best rapper next to A. Now if A has avoided battling B for whatever reasons but still expects to be ranked #1, what would you say about him? It's exactly the same way with Fedor/UFC with a minor tweak in that there are more than just one fighter that he should prove himself against. Whether you like it or not, Fedor is a bitch for not manning up and proving he is the best of the best. And don't start defending him like you know the guy and his agenda/thoughts either, because it makes you look like you're biased and on his nuts.

youre calling him a bitch and are telling me not to get biased, heh. that makes perfect sense. i dont know what's going through his mind, but i feel pretty comfortable in saying he isnt afraid of brock lesnar. brock lesnar is far from the scariest guy fedor has fought. fedor has already proved everything he has had to prove in my mind. that's just my opinion...i never believed fedor had to go to the ufc to solidify his legacy. he has beaten more top heavyweights than anyone else in the game. this is a fact that can't be argued. i wont lose sleep if he doesnt go and "solidify" his legacy by beating up a 4-1 fighter. fedor could retire tomorrow and i guarantee you he would always be in the conversation about who was the best heavyweight in mma.

youre also wrong about fedor fighting guys that werent in shape. werdum was preparing to fight overeem all along. if werdum replaced barnett, he wouldve been in fight shape. yes...this is clearly the sign of a scared man trying to keep his record in check. another fail filled post.

the fact that you called him a bitch is all i need to see. it's cool if you wanna be a ufc super fan, but dont be a hater. there's plenty of good heavyweights outside the ufc for fedor to fight. heavyweight and lightweight are two divisions the ufc really doesnt have much of a lock on.

your post is wrong in so many ways it's almost not even worth arguing about.

i think it's funny that you mention how mercer beat tim faster than fedor. i love it when people try to compare times and try to devalue past wins. randy couture must really suck then since it took him a full 25 minutes to beat tim. if we use that mindset...then brock really sucks because all he's done is beat a guy who couldnt finish tim sylvia. and brock is the guy fedor has to fight to prove himself? using your logic...that really doesnt make sense. then again, your logic really doesnt make much sense overall anyway.

you need to do more than just take a quick look at fight finder to really understand these types of things.

try again kiddo.

LOL... You must know me huh?

Not that it matters but I have been training off and on for over 25 years. I was in a group that was doing what we called mixed fighting in the 80's before we had ever even heard of mma. We did it just to compete and have fun. I've been an MMA fan since 1993 and that includes not only the UFC but Pride, KOTC, Sengoku, Dream, etc.... My good friend owns an MMA promotion that I spend a great deal of time helping out with and I have reffed approximately 100 proffesional mma cage fights. I assure you I am not just a "kiddo" checking out fight finder. Most likely I should be the one calling you kiddo I would assume.

As for my original post, I stand by it. I also have a complete understanding of fighter math and used the Mercer equation out of frustration more than anything. You also assume I am not or was not a Fedor fan and quite frankly nothiong could be further from the truth and as I mentioned I personally had him at #1 myself for years until now. Do you consider Ali to be the best boxer today or was he the best at one time? Would he have ever achieved that status if he had fought and beat everyone except for Norton, Frazier and Foreman? I am extremely dissapointed in Fedor for not wanting to fight the best fighters of today and he obviously had an oppourtunity to do so and didn't take it.

Like every other poster that has disagreed with with my post you feel the need to basically just make fun of my post rather than putting together an argument as to why Fedor is or should remain the current #1 HW fighter.

I'm sure you've been watching since 1993...haven't we all. as a matter of fact, I've been watching shooto since 1990....I must obviouy know more than you, heh. I don't care how long you've been watching. if that's true then you should know how ridiculous your attempt at comparing how long it took fedor and ray to beat tim is. my use of MMAth was just to show you how dumb that point was...I guess you didn't get it, heh.

if fedor fights and beats werdum, rogers, and overeem he's still number one after each victory. lesnar beating carwin or cain doesn't make him number one, it keeps him at two. I don't see fedors available competition as much different than what brock has coming for him. I've already seen this whole situation go on once, that was when fedor signed with affliction. everyone bitched and moaned because he didn't go to the ufc, then he beat up two guys and everyone got quiet. he also managed to stay #1 in that time period...go figure. I imagine this situation will be the same.

Fedor has something we call balls. When a bald guy with no martial arts experience and a shit load of money he earned off of fighters he doesn't respect calls you a crazy Russian and slaps you in the face, it doesn't sit well. Fedor can do whatever he wants because quite frankly, none of us have any business telling him otherwise. There are too many fighters in other organizations that deserve the big fights the UFC can't give them. The UFC is a dominant org that should have no worries about anything. Let the fighters fight. Where did Quinton Jackson come from? Anderson Silva? Machida? Let the fighters fight.

Not that it matters but I have been training off and on for over 25 years. I was in a group that was doing what we called mixed fighting in the 80's before we had ever even heard of mma. We did it just to compete and have fun. I've been an MMA fan since 1993 and that includes not only the UFC but Pride, KOTC, Sengoku, Dream, etc.... My good friend owns an MMA promotion that I spend a great deal of time helping out with and I have reffed approximately 100 proffesional mma cage fights. I assure you I am not just a "kiddo" checking out fight finder. Most likely I should be the one calling you kiddo I would assume.

As for my original post, I stand by it. I also have a complete understanding of fighter math and used the Mercer equation out of frustration more than anything. You also assume I am not or was not a Fedor fan and quite frankly nothiong could be further from the truth and as I mentioned I personally had him at #1 myself for years until now. Do you consider Ali to be the best boxer today or was he the best at one time? Would he have ever achieved that status if he had fought and beat everyone except for Norton, Frazier and Foreman? I am extremely dissapointed in Fedor for not wanting to fight the best fighters of today and he obviously had an oppourtunity to do so and didn't take it.

Like every other poster that has disagreed with with my post you feel the need to basically just make fun of my post rather than putting together an argument as to why Fedor is or should remain the current #1 HW fighter.

Pride, KOTC, Sengoku, Dream lol

lol

• 1 month later...

Who is the best? You lose all respect for everything Fedor has done for not jumping on the UFC nutwagon. Fedor has fought for years with honor and respect. We play mmatycoon. You don't have to put him #1. Everyone loses. He shouldn't have all respect lost because of this. He was just about to fight the #2 heavyweight in the world until it fell through. Every time a solid org pops up the UFC will do everything in their power to make it fail. It's obvious. Fedor sees that. He wants to strengthen other orgs. The UFC will always be the best. Nothing will hurt it. Most people still call MMA ultimate fighting. To most UFC is MMA. What threat did EliteXC pose? Strikeforce? There's too much greed with Zuffa. It hurts the fighters that need to make a name. They deserve those big fights in other orgs. Gegard Mousasi has made himself into a potential superstar with Dream and Strikeforce. It builds the fighters hype and skills while having no effect on the UFC whatsoever. Once Fedor didn't sign, Dana immediately calls him a F@%$ing joke. Fedor has stated before that the UFC doesn't treat fighters like people. I don't pay to hear Dana pretend to be a fighter. It's personal with Fedor and I don't blame him.