You Make the Call - Who Does Dustin Douglas Fight Next?

soyster89

Who is next?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Dustin Douglas fight next?

• Jon Hess
    • Brick Tires
    • Carl Creel
    • Lan Mandragoran
    • Kauko Partio
    • Garson DeBramalo

As some of you may have been following along in the EVO 100 thread (http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44550) there's been some debate on who the greatest fighter of all time is. My fighter, Dustin Douglas, absolutely belongs in those discussions but other's feel as though he hasn't fought the best. Well, this thread will look to appease the masses and take the guess work out of future P4P king discussions.

You tell me - who should the Rasta Lion fight next?

Jon Hess

I know I am going to get bashed for this one but what the hell lol. This is merely an observation and nothing more but previously Dinooo u suggested that Douglas did not deserve to be in the top 10 all time based on who he has fought and lost to, and that when Creed was running things Douglas was still in a mid tier Org, and yet now when asked as a community who the games #1 fighter should fight u suggest the #30 ranked HW who himself is still in a mid tier AND ID restricted Org? This by no means is a slight on Hess I am only saying there are more appropriately ranked HW's for Douglas to battle in his quest to continue his legacy
  • Upvote 1

I know I am going to get bashed for this one but what the hell lol. This is merely an observation and nothing more but previously Dinooo u suggested that Douglas did not deserve to be in the top 10 all time based on who he has fought and lost to, and that when Creed was running things Douglas was still in a mid tier Org, and yet now when asked as a community who the games #1 fighter should fight u suggest the #30 ranked HW who himself is still in a mid tier AND ID restricted Org? This by no means is a slight on Hess I am only saying there are more appropriately ranked HW's for Douglas to battle in his quest to continue his legacy

That was no slight on Douglas fighting in a mid tier org while Creed was crushing. Shit Soyster didn't even have Douglas in his roster when Creed started dominating.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=580620

is why i have no interest in seeing Tires vs Douglas. Douglas fights with the same gameplan and he has a better chin/power than Gilmour ever had, Oath is #3, James Bomb is stuck in Alcatraz, Lan i am assuming is going to fight Creel? Eberhard is stuck in an inactive org, i suppose he can fight Renzo in a rubber match but judging by the lack of mentions about the fight meh, Khan i am going to take a stab in the dark and say will be fighting Tires next, he has won 2 straight fights since losing to him and deserves a shot at revenge. Williams for obvious reasons is a no. Leaves us with #10 Prime who could be a possible opponent.

The reason i chose Hess was because out of all the guys in the top 10 other than Stu won't talk trash nor hype up the fight. Tosen on the other hand would hype the shit out of it and make it entertaining, a fight that i would personally spoiler. I chose an entertaining trash talk battle instead of another fight. You won't get bashed for it but your observation didn't factor in that i checked up the top 10 prior to this and stated numerous times in that thread the talent pool at HW isn't what it used to be. Yes the hype is there but shit the HW division always had the most hype in the game. They are guys in the BW, FW and LW divisions in the top 10 ranked at 100 or more p4p. At HW guys in the top 100 p4p struggle to get into the top 20.

Also i did check SHW and OW and the two that made the most sense were Leo and Odin who i think are going to rematch if Odin makes it past Olivera.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Some very good points Dinooo and my apologies I did not realize you had researched it so thoroughly. I unfortunately do have to agree with u regarding Tosen and by that I don't mean I am sorry to agree with you, I am sorry for the community knowing that the hyping of fights does not happen nearly enough now a days. I try myself but am not really that good at it lol only a select few have that gift. But with that said is that reason enough to give someone much lower ranked a shot, some might agree and others may not but for the sake of the game I would have to favor the yes movement more on this as a fan. It's too bad that because of the gassing issue at HW far too many managers shy away from that weight class in favor of smaller fighters.

I think Patrick McWhiskey has proved enough, fight him open weight and hope that the speed advantage can be avoided.

So you're saying Douglas should keep beating up hiddenless wonders? The only reason Patrick even has a winning record is because Chris is a wizard. At least that's what Douglas' girlfriend told me while giggling about his wizard's stick.

There are more appropriately ranked HWs, but all of them have either lost against Douglas before or are boring nobodies. The Hess/Douglas fight is also fun from the angle that they're the two most popular fighters in the ga----

*Tosen gets violently shoved away from his computer. Jon Hess takes his place and starts viciously slapping the screen*

Hess: "This thing on? What little shrimp man try to say is that Hess smash cowardly Douglas finally in his mouth. Jon Hess always preocpucp-- preco-- interest with what drunken douchebag fans want and right now they want to see strong white man lynch coon from nearest branch. Give strong white fighter chance to fight Douglas, not mudblood or balding furry like Victor Creed. Hess say this fight never last beyond time it take to run down little black man and tie a noose."

Uuuh. Yeah. What he said.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1