Separate KT record

threat

It has been request a million of times. Mike, please, we really need this a lot - separate the KT record from MMA record. Many more people would join KT not being afraid to ruin their MMA record. Also this would show your skill and how good you were on your KT fights because now it sucks to count manually on how good the guy is doing in KT and MMA separetly.

• Upvote 12

+1, this was asked a million times and it shouldn't be a very hard thing to do. And get rid of managers record, nobody looks at it, historical record is what matters.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...

I sure hope so! I was about to create a seperately thread about KT trophys, when i stumbled over this one.

I really like the KT aspect of the game, but as others have mentioned, its hard to keep track when the records are mixed.

Is it possible that there could be a fix for the whole MMA vs KT p4p rank? It sucks to have a 5-1 KT fighter but your mma p4p is in the range of 23k, I want to move him into MMA so I lost his last KT fight on purpose so I could make him look a bit worse and make getting an opponent easier. I get that someone fighting KT should never have high MMA rank but being a successful KT fighter should help maintain a half way decent MMA rank.

The sports are different but in real life no one would compare someone with a 5-1 KT record to someone who's 1-5 in MMA.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible that there could be a fix for the whole MMA vs KT p4p rank? It sucks to have a 5-1 KT fighter but your mma p4p is in the range of 23k, I want to move him into MMA so I lost his last KT fight on purpose so I could make him look a bit worse and make getting an opponent easier. I get that someone fighting KT should never have high MMA rank but being a successful KT fighter should help maintain a half way decent MMA rank.

The sports are different but in real life no one would compare someone with a 5-1 KT record to someone who's 1-5 in MMA.

If you're one of the best K1 fighters in the world and you move to MMA, people will expect big things of you because of your achievements in K1, that's why if your fighters do well in K1, they're ranked quite high in the MMA rankings.

If you're one of the best K1 fighters in the world and you move to MMA, people will expect big things of you because of your achievements in K1, that's why if your fighters do well in K1, they're ranked quite high in the MMA rankings.

I agree but that is the total opposite of what happens.

My fighter is 6th in his weight class, 8-4-1 having gone 4-0-1 in his last 5 fights. He's ranked 21461 p4p if he moves into mma.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=225311

This guy I just pulled is 2-8(in mma) having gone 0-5(disregarding the NCs) in his last 5 fights and he's ranked 21521 p4p.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=223433

The more you fight in KT the lower you mma rank becomes, win or lose. I'm not expecting some great change so kick boxers are considered top level mma fighters but they should be able to maintain a half way solid rank if they keep winning.

• Upvote 2

The more you fight in KT the lower you mma rank becomes, win or lose. I'm not expecting some great change so kick boxers are considered top level mma fighters but they should be able to maintain a half way solid rank if they keep winning.

well its basically like playing two different sports. why should your kickboxing rank make your mma rank go up, that would be stupid. The way it is now is perfect. Your ​Popularity is the only common thing between the two which makes perfect since. If your a popular Kickboxer then your popularity carries over to mma.

well its basically like playing two different sports. why should your kickboxing rank make your mma rank go up, that would be stupid. The way it is now is perfect. Your ​Popularity is the only common thing between the two which makes perfect since. If your a popular Kickboxer then your popularity carries over to mma.

I going to try to be nice about this but you're going to have to take this with a grain of salt, I just have to point out that mma is not a martial art in and of itself, it's a sport and judging by your post you might not be aware of that, I know I sound like a dick but really I have to point that out before I move into my next point. Some of the most common disciplines in mma are BJJ, wrestling, judo, boxing, muay thai, and kickboxing. Being known to excel in one of these should set you up for a half decent start in mma because you're already known to be proficient in one aspect of the sport.

Look at this guy;

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=197837

ranked 10 p4p in kickboxing and has a 17-0 record and you're going to tell me if he moved to mma tomorrow he should be ranked 18473 p4p, because clearly it'd be questionable as to if his striking skills would be able to hold water? I also never said kick boxers should get good rankings I only appealed for them to be able to obtain a more solid rank then they seem to get.

I going to try to be nice about this but you're going to have to take this with a grain of salt, I just have to point out that mma is not a martial art in and of itself, it's a sport and judging by your post you might not be aware of that, I know I sound like a dick but really I have to point that out before I move into my next point. Some of the most common disciplines in mma are BJJ, wrestling, judo, boxing, muay thai, and kickboxing. Being known to excel in one of these should set you up for a half decent start in mma because you're already known to be proficient in one aspect of the sport.

Look at this guy;

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=197837

ranked 10 p4p in kickboxing and has a 17-0 record and you're going to tell me if he moved to mma tomorrow he should be ranked 18473 p4p, because clearly it'd be questionable as to if his striking skills would be able to hold water? I also never said kick boxers should get good rankings I only appealed for them to be able to obtain a more solid rank then they seem to get.

absolutely a 17-0 kickboxer should not be ranked at all in mma because he has never fought in mma. Was Cro cop instantly highly ranked as he was in K-1 when he came over to mma, no but he was still just as popular. Then after winning some mma fights he moved up in rank. That is just how it works in real life. Which brings up the point of the original topic, Crocops record, and any other fighter for that matter have separate records for MMA and Kickboxing which would make complete sense to do for this game

So we're pretty much in agreement then? I never posted this because I wanted a kickboxing fighter to be a high ranked mma fighter, I just didn't see how it made sense that a high ranking kickboxer fighter would have a low rank in mma with no mma record. I also understand that this is to give fighters 2 different records and I agree with this, the point I was adding was to see if this change would effect the low mma rankings that kickboxers get or would it just be an aesthetic change on the fighters page.

How bout instead of there being two manager records, just have a managers historic record with a breakdown of wins/losses by ko/dec or sub. The total record of your fighters is pretty useless

i second your motion.

I agree but that is the total opposite of what happens.

My fighter is 6th in his weight class, 8-4-1 having gone 4-0-1 in his last 5 fights. He's ranked 21461 p4p if he moves into mma.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=225311

This guy I just pulled is 2-8(in mma) having gone 0-5(disregarding the NCs) in his last 5 fights and he's ranked 21521 p4p.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=223433

Very strange. Thanks for providing evidence to support what you're saying, makes it a lot easier to see. I agree with you, K1 fighters should be higher ranked than MMA fighters with no fights to their name.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Other than the aesthetic thing, it doesn't take long to overcome the crappy mma ranking. I have recently converted a KT fighter into MMA, and it took two wins to get under 3k p4p. Magnus Hammersmith

So if you choose to fight in mma, it doesn't take long to gain hyp and rank. It's the opponent of the first mma fight that gets a shitty deal. That would be the only reason to adjust this.

• 8 months later...