MMA-Entrances

DeadpoolPlays

I think a lot of that depends on how much the org wants to spend on production. I don't think Boxing and MMA ever goes that far in real life not like Apollo's entrance in Rocky IV. Wrestling you tend to have minimal people coming out that know where to stand, MMA you got the fighters, coaches, teams, security, etc. It might be more of a liabilty.

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of it, but I think the way some of the fighters (Tom Lawlor and James Te Huna are the first two that come to mind) in the UFC do it now is the way to go. I wasn't a huge fan of the way PRIDE pyros and rising from under the stage.

If you look at the Japanese MMA promotions, the entrances sometimes play a big part and some get rather creative, for example the Yuichiro Nagashima vs Shinya Aoki match where Nagashima came to the ring in an anime cosplay. Although the main reason why entrances are fairly important in Japan is because of how deep rooted pro wrestling is in the country, the UFC want to distance themselves as much as possible from pro wrestling so I doubt pyrotechnics will ever get used in entrances, probably some safety issues too.

• Upvote 1

Hell no... leave that bullshit to wrestling.

Walnut did make a valid point about safety... wrestling can do all that shit because they set up the TV and stage along with pyro in the ring posts with that in mind. In MMA you have the fighters coming out whatever entrance the regular tenants use which is decidedly not designed for pyro displays.

wrestling can do all that shit because they set up the TV and stage along with pyro in the ring posts with that in mind. In MMA you have the fighters coming out whatever entrance the regular tenants use which is decidedly not designed for pyro displays.

Plus if they had to set up a stage that would cut off the amount of seats/tickets they can have

One of my favourites of all time in Genki Sudo had brilliant entrances.

I think there's a thin line between over the top and creative. Probably a no to the pyrotechnics, but if the fighter and his ensemble want to dress up and dance their way to the cage? Sure!

• Upvote 2

Plus if they had to set up a stage that would cut off the amount of seats/tickets they can have

Depending on the event that may not be a bad thing but there is just so much negatives, especially with Bellator's bullshit with Tito and Bonnar. UFC is going to distance itself from wrasslin as much a it can.