Fixing fighter per w/c disparity

sabaton

As we all know, some weight classes have far more fighters than others and most orgs have difficulty filling them up. Mostly the lightest weights but sometimes the heaviest as well.

One idea would be to let the game engine select the height and weight of created fighters. Weight would be based on the overall number of fighters in each class and height would be within a range appropriate for that class.

A second option is similar to the city incentive that already exists. But the reward would need to be more substantial. Since weight can be adjusted with supps, using height as the primary factor could be used instead. A bit tricky, yes, but i am just trying to brainstorm ideas on how to fill out the lesser chosen weight classes.

Another possible way to incentivise filling the less populated classes would be to create some type of fighter reward for every 10 fights they take in one of these classes, with bigger rewards for the less populated classes. Perhaps cash, or iq test, or a different hidden being randomly revealed, or maybe a hype boost, etc. "What" reward actually gets put in is not important right now.

Thanks

• Upvote 2

I find the the 1st two points pretty bad. I like the last one though.

If the game could value more the rankings per Weightclass we would not have this issue. Anyway, I don't think uniformity in numbers along the different weight classes would make the game more fun that it is already.

i think the best way would be to give rewards for reaching higher ranks in each weight class. the new manager rankings system already rewards title fights so that helps indirectly but giving some sort of reward in terms of hype or whatever for being high up in a weight class, would automatically make people compete in weight classes with less fighters.

i would also suggest we add a "suggested weight class" table on the fighter creation page, saying which weight classes are over / under competitive.

• Upvote 3

Definitely agree that something needs to be done so when we're creating new fighters we'll be able to find out which weight divisions have too many fighters and which ones don't have enough.

An incentive would be great but then there's the problem with the weight supplements which dinooo has already said. Perhaps we should really just limit how many weight divisions your fighter can change? Realistically, who is going to change from a BW fighter to a MW fighter or above.

In my opinion, I feel that it'd be better have a +1 / -1 limit for weight class changes, apart from the BW and SHW divisions which will be +2 for BW and -2 for SHW.

So if you create a fighter who is originally a LW fighter, he can either bulk up to WW or drop down to FW. If you create a BW fighter, he can bulk to FW or LW and finally if you create a SHW fighter he can drop to HW or LHW.

I don't think you could regulate "weight class change" because you can always sign to a higher weight class, like the SHW open weight class some orgs use. What would be more realistic is simply a total weight loss limit, probably based on height. Weight gain should not be limited cause anyone can get fat! lol

So if you start off 6'4" 220 lbs, it's not realistic to be able and drop to 135. I don't know what a reasonable limit is. Isn't kendall grove like 6'"4 170? or is he a MW? I forget. But he isn't going to be dropping to 155. But you get a fatty like Big Country who's 265, he can easily cut 60 pounds if he wanted and fight at LHW. Hell, he's not that tall, he could probably cut to MW if he REALLY worked at it!

That's why I think weight should be tied into height more stringently, cause now, you can create a 7' 125 lb fighter or a 5' 300 lb fighter. That's not realistic

I don't think you could regulate "weight class change" because you can always sign to a higher weight class, like the SHW open weight class some orgs use. What would be more realistic is simply a total weight loss limit, probably based on height. Weight gain should not be limited cause anyone can get fat! lol

So if you start off 6'4" 220 lbs, it's not realistic to be able and drop to 135. I don't know what a reasonable limit is. Isn't kendall grove like 6'"4 170? or is he a MW? I forget. But he isn't going to be dropping to 155. But you get a fatty like Big Country who's 265, he can easily cut 60 pounds if he wanted and fight at LHW. Hell, he's not that tall, he could probably cut to MW if he REALLY worked at it!

That's why I think weight should be tied into height more stringently, cause now, you can create a 7' 125 lb fighter or a 5' 300 lb fighter. That's not realistic

Yes but it makes for some funny and unique shit, like 300lb midget fighters. I prefer the incentive for the level of competition per weight class.

The other option would be limiting how many weight classes an org can open. Many orgs would opt to close their lighter weight classes, freeing those fighters for the few orgs that keep them instead of the more popular ones. The market would work itself out. The problem now is that most orgs run almost every weight division.

• Upvote 1

The other option would be limiting how many weight classes an org can open. Many orgs would opt to close their lighter weight classes, freeing those fighters for the few orgs that keep them instead of the more popular ones. The market would work itself out. The problem now is that most orgs run almost every weight division.

the hype of the org could relate proportionally to how many different weight classes it could run. Something like: brand new org - max 2 divs / top 20 org - all weight classes.

Definitely agree that something needs to be done so when we're creating new fighters we'll be able to find out which weight divisions have too many fighters and which ones don't have enough.

An incentive would be great but then there's the problem with the weight supplements which dinooo has already said. Perhaps we should really just limit how many weight divisions your fighter can change? Realistically, who is going to change from a BW fighter to a MW fighter or above.

In my opinion, I feel that it'd be better have a +1 / -1 limit for weight class changes, apart from the BW and SHW divisions which will be +2 for BW and -2 for SHW.

So if you create a fighter who is originally a LW fighter, he can either bulk up to WW or drop down to FW. If you create a BW fighter, he can bulk to FW or LW and finally if you create a SHW fighter he can drop to HW or LHW.

I like this but I think 265+ should be able to be open weight. just my opinion though.

• Upvote 1