Would ANYONE Consider This Person to be a Hip Hop Artist???

BigTree

The whole thing started based on him using this in the game "What's the lie?"...He stated he is a Hip Hop artist.

I agree that art is in the eye of the beholder, I was not out to bash his "skills" as an artist. Just the notion that someone could produce poorly made self recording and state that you are now a hip hop artist. Is everyone that calls into a radio show and is heard on the air now a broadcaster? Is anyone that stands behind a news person on the street smiling and pointing to the camera now a reporter? If I quote a scene from Goodfellas in my best Joe Pesci voice, am I an actor?

Its like me saying I am an artist and work in the style of emoticons because I do this - :dancing: :thumbup: :thumbup: :rolling: :rolling: :thumbup: :thumbup: :dancing:

Argument from incredulity, because the quality of work does not meet your standard doesn't change what it means to be an artist as I have already referanced. Your post is actually riddled with fallacies. (read: false analogy)If you're going to make a comparison consider not relying on the surface similarities, the core argument of what you posted does not match the argument that you are attempting to make. Here is a statement that can help us get back on track;

Would someone who practices playing the guitar but sounds badly be considered an artist?

My answer is yes, because the person is performing a creative art. This is an objective statement with no personal ties that is true, so long as the comparison remains the same on a substantial level it will remain true so consider the following;

Would someone who practices performing hip-hop music but sounds badly be considered an artist?

The answer remains yes and it's still holds an objective view.

I can shit standing up, does that count as art?

See the above(see:false analogy) you added nothing to the topic and you should feel bad.

• Upvote 2

Here is a statement that can help us get back on track;

Would someone who practices playing the guitar but sounds badly be considered an artist?

My answer is yes, because the person is performing a creative art. This is an objective statement with no personal ties that is true, so long as the comparison remains the same on a substantial level it will remain true so consider the following;

Would someone who practices performing hip-hop music but sounds badly be considered an artist?

The answer remains yes and it's still holds an objective view.

Again, you are saying I am judging it to be bad therefore it can not be art, making him not an artist. My judgement of it's quality holds no bearing. I think Insane Clown Posse sucks, but they are still artists. They create and record their music and perform said creations.

What I am saying is that just by doing something i.e. practicing the guitar, does not make you an artist. I don't see any type of "performance" being done. I do hear an attempt to rhyme words over a track of music. Calling that person an artist is a stretch even by definition. If I record my voice singing abc's to my daughter while her toy is playing music, am I vocal artist? I mean technically I am being creative because I am doing my own voice reflection to the song and I am performing it, even if it is for an audience of one (my daughter), would you consider that an artist?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But the album that comes up first, KLE2 1991-2006, I played the drums and bass on three tracks, played guitar on two, one was accapella, and the last I got track from somebody on soundclick...But lets just drop it, Big Tree is never going to give up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The guy doesn't want to discuss it, and you clearly are not going to change your view, so it is best to leave it at that.

He enjoys what he does, and if he considers himself a hip hop artist, then good for him. You might not think he is good, but as long as he enjoys doing it, he should continue.

If you don't like his stuff or consider him an artist then just don't listen to his stuff. Plain and Simple.

• Upvote 2

If you're not into it GB, I'm cool with that. However, I don't need you letting me know what I should or should not do though.

We are in the off topic section and having an open discussion. Some people have come in an pointed out that I may be mistaken others have come in and said I may be correct.

Either way, it's more substance than posting associated words. Three word story on the other hand holds more substance than this thread.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Hahaha. But seriously, even though I suck at Tycoon am I not a keyboard warrior? :P

@GBK Last I checked Mike's slangin' the meat, and Marky O'Sullivan is his main squeeze. Stop trying to police the community and play your part, side piece. :D

Hardly trying to police the community. Just saying I feel it is a bit unfair on the guy

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Been doing it in more than one thread as well

Not really sure how you can say either was overrated. If they are overrated then who is deserving of being rated? Not to derail this thread at all, but how did Brady hit the lottery? He has had pretty mediocre supporting talent until Moss and Welker came along and that team didn't even win the title. Would love to discuss this in another thread

Or you can just discuss it in PM's

This is a forum, dude. This is what a forum is for, discussions

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're always just saying too much though, is my point. You and a few others act like you run this game. I don't agree with BigTree, but who are you to tell him what to say or do?

How exactly do I act like I run the game? Most of my posting is either in the fun threads or in noob help. In this instance, Kenlow doesn't want to discuss the matter further, but Big Tree is continuing to push the issue. If the guy doesn't want to discuss it, then just let it drop.

