Extra exclusive hiddens through trust

SpizzEnergi

How about this as it's pertinent to real life.

Extra, exclusive hiddens appear on young fighter after they are kept for a while and trained a certain way.

For example. I create a new guy and "I think he turns out to be a donkey"., but say I like the guy and keep him for a year or so and his learning etc turns into the best 16/yr old you could ever ask for. In life this is what might happen. A guy gets into MMA because he has anger or social issues as he comes from a broken family and has had no guidance. Through time. He's given a chance and this spurs him to do better and the result it you have a beast. Look at the Jose Also story with this also. Furthermore, it might change the opinion of creating a new guy and sacking him after 1 fight because you think he's shit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Thing is though in real life, if you have a glass jaw or no natural KO power theres nothing you can do about it. Some people just dont have knock out power and cant take a punch, you cant really teach those things. You can get more technical yes but KO power is basically just within you or it isnt and the ability to take a punch is as well. Confidence and Determination you can gain from fighting more but i dno if that already grows in game, every fighter is created with a fixed potential so maybe confidence and determination can grow with that. But then again its all basically DNA level things, some people would rather snap than tap...some cant do it

• Upvote 1

So I have a shitty stand up guy, but through time he becomes a demon BJJ guy, or learns how to duck and weave and becomes a sensation. Jose Aldos chin has never been properly tested but he's fast as he'll and is serious in the clinch... Also, he does mad cage jumps which come through learning. This isn't an MMA trait

you can achieve those things by training your guys in a gym. your talking about hiddens, the things you described are primaries and secondary skills. Jose Aldo is a quick guy with amazing knockout power. What im saying is he didnt become the fighter he is just through training, its within him from birth...otherwise the UFC would be full of anderson silvas and jose aldos. You cannot teach what they have

What about linking it to coaches... given a lot of time, a coach will give you the odd report about a guy... this might also stop sacking coaches once their wage demands become too high, as currently, sack him, hire a new one and it's all good....

sorry mate i don't get what you mean by that. I know mike is working on an idea for cornermen but gaining hiddens as your grow older just doesnt sound like it would work for me

I believe he's saying something like you get a pm from a coach.

Coach John Schmoe: "I just got done working with Fighter Name on punches and I think the kid has some real power, he's been so inside his head worrying about technique but once we got him to throw it out and just release his power really came through."

I like the idea hiddens are fixed.

However this is quite an interesting idea and there are plenty of real life examples of guys who come in at half potential and then sync up with a new coach who is able to pull the hidden talent out of them.

If it were me though I would tie it to maintaining a high level of morale 95%+ for a semi-random range of time.

With losses factoring into morale loss it would essentially require managers to manage the fighter to success in order to bring out their full potential.

I dont think Spizz's idea is horrible, it just needs some curtailing done to it

Say its not based on learning speed but rather more confidence or heart grows as the fighter stays with the manager and he doesnt leave his morale under 10% for half the damn year like plenty of these guys do.

IQ may be a push, but your fighting IQ and IQ in general should be growing but maybe tie it to experience growing faster.

I think his point, giving more reward for managers sticking with fighters might be a good thing.

I wouldn't want hiddens to change over time. Like Mogan stated, there are things you can change by working in a gym and things that are just natural. Experience and confidence are really the only two hiddens that have the possibility of improving over time. Everything else is technique learned in the gym.

However, I like Fenix's idea of having coaches give feedback. We could make it like IQ tests where they aren't completely accurate, and could actually be way off base sometimes. However, over time, you could get a general idea.

Here is how I would suggest doing it:

Currently, there is very little happening on Sundays. We can schedule managers to do scouting on Sundays. You choose a set number of your fighters that you want a scouting report on, and on Sunday, you get an email from Tycoon Scouting that says:

I talked to a few of Fighter X's coaches over at Random Gym like you asked me to. Here's what they had to say:

Coach A: Fighter X can really take a punch. That guy has a chin made out of iron.

Coach B: I don't know about Fighter X. He tries hard, but just can't seem to get the hang of what I'm teaching him.

Coach C: Fighter X has talent if he would only believe in himself.

Now, like I said, these emails should be general and sometimes even incorrect, but over the course of time, you would get a general understanding.

Just spit-balling on the original idea here.

I don't think learning speed should be able to improve.

However things where a psychological influence could be present could be cool.

I wouldn't make it improve over time I would have their initial value in Heart, Confidence, & KO Power.

These two things can both be effected by psychological factors pretty heavily.

This way if you keep the guys morale up for a long period of time it simulates helping him work through some psychological issue and reach his full potential.

Example: Bryan Caraway, when he was on TUF it was pretty obvious he lacked confidence.

As for heart and KO Power.

I think heart is a very mental thing and someone could become more mentally resolved.

KO Power may be a psychological issue with hurting other people, Roxanne Modaferri comes to mind.

I don't think any of this is near a final form but something to discuss.

Fair points guys...

i know the idea I had but i think its a bit to complex to explain, never mind discuss...

P.S. thanks for the -1 (whoever you are)... maybe you should try and put forward ideas yourself? Anyway... I'm happy that is created a little discussion and you, more experienced guys have taken my idea forward and seen ways to make the game more efficient.

Fair points guys...

i know the idea I had but i think its a bit to complex to explain, never mind discuss...

P.S. thanks for the -1 (whoever you are)... maybe you should try and put forward ideas yourself? Anyway... I'm happy that is created a little discussion and you, more experienced guys have taken my idea forward and seen ways to make the game more efficient.

What I think you mean is potential...young unlock some potential through a good coach or training at an high end gym. So say you create a guy he rolls 100(made up) potential out of 150, through working with the same coaches for a few year they could unlock a further 10-20 points of potential which translates into a higher skill cap. But hidden are things that are just within you and can't be taught

That was my take as well Mogan, I think the concern that others might have had with the idea was limitless potential. 10-20 points unlockable via maintaining morale could be a nice twist. It would definitely make the issue of "do I sac this 18 year old with no outstanding hiddens and a good learning speed?" a lot more interesting.

• 1 month later...

Thought a bit more about this... what about if theres a guy that was released because he was "slow" or you thought he was "slow"... How about if a factor in this was if he wasnt given sups at the right time or wrong training, or bad fights, then the new guys does it in a way thats more suited to him and he improves?