Jason High released from UFC after shoving referee

Well...I would say that one was an overkill. There is a lot of emotion, adrenaline...come on, fine him, suspend him...but cutting him is IMO overkill. especially that's not like he's doing that each fight, right?

I agree with Dana. You can never touch a ref. He deserves to be cut. He doesn't deserve a lifetime ban like Paul Daley, though. If he can pick up a few wins while keeping his nose clean in smaller events, he should be brought back.

• Upvote 2

Completely agree with this call, it's something that should be clamped down more on in ALL sports. You never touch an official, no matter how much they screw up and in my opinion he didn't screw up too big this time, although the hits to the back of the head were a bad miss on his part.

Imagine if Frank Lampard went and smacked out the lino or pushed him over when he didn't give the goal against Germany?

The punishment for making any intentional contact with the ref should be punish. Although I do agree with NexusX, second chances should be given if earned.

Completely agree with this call, it's something that should be clamped down more on in ALL sports. You never touch an official, no matter how much they screw up and in my opinion he didn't screw up too big this time, although the hits to the back of the head were a bad miss on his part.

Imagine if Frank Lampard went and smacked out the lino or pushed him over when he didn't give the goal against Germany?

The punishment for making any intentional contact with the ref should be punish. Although I do agree with NexusX, second chances should be given if earned.

Who?

So a potentially concussed guy shoved someone and got fired for it, that's pretty dubious imo.

He wasn't woozy and thinking the ref was a fighter. He knew it was the ref, was pissed, and made a bad decision. He admitted this on Twitter and apologized almost immediately.

Im trying to figure out how High stopping fists with his face is intelligently defending himself. I think the way he went down also looked like he was out.. he just collapsed after that shot, got mounted then intelligently took a lot more punches to the face. I counted about 15 or so shots with very little movement.. good stoppage, have to do more to let the ref know you are in the fight.

And Dana White dropping F bombs, as usual... This guy has to talk a better way, he sounds dumb and ridiculous all the time saying fuck and fucking every two words.

He had to be held responsible for his actions however firing him may have been overboard BUT it does set an example to others to think before they act.

He had to be held responsible for his actions however firing him may have been overboard BUT it does set an example to others to think before they act.

Cutting someone in UFC means a hell of a lot less than it does in team sports, especially because fighters fight so infrequently. When Miguel Torres made a rape joke, they cut him for about three weeks and then signed him again. I think High will be gone longer than that, but he could be back in the UFC after one or two fights outside the promotion.