other fighting styles

Rasmus

Though i know that the primary mma styles comprise most of this four styles those in the game, but there should have been other styles added which would have been their other attribute or likewise because many fighters have their own sets of practiced styles such as karate,tkd,sambo,judo,wushu etc. which would have been nice.

Though i know that the primary mma styles comprise most of this four styles those in the game, but there should have been other styles added which would have been their other attribute or likewise because many fighters have their own sets of practiced styles such as karate,tkd,sambo,judo,wushu etc. which would have been nice.

This has been brought up before a lot. Overall, it is better the way it is (although I could maybe see 1 Striking and 1 Grappling primary added), because the more that is added in terms of styles, the more complicated it will be to play. Also, all existing fighters would start with Useless in all of them, allowing new fighters who can be set up with one of those styles to hold an advantage of some sort. Heck, even some of the current system isn't perfect, so that should be worked on before Mike focuses on adding more things which will complicate the system further

Why wouldn't you be able to pick a style, then build skills separate? maybe have striking, clinching, ground, but be non specific, using style as more of a basis

That would be a complete overhaul of the system, and would lead to an almost different game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Keep the system as it is or people that have gotten used to the game now will have to learn the new system and I can see some people leaving the game.

• Upvote 1

This topic is brought up often and everyone always has the same reasons for not doing it.

For me, personally, it's a role playing game above all else. It wouldn't complicate things or require a complete overhaul to allow us to choose different aesthetics for the same primaries.

For example, you can allow people to simply choose judo instead of wrestling. karate or kickboxing instead of muay thai, sambo instead of jiu jitsu, etc... Of course, boxing would probably not have an alternative. The stats affected by the primary would not change, but the player would be able to set their sliders and training around their fighters chosen bases.

VERY simple fix for those of us who enjoy RP.

For example, you can allow people to simply choose judo instead of wrestling. karate or kickboxing instead of muay thai, sambo instead of jiu jitsu, etc... Of course, boxing would probably not have an alternative. The stats affected by the primary would not change, but the player would be able to set their sliders and training around their fighters chosen bases.

VERY simple fix for those of us who enjoy RP.

How would this affect the sliders though, what would change? Clinch worth less if you chose Karate instead of MT but likewise you have better range and stand-up striking? It has to have something with it to make it worth it, not bashing but it has to be solid for mike to consider

Top veterans are leaving because of certain issues that probably do currently hold priority

A fighter who chooses muay thai would probably want to work on knees and elbows to keep with that base, but a person who has no intention of ever using a single session towards those stats would want to choose kickboxing.

Purely a change in text only. It would be up to the player to actually make their fighter use that style. If later, Mike wanted to give them some weight, he could tip the percentages on SHIG to make that fighter choose moves relevant to their base more frequently, which would encourage players to actually train the stats that matter in their selected primary.

I'm absolutely okay with these kinds of changes. Not everything needs to transform the mechanics of the game to be enjoyable :-)

I'd like to see primaries being directly related to secondaries, and primaries not being so cut and dry. I like the way BJJ works. The belt is in a possible range and the secondaries help to determine that.

I'd like to see primaries being directly related to secondaries, and primaries not being so cut and dry. I like the way BJJ works. The belt is in a possible range and the secondaries help to determine that.

Makes sense, i think instead of having 15 different "word descriptions" of a skill level for a primary, it should be as BJJ is...

For example:

1 to 3++ Beginner

4 to 7++ Intermediate

8 to 11++ Advanced

12 to 14+ Superior

14++ or ^ Elite

For Boxing, MT, Wrestling

So that people will be forced to do a better job scouting to see just how good their opponent is, and will be less likely to reject a close fight because the skills will seem closer than they currently are.

• Upvote 3

Makes sense, i think instead of having 15 different "word descriptions" of a skill level for a primary, it should be as BJJ is...

For example:

1 to 3++ Beginner

4 to 7++ Intermediate

8 to 11++ Advanced

12 to 14+ Superior

14++ or ^ Elite

For Boxing, MT, Wrestling

So that people will be forced to do a better job scouting to see just how good their opponent is, and will be less likely to reject a close fight because the skills will seem closer than they currently are.

this i could see myself agree to.

• Upvote 1