Thiago Silva a free man

PBR

A Florida judge dropped all charges against ex-UFC fighter Thiago Silva stemming from an alleged altercation that occurred with Silva’s estranged wife, Thaysa Kamiji, and mixed martial arts school owner Pablo Popovitch in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., this past February.

Sherdog.com confirmed the news with a Broward County State Attorney’s office representative following an initial report from TMZ. The representative said that the charges were likely dropped because the alleged victim had become uncooperative and investigators had determined that she had likely moved out of the country.

Silva was arrested on Feb. 6 after allegedly threatening to shoot up Popovitch’s jiu-jitsu school and then barricading himself inside his home. After initially being charged with two felony counts of attempted murder, the charges were downgraded to aggravated assault with a firearm and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Silva also faced a charge of resisting arrest without violence.

Silva was released from jail on $25,000 bond in March; according to a report from Fox Sports , he returned to training with his Blackzilians in May.

The UFC terminated the Silva’s contract shortly after his arrest. The Brazilian was scheduled to compete at Fight Time 20 on Aug. 29 in Fort Lauderdale, but that bout ultimately fell through.

SO here's the idea...

GULAG FIGHT CLUB

All these fucking animals who don't know how to live in polite society and make their money fighting professionally get sent to a Siberian gulag.

There they fight for supremacy of the prison, an increase in the prison hierarchy involves increased benefits, such as extra sausage on Tuesdays, perhaps 3 more cigarettes on a Friday evening, etc.

Of The Night bonuses are awarded in bars of soap, chocolate and telephone calling cards.

We could even introduce a Bellator style tournament system, held in the gym yard but all competitors enagge at once like a Royal Rumble. Watch alliances make and break, watch friends become enemies and eyes in the back of your head become the most important weapon at a fighter's disposal.

I'd watch it. Pay Per View. Profit.

• Upvote 4

SO here's the idea...

GULAG FIGHT CLUB

All these fucking animals who don't know how to live in polite society and make their money fighting professionally get sent to a Siberian gulag.

There they fight for supremacy of the prison, an increase in the prison hierarchy involves increased benefits, such as extra sausage on Tuesdays, perhaps 3 more cigarettes on a Friday evening, etc.

Of The Night bonuses are awarded in bars of soap, chocolate and telephone calling cards.

We could even introduce a Bellator style tournament system, held in the gym yard but all competitors enagge at once like a Royal Rumble. Watch alliances make and break, watch friends become enemies and eyes in the back of your head become the most important weapon at a fighter's disposal.

I'd watch it. Pay Per View. Profit.

You are a genius.

yea im really surprised they are bringing him back -- i mean there is no doubt he is and was guilty just can not continue with court hearings cause no witnesses to call -- not downing on Thiago cause i sort of like the guy but just shocked really -- i do wonder though if pablo and silva's ex ever come back to us if he will be charged again and them locked up so they have to testify and cannot leave country

I'm just wondering if when Thiago Silva does fight, whether Joe and Goldie will mention his legal and drug (I think I saw that his cocaine addiction plus the texts winding him up caused him to flip) troubles or just pretend that it never happened. He's a good fighter though in a very, very thin division so i'm not that surprised they've brought him back.

I think Ben Askren addresses them resigning Silva while he's bashing Dana White in that interview.

• 2 weeks later...

well he is free but no longer employed by the UFC

Thiago Silva has also been let go again -- reinstated for 2 wks then fired again -- lol

Thiago Silva was terminated from his UFC contract on Friday, two weeks after being reinstated by the company when assault and battery charges against the fighter were dropped.

The move by the UFC comes on the heels of two separate videos being posted to YouTube by Silva’s estranged wife, Thaysa Kamiji. The two videos allegedly show Silva under the influence of cocaine as well as Silva searching her house while carrying a concealed weapon in his pocket.

The promotion released this statement in regards to the videos on Friday afternoon:

“Thiago Silva was released from his UFC contract on Feb. 7 due to his arrest by police in South Florida. The charges against Silva were dropped by the Broward County District Attorney’s office, and Silva was re-signed to the UFC earlier this month. Based on new information received today in the form of video and audio evidence, Silva has been terminated from his UFC contract.”