Flair - My idea (I think it's unique)

UniConor

Yeah, but then if we look in the real world, only some of these fighters could possibly pull the moves off. Maybe a mix between a hidden and a slider, for example. In terms of sliders, I would compare it to follow my orders and see how it goes

Follow my orders - See how it goes - You can choose to go see how it goes, even if you have a dumb fighter, it just won't get as well. You can pick your fighter to follow your orders if he does have a high IQ. To fight a particular way. Just because you have it, doesn't mean you HAVE to use it, and even if you don't have as good as others, you can still TRY and just fail a little.

Flair - Technique. If you have flair, you can choose to use it. If you don't have flair and try and use it, you won't be as affective. If you have flair and don't try to use it, no loss. If you don't have flair and don't use it, no loss.

In a real life situation, Anthony Pettis, in my opinion is one of the fighters who has the most flair. Since he is a lightweight, lets compare him to say. Khabib, now Khabib won't be able to do a showtime kick, it's just not him. Not his body type, nothing. He is a straight up in your face wrestler and if he tried, he would probably not be as good as Pettis imo.

Now lets take, Edson Barboza, if he tried a showtime kick, he would be able to pull it off. He just chooses not to.

Does that make sense?

To summarize, it would be a hidden and a slider.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but then if we look in the real world, only some of these fighters could possibly pull the moves off. Maybe a mix between a hidden and a slider, for example. In terms of sliders, I would compare it to follow my orders and see how it goes

Follow my orders - See how it goes - You can choose to go see how it goes, even if you have a dumb fighter, it just won't get as well. You can pick your fighter to follow your orders if he does have a high IQ. To fight a particular way. Just because you have it, doesn't mean you HAVE to use it, and even if you don't have as good as others, you can still TRY and just fail a little.

Flair - Technique. If you have flair, you can choose to use it. If you don't have flair and try and use it, you won't be as affective. If you have flair and don't try to use it, no loss. If you don't have flair and don't use it, no loss.

In a real life situation, Anthony Pettis, in my opinion is one of the fighters who has the most flair. Since he is a lightweight, lets compare him to say. Khabib, now Khabib won't be able to do a showtime kick, it's just not him. Not his body type, nothing. He is a straight up in your face wrestler and if he tried, he would probably not be as good as Pettis imo.

Now lets take, Edson Barboza, if he tried a showtime kick, he would be able to pull it off. He just chooses not to.

Does that make sense?

To summarize, it would be a hidden and a slider.

I about added that myself. The hidden contains the actual ability they have flair wise and the slider is how much flair they actually show in fights

• 3 weeks later...

I love the idea UniConor esepcially since I was just thinking yesterday, I wish there was a way to set my guy or a sldier so that he would mix up punching power and speed. Some shots hard. Some not so hard. Some straight down the pipe. Some looping. Would be great especially if you have a guy who does no have natural knock out powere, but is so electric he can get them through speed, surprise and staggered reps.

Again. Love the thought. :)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Another addition I'd like to make is. When I do see a flair move, like a superman punch or a spinning back fist. It's always the knockout blow. It's not just thrown in with flavour. So it'd be nice to see people attempt and fail a little bit more.

• 1 year later...

Just wanna add suggest corresponding good idea from rain

-Takedown attempt that pettis do to holloway.I think like capoeira style.But this technique must low percentage of appear.

-Footstamp(on the clinch) just require flair hidden skill but i think need high flair.This is funny ><

-Heel Hook

-Leg Lock

-Kneebar

-Ankle lock

-Uppercut elbow

-Brazilian Kick

-Tornado Kick

But I think not can do this all with just have right stat.Some of this must have percentage to show up.Like a Slam.I ussualy see that in mma.Footstamp must be the lowest percentage.Axe Kick it's very rare to also with tornado kick.And also check this http://www.mmatycoon...ic=20193&page=1 if that happen some technique must have an unusual martial art to do like leglock(sambo) or Tornado kick(Taekwondo or in this game Karate)

I think this is an ok idea (effort might be used to make some other changes but its cool nonetheless)

I would be against it being based on xx, yy, zz stats because then we know if your fighter throws a certain move they have to have minimum certain stats. If this is the case, it wouldn't be hard to build a parser than combs a fighter's history and spits out a decent image of what the fighters secondaries and physicals are at. Much more than TOTT gives) A hidden would work great though.

The best thing about it is that it is the suggestion was made by a married dude that shoots rainbows out his ass! :)