Insurance

KingMSD

So recently i had a fight where my fighter was in the right city on weight for the fight. However the opponent was off weight and had to catch an auto flight for the fight. The result was a no contest because the other fighter couldn't cut the weight. So i didnt get paid for the fight an infact lost a lot (relatively) of money due to flying to and from the fight and hotel fees.

I would like some way maybe a new company or maybe in org contracts where they can insure a fighter against this potential situation. Where it would kick in an pay the contracted fighters base pay and win bonus if they are there for the fight and the opponent messes up somehow (wrong city/overweight).

Thoughts on this?

• Upvote 3

so this something else then an insurance now - that's a penalty for NC's - which is a good idea - and it makes sense to pay it to the people who have the financial loss which is mostly the other fighter and the org

so it's like the 'not-make-weight-still-fight-and-give-some-of-you're-purse-to-the-other-fighter'-deal they had in some MMA orgs in RL - does it make sense to have that here? - are there any other reasons for NC then weights with the autoflights and all?

insurance would be if the org or fighter pays a little to the insurance, and the insurance pays them if a fight falls through - but it kinda feels unfair because the people who do nothing wrong have to pay a fee - although this would be the way they'd work this out in real life bizz.

• 2 weeks later...