Been doing it in more than one thread as well

This is a forum, dude. This is what a forum is for, discussions

A discussion between two specific people on one issue is simply just you scrounging for posts for credits.

But oh well, it is clear you two don't care and are just using this to post for more Credits anyway

• Upvote 2

This is somebodies hobby and passion and you come on here and quite obviously put it down, I feel like that is very harsh and disrespectful, especially from a mod maybe you should know better, if I was Ken I would be feeling pretty pissed off and upset because somebody has just taken the piss out of MY hobbies, made it public knowledge that you don't agree with it and insulted it. Maybe if you want to make a thread discussing something, do it about your own hobby and passion and not somebody elses. Why couldn't you of just thought what you want to think, which you are completely entitled to do so and you know that and let it slip, but instead you wanted to publicly humiliate and ridicule Ken and that is not fair.

• Upvote 5

How exactly do I act like I run the game? Most of my posting is either in the fun threads or in noob help. In this instance, Kenlow doesn't want to discuss the matter further, but Big Tree is continuing to push the issue. If the guy doesn't want to discuss it, then just let it drop.

A discussion between two specific people on one issue is simply just you scrounging for posts for credits.

But oh well, it is clear you two don't care and are just using this to post for more Credits anyway

Posting to gain credts...are you really saying that??? GBK, I see your name all over these stupid threads that contribute absolutely nothing but kill time and drive post counts. I know this because I too am in there. A forum is exactly for two people sharing their views to either agree on, discuss, or debate points. Then other people join in and either agree, discuss, or debate. Posting - Crab, lobster, seafood, tuna in word association is doing nothing and driving post counts...not a real discussion. For someone who feels this thread should end, you sure are spending a lot of time here, and still posting

This is somebodies hobby and passion and you come on here and quite obviously put it down, I feel like that is very harsh and disrespectful, especially from a mod maybe you should know better, if I was Ken I would be feeling pretty pissed off and upset because somebody has just taken the piss out of MY hobbies, made it public knowledge that you don't agree with it and insulted it. Maybe if you want to make a thread discussing something, do it about your own hobby and passion and not somebody elses. Why couldn't you of just though what you want to think, which you are completely entitled to do so and you know that and let it slip, but instead you wanted to publicly humiliate and ridicule Ken and that is not fair.

Uni - I never bashed him for his passion. While I don't think what he did was really good, I also said I liked his first submission. The whole challenge on this was he claimed he was a hip hop artist in Guess The Lie. I said he was lying about being a Hip Hop Artist and he said no he wasn't. I brought it here for a debate on whether or not he is a Hip Hop Artist. Me being a MOD has nothing to do with this thread. I am not calling him names or making threats or doing anything against him. I am simply stating I don't believe he is a Hip Hop Artist

My Hobby is playing MMATycoon..Make a thread about it.

My 2 cents:

-kenlow keep doing what makes you happy. Fuck a hater.

-GBK keep doing what makes you happy, except posting in these forums. Everyone hates you.

:)

What a ridiculous thing to say, GBK is not hated by anybody but yourself and you don't really count if you're posting such sweeping idiotic statements like that.

• Upvote 1

Idiotic? Obviously you haven't been following this thread.

I don't have to follow the thread to know how idiotic that statement was, GBK is one of the more respectable guys on this site, he is always trying to do things to enhance peoples experiences by running the world cup sweepstake, the troid tournament and he is quite often in the noob help being helpful. I've had the pleasure of spending time with him whilst on the mmatycoon podcast and he is also a nice and funny guy. I'd like to repeat, he is not hated by anybody but yourself, so you saying he is hated by everybody is idiotic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

conor, just because you were allowed on the podcast doesn't mean you have to swing from his nuts. he helps the community?... shit I've gave millions to new players before you even knew what this game was... which if you'd been around long enough you'd have seen that being as active on the forums as you two are. that has nothing to do with him trying to police people on here, a MOD non the less, and posting in every fucking topic to hit these forums. for god's sake he has a red belt on his new account which has only been around since december of 2013. you seem to be another know it all, with your whole years worth of experience being solely based on spam and win credits. i'm the only one to have a complaint about his constant presence in every forum topic??? lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Technically it is hip hop, but only in the most literal sense. It lacks any of the defining qualities of actual, palatable music, so all we have left is what we think it's supposed to be.

I especially love the beat in the first song. It takes me back to the first time I ever played drums.