A new company idea

wolfinfire

Ok, this idea is still in development stage but was hoping others could put in input and maybe it can catch fire.

News Outlet companies.

It seems that orgs are sometimes having a hard time finding writers. This idea could possibly help there, and give another option to players.

The News outlet can partner with maybe 10 organizations.

They make contract with the orgs with a set payout per approved event preview, and a seperate amount per review.

Outlet writes the preview or review, and the org reads it, and hits approve button if it is a legitimate review and not just a couple words.

If it is a preview the org gets a small hype bonus for the event based on the hype of the news outlet, and the news outlet gets a small hype bonus that could be slightly effected by the event rating.

Hype bonus is slightly higher if event is in news outlets city.

Have trophies for:

company released 50 articles.

company released 100 articles.

company top ranked news outlet for 30 days.

company top ranked city news outlet for 30 days.

What does everyone think?

I would be willing to make one of the companies if it is a go.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I was was hoping something like this could promote people to try and write, it would be for their own business unstead of just helping build someone elses. This could light a spark, always worth a try. Any ideas to make this more attractive?

you could add an plus or munis button for the previews/review, so these companys get a rating like the Fight Orgs. I think the News outlet should get a Hype Bonus for how many people read the write-ups, in order to count it, the write-ups are hosted on the New Outlet Page and you can reach the specific articel over a link. the link will then be send by the Org Owner. Also the slight hype boost for Org/Event will be determind by that, so no approval. In order to not abuse this every manager will be counted once. And the market % will be based on how many managers are in the game and this number will bild the hype base value for the company.

Just something that poped into my head :) hope that is some contructive input.

you could add an plus or munis button for the previews/review, so these companys get a rating like the Fight Orgs. I think the News outlet should get a Hype Bonus for how many people read the write-ups, in order to count it, the write-ups are hosted on the New Outlet Page and you can reach the specific articel over a link. the link will then be send by the Org Owner. Also the slight hype boost for Org/Event will be determind by that, so no approval. In order to not abuse this every manager will be counted once. And the market % will be based on how many managers are in the game and this number will bild the hype base value for the company.

Just something that poped into my head :) hope that is some contructive input.

That is actually a excellent idea.

Wolf there are plenty of writers here. You would be surprized. I could name 5 right off the top of my head maybe more, and that is not counting the people who have stopped writing because they no longer need to. Those people may come back to writing with an idea like this becasue it could be more lucritive market with a system like this in place.

• Upvote 2

Wolf there are plenty of writers here. You would be surprized. I could name 5 right off the top of my head maybe more, and that is not counting the people who have stopped writing because they no longer need to. Those people may come back to writing with an idea like this becasue it could be more lucritive market with a system like this in place.

tbf compared to the number of players and orgs their arn't actually that many so I get what Wolf is saying.

Tbh I don't like the idea, or at least not with how the game runs at the moment. I personally wouldn't bother using my company slot on one of these and I'm a writer, I'd rather run a org or a clothing company and just write and get paid through m2m transfer.

tbf compared to the number of players and orgs their arn't actually that many so I get what Wolf is saying.

Tbh I don't like the idea, or at least not with how the game runs at the moment. I personally wouldn't bother using my company slot on one of these and I'm a writer, I'd rather run a org or a clothing company and just write and get paid through m2m transfer.

then it wont use up a company slot :) Since a lot dont open a bookie, or nobody is big on gambling, why not use this position

• Upvote 2

then it wont use up a company slot :) Since a lot dont open a bookie, or nobody is big on gambling, why not use this position

Now that makes a bit more sense - as long as it wasn't exploitable OR screwing over writers, need to find the balance, then that makes it more reasonable

• Upvote 2

Now that makes a bit more sense - as long as it wasn't exploitable OR screwing over writers, need to find the balance, then that makes it more reasonable

of course it shouldnt be exploitable. but mike is doing some other stuff for the moment, so people who want this should start brainstorming on some sensable way to implament this.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Idea .....

I have been setting something like that up (but early stages yet ...... just doin my research first)

Also,

Dont you think these orgs that have no poster for an event should take a BIG hit to its ratings ........ (too many big orgs gettin away with it)

I like the idea you have been discussing and I will be following this thread ....

Good Luck

I like this idea. Writing for the same org all the time for me got a bit old after a while and I think it would be cool if there could be multiple writers for multiple orgs and they could kind of cycle through the roster to keep it fresh.

10 is too many orgs however and I feel it should be no more than 3 orgs and maybe even 1 would be best. There has to be some game factors in here though. If it was all just writing previews and reviews, there would be no way to make this beneficial for an org (orgs with no publicity firms would do the same numerically just no writing which only affects a players interest). There should be PPV bonuses and also bonuses to attendance as well as merch sales.

• 2 weeks later...